Hi guys,Thanks to Corey Meeks' hard work we now have a smart method to compare how well any given hardware can perform with a vanilla FSX installation.This final project is the result of a great discussion between few enthousiast guys here in the hardware forum.A warm thanks to you guys. <_< .If someone plans to use this tool on other forums, please be kind enough to give this bunch of nice guys the credit they deserve and provide a direct link to this thread.Kind regards,David ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Here is Corey's presentation of his work:And here it is - the new FSXMark11 with updated guide! Download it from here:https://dl.dropbox.c...Mark11.zip?dl=1.Results can be seen https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApeEiOXGIvXidG9rNUdkSi13a09fb0JPQU5CektEelE#gid=0 Once again, you will want to replace all existing FSXMark11 files. Your reports should be a simple image like below. Attach it, host it from Picasaweb, whatever you want - but this is all it needs to be:FSXMark11%20Report.jpgFinally, some sort of promo video showing the benchmark in action. I thought about using elevator music... but then chose something with a little more taste.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Downloaded. Looks good, but do I really need to re-load and re-install FSX? That would take 24 hurs for me and I just did it 3 weeks ago?Simon

Simon

Downloaded. Looks good, but do I really need to re-load and re-install FSX? That would take 24 hurs for me and I just did it 3 weeks ago?Simon
Hi Simon,All tests must be conducted after completely new FSX installs, exactly 100% as laid out in the official test parameters, without any type of variation whatsoever. Please do not post any test results that are not acquired accordingly. Hopefully all other test results that are posted using variations of any kind will be deleted from this thread by the moderators in order to avoid confusion. We don't want to appear harsh, but all of us must preserve the integrity of the test at all costs in order for it to remain meaningful.Kind regards,

OT, ok, but that band sounds really good Corey :biggrin:. I googled it . Loch Lomond right? I'm listening to some of their stuff now in MySpaceAs for the benchmark, I will try to run it again this weekend on a new vanilla FSX install

Yeah, Loch Lomond. I found out about them via

video - it's great stuff.Word Not Allowed and I have been talking about doing something similar to what he's talking about above so you don't have to ditch your tweaked FSX install. I think it's perfectly fine so long as you can be sure NOTHING is left behind that might skew your results. I'm not going to put it in the guide, as I'm afraid the guide is already plenty long-winded as it is, but this is my endorsement here so long as you know what you are doing. I would still recommend a fresh install, however, unless you really do have a ton of tweaks, addons, and other stuff. I don't have too much, so it doesn't really take me long to get back up and running.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Oh, and David, one can't post to the other topic, it's locked?
Hi Word Not Allowed,Yes, to avoid confusion and continue the discussion here but if you want the old thread to stay alive please tell me.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Got a chance to run these on a flight sim company's Jetline 980X yesterday:Hardware Configuration:CPU: Intel i7-980X@3.99 Ghz HT OffRAM: 3x2GB 1600 (CL7)GPU: EVGA 470 StandardHDD: SDDFSXMark11 Results:Test Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg 2 11581, 300000, 23, 54, 38.603 3 11598, 300000, 24, 55, 39.452 4 11576, 300000, 21, 52, 37.285

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Hardware Configuration:CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 5.2 GHz HT-OffRAM: 2x2GB 2133 MHz (9-10-9-24-2T)GPU: EVGA GTX 580 1536 MBHDD: WD Velociraptor x2 - RAID 0 (128KB) 1.09TB, Fast Trak TX 2300FSXMark11 Results:Test Frames Time(ms) Min Max Avg2 15101 300000 29.0 66.0 50.33 14906 300000 30.0 65.0 49.74 14846 300000 31.0 67.0 49.5AVG 14951 300000 30.0 67.0 49.8

Hi Word Not Allowed,Yes, to avoid confusion and continue the discussion here but if you want the old thread to stay alive please tell me.
David, that won't be necessary. Please add this link as a result datebase to the main post: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuiXjW8fJyDrdC1KZm5fSlJYdnJBaXRRclFuU0U3WUE&hl=en&authkey=CMSSocoI#gid=0Also, here's an explanation which I would like you to add to the first post, for users who would like to keep their FSX.ALTERNATIVE way to a complete reinstall of the whole FSX+Addons scenario:1) Enable in Folder Options "Show hidden files and folders"2) Locate 3 FSX folders: 1. main FSX folder, 2. where fsx.cfg is located (usually C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX) and 3. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX3) Rename all 3 folders to anything you like (I usually take FSX2)4) Rename your "Flight Simulator X Files" folder in My Documents5) Insert your FSX DVD and let it repair the installation6) RUN FSX, then close it and reboot (it will complain about the missing Addon Scenery folder, doesn't matter though, just click OK...)7) Install SP1, reboot, RUN FSX8) Run SP2 installation - it will complain to remove the SP2 - do it, then run SP1 again, and then re-run SP2 install and install it!9) On with FSXMark11 installation and tests...Now that you've reported your results in the thread:1) Delete ALL newly installed folders (all 4, FSX 3x and the one in My Documents)2) Rename old folders back to their original namesReboot, have fun with your old FSX. I hope this helps at least some users!DISCLAIMER: I don't take any reponsibility for any damaged installations, I've done this procedure numerous times and nothing got damaged. Everything was always working. If anything goes wrong, you can still completely uninstall everything.

David, that won't be necessary. Please add this link as a result datebase to the main post: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuiXjW8fJyDrdC1KZm5fSlJYdnJBaXRRclFuU0U3WUE&hl=en&authkey=CMSSocoI#gid=0Also, here's an explanation which I would like you to add to the first post, for users who would like to keep their FSX.ALTERNATIVE way to a complete reinstall of the whole FSX+Addons scenario:1) Enable in Folder Options "Show hidden files and folders"2) Locate 3 FSX folders: 1. main FSX folder, 2. where fsx.cfg is located (usually C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX) and 3. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX3) Rename all 3 folders to anything you like (I usually take FSX2)4) Rename your "Flight Simulator X Files" folder in My Documents5) Insert your FSX DVD and let it repair the installation6) RUN FSX, then close it and reboot (it will complain about the missing Addon Scenery folder, doesn't matter though, just click OK...)7) Install SP1, reboot, RUN FSX8) Run SP2 installation - it will complain to remove the SP2 - do it, then run SP1 again, and then re-run SP2 install and install it!9) On with FSXMark11 installation and tests...Now that you've reported your results in the thread:1) Delete ALL newly installed folders (all 4, FSX 3x and the one in My Documents)2) Rename old folders back to their original namesReboot, have fun with your old FSX. I hope this helps at least some users!DISCLAIMER: I don't take any reponsibility for any damaged installations, I've done this procedure numerous times and nothing got damaged. Everything was always working. If anything goes wrong, you can still completely uninstall everything.
Hi Word Not Allowed, thanks for showing the way to do that. However, I am not so sure this information should be included in any instructions or top post in the thread. As good as it might be for some of us geeks, except for the absence of information as regards to Acceleration installation, it makes what should be a simple thing overwhelmingly complicated, detailed and a hassle to most users. It is already complicated enough with contradictory posting instructions (pointing to last thread etc.). KISS is better.Corey, shouldn't the use of FSX Acceleration or FSX Gold edition in lieu of sp1 and sp2 be mentioned in the opening instructions? Their use is at least as broad as the earlier versions. That is all I ever use in my reloads and will do so again when I retest in the fresh FSX build this week. It will yield the same results either way. I remember reading that an installation should include either the service packs, or Acceleration, but not both. Perhaps we need to make a few final adjustments in our presentation before it gets too much farther along.Kind regards,

Stephen, I'll integrate Acceleration into the guide this afternoon

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Stephen, I'll integrate Acceleration into the guide this afternoon
Thank you most kindly sir! :Nerd:

Hi Word Not Allowed, thanks for showing the way to do that. However, I am not so sure this information should be included in any instructions or top post in the thread. As good as it might be for some of us geeks, except for the absence of information as regards to Acceleration installation, it makes what should be a simple thing overwhelmingly complicated, detailed and a hassle to most users. It is already complicated enough with contradictory posting instructions (pointing to last thread etc.). KISS is better.Corey, shouldn't the use of FSX Acceleration or FSX Gold edition in lieu of sp1 and sp2 be mentioned in the opening instructions? Their use is at least as broad as the earlier versions. That is all I ever use in my reloads and will do so again when I retest in the fresh FSX build this week. It will yield the same results either way. I remember reading that an installation should include either the service packs, or Acceleration, but not both. Perhaps we need to make a few final adjustments in our presentation before it gets too much farther along.Kind regards,
Alright, I hope you are right.I've given the option. If anyone wants to do it, they now have a way. It works 100% and its WAY less fuss than uninstalling everything... but, to each his own.Apparently, no need for spreadsheet also - since nobody said anything about that. I am guessing you are better off without it...

Alright, I hope you are right.I've given the option. If anyone wants to do it, they now have a way. It works 100% and its WAY less fuss than uninstalling everything... but, to each his own.Apparently, no need for spreadsheet also - since nobody said anything about that. I am guessing you are better off without it...
Hi Word Not Allowed,Thanks for that and doing the spreadsheet too. It is a great idea to compare the results the way you have and kind of you to keep updating it. Much appreciated!Kind regards,

Hi David,What's the difference between the FSMark07 and the FSMark11 test?Best RegardsWerner