Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG MD-11 Advanced Tutorial 1 released

Is it possible to fly this tutorial with the repaint of American ???And also thanks for this tutorialSebastiaan
I have edited the MD11 Advanced Tutorial FSDT.FLT as below:[sim.0]// Sim=PMDG MD-11 GE CF6-80C2D1F EnginesSim=PMDG MD-11 American AirlinesI'm using Addon American Airlines and FSDream KORD.Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Thanks Dan and others who repliedSomething else was wrong also in my FSD KORD installation, as I was seeing two lots of runway markings - the default FSX and the new FSD maakings.I reinstalled the addon and also used Dan's new file.All is now well :( Thanks

I have edited the MD11 Advanced Tutorial FSDT.FLT as below:[sim.0]// Sim=PMDG MD-11 GE CF6-80C2D1F EnginesSim=PMDG MD-11 American AirlinesI'm using Addon American Airlines and FSDream KORD.Kan-ichiro Fushihara
Konishiwa Kan-IchiroI've found the Advanced tutorial FSDT.flt, but I have a question. Am I supposed to change anything within that file, or do I add those items to it? And if so, do I just add it to the bottom, or any specific place? And....if I don't buy the FS Dream team add-on scenery, can I just add that info to the "default.flt" file?As a side note....how is the FSDT add-on scenery? I was thinking of buying it for KORD and KJFK, but I want to hear some opinions first. I use FSX.Many thanks,

The dream team scenery is my favorite. I have all their US locations.

Dan Downs KCRP

I got a problem with the weather. After loading the tuttorial and connect the ground elec the TAT is 5 Celsius and within a couple of minutesit's increasing to 32 Celsius.I tried to reinstall the FSDT.wx file but it won't work.Edward

I got a problem with the weather. After loading the tuttorial and connect the ground elec the TAT is 5 Celsius and within a couple of minutesit's increasing to 32 Celsius.I tried to reinstall the FSDT.wx file but it won't work.Edward
Hi Edward,Did you change aircraft after loading the tutorial? I have this problem, but only if I load the tutorial and then change aircraft (Not sure why). I haven't seen any changes if I use the default though. For the record I am not using the FSDT and using default since I of course do not have the FSDT addon for KORD.Also, are you using addon weather engines? ASA, REX, etc...?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi,I didn't change the aircraft. I use ASA but for this tuttorial I don't start it. The only thing I do is starting the tuttorial with " Load" in FSX.Edward

As a side note....how is the FSDT add-on scenery? I was thinking of buying it for KORD and KJFK, but I want to hear some opinions first. I use FSX.
Both are great I think. FSDT improved a lot since the beginning. While their LSZH scenery is unusable due to too narrow taxiways and a major autogen bug which they refuse to fix, KORD and especially KJFK are great sceneries. KORD is a little bit "life-less" in some areas though, but KJFK really is amazing. You need the latter to get the approach lighting for the visual approach into 13L/R. Unfortunately they made those lights to be on with runway lighting only. However it is needed during daytime too to be allowed to fly the visuals. Too bad they don't care about this, a forum post about this remains unanswered... FlyTampa managed to have the lead-in lights always on at Kai Tak...
I didn't change the aircraft. I use ASA but for this tuttorial I don't start it. The only thing I do is starting the tuttorial with " Load" in FSX.
Edward,unfortunately I have no idea why your temperature keeps changing. Works fine on my end even after aircraft change. SOMETHING must be setting new weather...Markus

Markus Burkhard

Hi,I've found the reason for the wrong temps, I had checked the option "Allow changes to FS own weather" in FSUIPC. After I had unchecked it and the temps are normal now, ie 5 Celsius at KORD.And yes, thanks for this tuttorial.Edward

Hi,I've found the reason for the wrong temps, I had checked the option "Allow changes to FS own weather" in FSUIPC. After I had unchecked it and the temps are normal now, ie 5 Celsius at KORD.And yes, thanks for this tuttorial.Edward
Nice, for me the aircraft change must have been a co-oinkydink,,, I have run it a few times with no problem, but just now had to access the menu and came back to 32 degrees. Weird, I have weather dynamic changes set to 0 in fsx (forget the actual name but am in flight), so fsuipc setting shouldn't matter, but will check it out. Again, this is only twice out of about 12 times so it may just be one of fsx's strange anomalies.As someone else has said, it's great to have this tutorial, I'm finding out things I wouldn't have for a long time otherwise. It really shows off the attention to detail the team did in developing this sweeet addon.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Konishiwa Kan-IchiroI've found the Advanced tutorial FSDT.flt, but I have a question. Am I supposed to change anything within that file, or do I add those items to it? And if so, do I just add it to the bottom, or any specific place? And....if I don't buy the FS Dream team add-on scenery, can I just add that info to the "default.flt" file?As a side note....how is the FSDT add-on scenery? I was thinking of buying it for KORD and KJFK, but I want to hear some opinions first. I use FSX.Many thanks,
Hello,The situation of the default KORD is messy, so I installed FSDrem KORD which jetway has been animated.'This product includes a "Trial" option: after the download and the installation, before the purchase, the scenery will work on your PC for about 5 minutes.'I think my method for the American Airlines is the best because the aircraft change after original situation of the House Livery changes the panel state, too.Although I have flown 1st Tutorial many times, I haven't flown 2nd Tutorial yet.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

What a tremendous piece of work this is. A bit advanced for me at this point (which was exactly the point!). Thanks very much.

Guest MikeKear

Thank you everyone for this tutorial. I have read it and hopefully I'll get a chance to fly it over the next few days. I am impressed with how much detail is involved. I have written technical documents before and I know just how much work is involved. It's not like writing a 46 page prose story. There is a LOT of checking and re-checking involved. Making sure there are no differences between FS9 and FSX versions to account for in the tutorial etc. It's a LOT of work. And i'm also impressed that it isn't just "click this, switch that, turn this off, turn that on". A tutorial needs to give a lot of the reasons for a selection. It's no good just knowing that you have to switch something on, you also need to know why, so that when you get a different set of circumstances, you know what to do then. This tutorial has that material in large quantities. There is obviously a lot of in-depth knowledge of the real aircraft involved.It's a major effort and was well worth the wait. Thanks to everyone who put it together.

I FINALLY got a chance to try out the tutorial yesterday. I didn't complete the flight (I fell asleep....lol) but I do have a few questions on some items. On page 7, it says to turn on the battery and, if the ground power is not connected, have the ground crew connect it. However, the MCDU is remaining unpowered. I could turn the EMER PWR switch to "armed", but the caption below the picture on page 7 indicates that "emergency power does not get armed at this stage.....". What's the deal here?On page 13, it says to turn on the APU. I usually try and keep the plane on both external power and external air until right before I'm ready to close the doors. Unless the airport doesnt have external power, would there be a reason for using the APU so early?Also on page 13....I cannot seem to change the 1st digit (hundred's) for the pax count. I can only change the middle digit. What am I doing wrong?Appreciate anyone's help(by the way....I have FSX)