Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

To Realair Simulations

I don't wish to sound like I'm 'bashing' any of the others BUT... If Rob and his team can produce sounds like this, why haven't at least the other 'top end' addon developers?Maybe i'm out of line with that, and developers are still working out how to push the boundaries of FSX?
I certainly don't wish to ruin the mood in the thread...There are plenty of other companies that have produced great sounds for their planes. A2A, PMDG, Vertigo Studios, Lotussim, and Flight1 are just a handful of companies that have addons with superb soundsets (there are others too). I couldn't go as far as saying it is better than the A2A Accusimmed Spitfire. They are two completely different subjects and addons. Both are top quality. We are lucky to be able to have such great addons available to us.I think Realair's greatest improvement with the Duke Turbine is the textures. They are a lot better than those of the original Duke. I've always thought Realair's textures were lacking compared to the rest of the aspects of their products. They have made great strides with this plane texture-wise. I cannot wait to see what other improvements they implement on their next project. :( It is great to have a small/medium-sized turboprop plane finally. Now we just need a B1900 or King Air to fill the remaining gap and we'll be set!I've not been able to choose what I want to fly for quite a while now. There are so many incredible airplanes for FSX. :Big Grin:For better or worse, my trustworthy Lancair is going to see a lot less use nowadays... :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

33 years in command, 15 years simming, for the first time both universes have met with this awesome product.Thanks guys for an impressive and great experience flying your Turbine Duke.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

After the original Duke, I knew this one would be a winner. You should have seen the grin on my face when I started it up correctly for the first time. It sounds incredible, looks great, and flys like caged lightning. It may not be news that RealAir has created another masterpiece, but I sure do appreciate it. Now and again I get a new plane and find myself daydreaming about flying it when I'm not at my FS computer. This is one of those days.Thanks, Rob and Sean. You guys are the best.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

It is refreshing to see and read such positive responses. Most of the time this hobby is so negative, but this is a breath of freshness!

I have been in touch with the team that builds the real Royal Turbine in Spokane and they were very impressed with what they saw in the sim. Nice job RealAir. I know I'm having a blast with it.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

It is refreshing to see and read such positive responses. Most of the time this hobby is so negative, but this is a breath of freshness!
Jim,Your beloved ASE is also a master piece on it's on category!

To Rob, Sean and the Realair Team;Just have to say thanks for all of your hard work on the Duke Turbine. What a joy to fly. Looking forward to spending many hours at the controls (I'm sure not what my wife wants to hear)but a big heartfelt thanks for this materpiece! This ac takes flight simming to a whole new level. Keep up the awesome work!Chris

I certainly don't wish to ruin the mood in the thread...There are plenty of other companies that have produced great sounds for their planes. A2A, PMDG, Vertigo Studios, Lotussim, and Flight1 are just a handful of companies that have addons with superb soundsets (there are others too). I couldn't go as far as saying it is better than the A2A Accusimmed Spitfire. They are two completely different subjects and addons. Both are top quality. We are lucky to be able to have such great addons available to us.
Like I said, I really, REALLY don't mean anything against the other great addons and yes indeed, you're quite right, some are great!I have almost all the A2A Accusim stuff (and PMDG.....) and it's magical. I just think this Turbine Duke has not only raised the bar... I think they tossed into the next field!I have a half decent surround sound system on my PC. I'm also a payware developers best friend - I have many, many addons, and continue to purchase as the output for FSX keeps increasing.Yet, nothing else I have comes close (yet?)to the incredible immersion I'm getting from these new Duke sounds.Rock on Realair!(Oh by the way Rob.... Can i have some RA shares now mate :( )

After the original Duke, I knew this one would be a winner. You should have seen the grin on my face when I started it up correctly for the first time. It sounds incredible, looks great, and flys like caged lightning. It may not be news that RealAir has created another masterpiece, but I sure do appreciate it. Now and again I get a new plane and find myself daydreaming about flying it when I'm not at my FS computer. This is one of those days.Thanks, Rob and Sean. You guys are the best.
So Bill....does that mean there might be a Jaguar version? Huh?Kind regards,

So Bill....does that mean there might be a Jaguar version? Huh?Kind regards,
If ever there was a sprinter that deserved the Jag treatment, it's this one. I'm not sure what the status of the paint kit is though, and I'm a little short on time. I've got a bachelor weekend coming up - who knows? :(

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

If ever there was a sprinter that deserved the Jag treatment, it's this one. I'm not sure what the status of the paint kit is though, and I'm a little short on time. I've got a bachelor weekend coming up - who knows? :(
Yeah... I'd like to see a Jag version, and your just the guy to do it Bill!

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I love this plane so much. Thanks Guys.
Thanks so much for your kind comments everyone, definitely makes the long hours worthwhile.I'll get to work on a paintkit over the coming weeks, it shouldn't take too long. We have a few other loose ends we need to tie up first. I'd love to see a jaguar repaint from you Bill.Sean.

I would also like to extend my thanks and gratitude to the whole team at RealAir. You all have gone above and beyond with the Turbine Duke and In my opinion have set a new standard in the General Aviation segment for Flight Simulator. :(

Nick Preston

Yesterday evening, after a month absence from FSX, I flew my virtual classic piston Duke from the Seattle area to Spokane, WA (KSFF), to have it converted to the turbine version.I landed, parked it in front of the http://www.royalturbine.com/ virtual hangar, watched some replay of my last landing with the classic Duke, shut down FSX and bought the Turbine upgrade.It was too late to test it out, but man, tonight when I get home ... after reading all those massively positive comments here .... can't wait to fly out of Spokane "turbine-style" :-)

Mathieu Souphy

I think Realair's greatest improvement with the Duke Turbine is the textures. They are a lot better than those of the original Duke. I've always thought Realair's textures were lacking compared to the rest of the aspects of their products. They have made great strides with this plane texture-wise. I cannot wait to see what other improvements they implement on their next project
I think the Standard Beechcraft Duke B60 textures are superb everywhere (3D external model, internal views of wings and engines, cockpit panel and instruments, cabin detail.....everything is outstanding). If the Turbine Duke textures are even better, then they must have been hand crafted by God.I am still debating whether to purchase the Turbine Duke. I tend to fly my planes very low and slow, with a fixed trim setting, and flaps down. Don't ask me why. I just like to keep things simple, and the low speeds allow me to enjoy the highly detailed scenery (Horizon GenX2 UK photo scenery, Treescapes UK custom autogen, and UK2000 VFR Airfields + Xtreme airports) at leisure. I am just not sure if the relatively slow spool up times (and apparently excessive power to weight ratio) of the PT6 engines would sit comfortably with my style of flying....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png