Sign in to follow this  
Guest ifly747s

Pmdg_747400_main.dll Cannot Find Pmdgoptions.dll

Guest ifly747s

When I try and load the PMDG 744 to FSX i receive the following messages;PMDG_747400_main.dll cannot find PMDGOptions.dllPMDG_747400_ACS.dll cannot find PMDGOptions.dllPMDG_747400_overhead.dll cannot find PMDGOptions.dllPlease help.Thanks

This happened to me twice, on different computers. One time I ran the update again and it fixed it. Second tome I just reloaded the whole aircraft again. Reloading the whole aircraft worked best for me. If you just save your repaints and cfg entries for the liveries it is easy to putthem back in.Andrew

Guest kenhua

Hi I ahve the same problem tooWhen I try and load the PMDG 744 to FSX i receive the following messages;PMDG_747400_main.dll cannot find PMDGOptions.dllPMDG_747400_ACS.dll cannot find PMDGOptions.dllPMDG_747400_overhead.dll cannot find PMDGOptions.dllPlease Please help.Thanks

Full names in this forum please.You probably have a problem in the FSX file dll.xml, visit the pmdg knowledge base and read the article on this subject for several options you can try.

Dan Downs KCRP

Strange, the first post for both these people and they have the same problem.Buzz

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

Strange, the first post for both these people and they have the same problem.Buzz
I think we all know what the "real" problem here is Shame%20On%20You.gif

dll.xml Information and TroubleshootingDLL.XML INFORMATION AND TROUBLESHOOTINGby Ryan Maziarz, PMDGSeveral addons (most notably several by Wilco/FeelThere) corrupt the FSX dll.xml file, which can render inoperative any addon that relies on dlls loaded from it, including the PMDG 747-400 and MD-11. Numerous attempts at getting these developers to fix this issue have gone unanswered. This article explains the source of the problems and how to fix it yourselfWHAT IS THE DLL.XML FILE?The dll.xml file tells FSX which dll (dynamic link library) modules to load into the sim at startup. In previous versions of Flight Simulator, any dll that was placed in the "Modules" folder would load automatically into the sim. Microsoft changed this in FSX and such dlls can now be loaded from anywhere via the dll.xml file. What they didn't foresee is that corruption of this file is now a single point of failure for any installed addon that loads a dll via the file.The dll.xml file contains data entries surrounded by "tags" that describe the dlls and various options pertaining to how they load into the sim.At it's most basic level with no actual addon dlls loading, the dll.xml file looks like this:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad></SimBase.Document>The first line declares the type of xml file it is, and the next block contained within the SimBase.Document tags sets up the basic load options for the file.Actual entries for loading dlls look like this and are placed after the Launch.ManualLoad tags but before the ending SimBase.Document tag in the basic structure shown above:<Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path></Launch.Addon>Most of a dll.xml is made of up a succession of these entries that tell the sim to load particular addon dlls. For the PMDG aircraft, there are three of them - PMDGOptions.dll, PMDGSound.dll and PMDGEvents.dll.HOW TO FIND YOUR DLL.XMLThe dll.xml file is normally located in a hidden location. Here's how to find it.1. First you need to open the Windows Folder Options. You can get to this either from Control Panel, or by going to Tools/Folder Options from any Explorer window that shows your drives and folders such as My Computer.2. In the Folder Options, you need to change two options on the View tab away from their default settings: a. The first is "Hidden files and folders" - you need to change this to the 2nd option down that says "Show hidden files, folders, and drives." b. The second is "Hide extensions for known file types" - uncheck this option. Extensions are the second half a filename, for example .doc, .jpg, .mp3, or in this case .xml. For some reason, Microsoft decided to hide these by default, which can make it difficult to identify the exact files in a list.3. Now, you need to browse your main C: drive, and go to one of these locations depending on whether you have Windows XP or Windows Vista/Windows 7:Windows XP:C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Windows Account Name)\Application Data\Microsoft\FSXWindows Vista\Windows 7:C:\Users\(Your Windows Account Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXThe dll.xml file is in this folder. (Note that this is also the location of another very important file - your fsx.cfg)HOW TO FIX COMMON PROBLEMS WITH <A name=OLE_LINK3>DLL.XMLProblem 1 - newline characters:There are invisible formatting characters that make up what's called a "newline" in a text file. In Windows and a couple of other operating systems the newline sequence is "CR LF" - those stand for "carriage return" and "line feed" - they're terms that originated a long time ago with telegrams and mechanical typewriters. In Unix or Linux based operating systems however, the standard is just a single LF character. This is what happens with certain installers by other companies, they're stripping the CR characters out of each newline the file and making it the Unix/Linux format with just LF. Windows Notepad can't read Unix style newline formating, so you'll see just a string of text with no line breaks when you open one of these corrupted files with it.1. Download a copy of Notepad++ here (which can read Unix/Linux text files) and you can actually see these characters and fix them:http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download2. In the program, go to View/Show Symbols/Show End of Line. 3. You'll now see a bunch of black and white boxed CR and LF characters at the end of each line in a good dll.xml file. If you see just LFs, the file's been corrupted.To fix the LFs, you can do one of two things:a. Go through manually, position the cursor before each LF and then press Ctrl+M, which inserts a Windows newline. (CR LF)b. The much easier method is to go to Edit/EoL Conversion and Select Windows Format. If Windows is greyed out, select Unix Format first, and then move it back to Windows. It'll automatically convert all the LF to CR LF.If that's the only thing that was wrong with the file, you're good to go and your addons should start working again because FSX can now read the file.Problem 2 - truncated/orphaned pieces of entries:Sometimes the file structure itself is corrupted and you'll see something similar to this at the top of the file in Notepad++:<Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Events</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>bled>False</Disabled><Launch.Addon> etcWhat has happened here is that the correct header for the file has been completely deleted and there's a small orphan of it sitting there after the PMDG entries and the SimBase.Document end tag.To fix this:1. Paste the following into the top of the file:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>2. Delete the SimBase.Document end tag (which is already there at the end of the file again, where it should be) and the truncated/orphaned line:</SimBase.Document>bled>False</Disabled>3. Fix any newline CR LF problems that may be present in the file. (See Problem 1 above) Often the first part of the file up until the truncated/orphaned line will have the correct newline characters, but anything below that point has just the Unix/Linux LF character and needs to be fixed. In normal Windows Notepad, this type of file will appear correct with line breaks up until that point, where it will turn into a constant string of text.CONCLUSION:The above information should allow you to fix 99% of all dll.xml troubles you may come across. It is a very good idea to back up your dll.xml file before installing an addon, just to ensure that you have a good working copy to refer to in case the addon corrupts it. <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Hi there,I have the same issue with my 747-400X. I tried to fix the dll.xml except there was nothing wrong! Now im officially stumped. I really want to use my product THAT I PAID MONEY FOR. Any other ideas?Thanks,Nolan Madsen

Hi there,I have the same issue with my 747-400X. I tried to fix the dll.xml except there was nothing wrong! Now im officially stumped. I really want to use my product THAT I PAID MONEY FOR. Any other ideas?Thanks,Nolan Madsen
Worst case, just go here http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx and open a support ticket. I can say from experience that they will be probably be able to help you out fairly quickly if no ones suggestions on the forum fix your problem. I just submitted two tickets last weeks for a few minor problems and they help me get it sorted out really fast.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Friends and fellow simmers.The first thing you should do is open a support ticket. Include your order number for each product effected. The order numbers can either be found in your confirmation emails or if you sign into your account on PMDG's website. Now, I have just spent the past 5 hours fixing my PMDG 747, FSX, and my dll.xml file, because I too got the dreaded 3 "dll's can not be found" then the FSX fatal error. This struck me as incredibly odd. I Bought the plane a while back......have flown it a billion times, and helped people right here on the PMDG Support Forum here on avsim.com, so how could this happen???Well, what I have failed to mention is, I have a younger brother that I've gotten interested in aviation. He enjoys computers and LOVES playing my FSX. For his birthday this year I bought him a copy of his own and a nice joystick, taught him out to install liveries, work with the .cfg files, and showed him a bunch of software companies that have add on planes, so our parents can buy him for doing good in school, or whatever. But I failed to tell him about not downloading torrents, because to be honest with you......I didn't even expect him to know what a torrent was, let alone know how to obtain them. When he comes over to my place I let him just go crazy with my sim because he doesn't have a lot of the good add ons yet. Well its Christmas so he comes over to hang out for a little while, and tells me that he has a present for me, but its a surprise, so I play along. He tells me to come in and shows me this new plane that I KNOW I never bought. Long story short, he obtained the plane from a torrent site ( I will not mention the plane or the company ) put it on a flash drive and installed it on my computer. He's a little kid (12 , so that's little kid enough to me), very smart with computers, but he didn't know he had done wrong. Well I had to be the bad guy and tell him what the problem was in what he did. That problem....(after a couple min later when I deleted the plane and wanted to show him some new liveries on the 747 I made)....COMPLETLY knocked out my PMDG 747 747-8i/F and 747-LCF, and I had to spend the rest of my Christmas eve fixing it.......as well as, had him watch me how to, to learn something, and I'm not going to lie............he's a good kid and I didn't want him to feel bad, so I made it look like with out his help I would not have fixed it, and then I bought him something from IRIS flight sim, because he likes fighter jets, and I don't know how to be mean to him. This entire thing seems a little winded but there's a point in all of this. People that put software on torrent sites are like hackers.........they find a way to leave their mark some way or another, and in my (naive brother's) case, was ONE letter. ONE simple........small........character, in a spot that it was NOT supposed to be.........in a file it was NOT supposed to be in, and it took me a LOT of time to find. I will not divulge the information on how I did this, because I do not want to give anyone that stole a product, information on how to fix something, or where to look. NOTE: If a PMDG employee wants to know what I am talking about and what I did to fix this, please, message me and I will explain in detail.So when you go to the PMDG support area on their website, and Ryan has that DLL troubleshooting guide, and then gives you ways to fix it......and at the end he says, (and I'm paraphrasing) "99% of the time this will fix it".....hes' right.......I just happened on the other 1% of the time that it didn't help, and had to figure it out on my own. Because he's referring to the "legal" download of a third party add on. So here is the only advice that I think will suit this situation and this topic.First and foremost.....do NOT steal from a torrent site, it will bite you hard.And DEFINITELY do not attempt to steal a PMDG aircraft.......trust me.......their software engineers are smarter than you, and the plane will NOT work at all the way you want it to.I am going to assume that everyone in this thread has paid for their PMDG product. But it does seem very odd that the few people that have had the DLL issue, have only ONE post on their membership and have not been back since.....HMMMMM. And to be clear....I am only talking about the ones that have 1 post to their name. Martin, Dan, Sean, and Andrew.............This is not directed at you.......as you are probably aware. And to the Avsim moderators and PMDG staff that might read this. I am in NO WAY trying to upset any of you, this was a mistake that my kid brother made on my computer, and serves as a warning to anyone reading this, as to what they can most likely expect.