I'm at work at the moment, but I remember that the only changes I made after the fresh 11.4 install were to overclock to 895MHz and memory clock to 1400MHz on both GPUs. Didn't change anything else in CCC. My full coverage water block arrives on Friday and I will overclock it a bit more to see what happens.

Didn't change anything else in CCC.
Yes, but what were they please, when you get a chance? If they were defaults, e.g., I don't know that the defaults while running your 6990 are the same as for my new 6850. Likely not.

Fair enough, I wasn't attacking sorry if it seemed that way. I agree that you are getting great performance for the equipment you have, and was just offering suggestions though now that I look back at my post can see that it was a bit abrasive. Tell me more about that anti aliasing mode, I'm not sure what that is.
Well, that's part of the fun in the forums, many of us are "a really excited user" about our rigs. I always say I shop price, but I am not about to tabulate just how much I have spent, even selling my "used stuff" on Ebay. I have a basic $200 rule that I started back in 1996. No more than $200 for a CPU, or a MB, or a set of RAM or a videocard. Then I bought the F1 Mustang and I fell into a real addiction. I had to get that bird flying smoothly! I pushed the RAM issue when I bought the second 4GB and then went crazy on the GTX 580. So, I suppose that I have to admit to being a little defensive because I paid $500 for a videocard! :Shocked: Yeah, I sold the GTX 285 that I bought used, (from a game tester for $200), for the same $200, but...OUCH! Anyway, I like my rig and I am sure that you like your rig. Here is the thread for the AA setting, some people have gone back to 8X (S or Q) because of stuttering issues but it's working great on my GTX 580 http://forum.avsim.net/topic/330328-an-aa-mode-thats-worth-a-try/ and I ran one last test with the WHQL drivers from Nvidia and a mild OC on the videocard after being reassured by EVGA support that it won't hurt anything...I'm going to call this 38FPS to soothe my conscience. $500 for a videocard...but I like it! :smile: Kdub

Cool thread here. And table :DOne thing i dont get:There is one result by FunkyNasty with his i5 at default settings, so 3,3 GHz. And then we have vdubbin with his i7 who said he had a fresh system, non tweaked, so should be 3,4 GHz, but we can see 3,8 GHz what is the maximum turbo. The i5 has a maximum turbo of 3,7 GHz. So was the Turbo setting of when FunkyNasty tested the i5 on default, or is it just misreported?The there is one thing that should be removed from the table, the GPU cores. It has no impact on the endresult, it is just a fact of the hardware and cant be changed/tuned, atleast rename it to "Stream Processors" what is more exact.One last thing, im planning to by a SB CPU. After this thread im tending to buy a i5 2500k and not the i7 2600 (no k cause this one is over the budget that i planed). Why, cause i could oc the i5 2500k and i dont think that the HT of the i7 2600 is not a big impromvent depending on the extra 50€ that must pay compared to the i5. So good decision or not?PS: Before i rebuild the system, i will also report a result of my current (Q6600 @ 3 GHz, GTX 460)

Ok, got my watercooling installed. Tried out 5.1GHz, still with HT on. I want to try it with HT off and get to 5.2GHz for next test. Also going to try to disable some background programs. Friday my water block for the video card arrives so I will be able to OC that as well to see if it improves anything. Also, for CCC settings, I just clicked "defaults" and went with it.

One thing i dont get:There is one result by FunkyNasty with his i5 at default settings, so 3,3 GHz. )
Hi kleineMax,My 3.3 bench is valid -as per the benchmark specs. However, it's not a default I5 2500 configuration as I did disable the the cpu's turbo function. I posted the 3.3GHz score for reference purposes only.

To kaydub- The default settings in CCC under ...Gaming...3D Application Settings... (AA, AF, etc.) are maxed for fps, not image quality; I also get a great average in FSXMark11 even with my 6850 with those settings. Setting them where I want them for image quality costs 10fps. I wanted to post my official results here with my new CPU/GPU aligned with RyanF, as I think that would be interesting, but I have no way of knowing what his defaults actually are. If I report what I get with the default settings I'm afraid noone will believe it.

Hi kleineMax,My 3.3 bench is valid -as per the benchmark specs. However, it's not a default I5 2500 configuration as I did disable the the cpu's turbo function. I posted the 3.3GHz score for reference purposes only.
So then i could expect better result with this setting enable.

Ok, got my watercooling installed. Tried out 5.1GHz, still with HT on. I want to try it with HT off and get to 5.2GHz for next test. Also going to try to disable some background programs. Friday my water block for the video card arrives so I will be able to OC that as well to see if it improves anything. Also, for CCC settings, I just clicked "defaults" and went with it.
Ryan, it's interesting that overclocking from 4.6 to 5.1 didn't help your minimum FPS. Your second test run looks out of whack where minimum FPS is concerned, but everything else looks normal?

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

yeah and its funny, i saw a slight twitch in the middle of that second test. just one, but i saw it. also, tried 5.2GHz earlier this morning, and max frames went up again but mins stayed same. I wanna figure out this min frame rate issue....

Put your seatbelt on -absolutly.
That was more like a statment not a question ;)Again thanks for this thread and the results. Made the decision much easier and i will go for some midnight-shoping at mindfactory:MB: Asus P8P67 P67 Sockel 1155 ATX Rev3RAM: 2x2048MB G.Skill DDR3-1600 CL8 KitCPU: i5 2500k

That was more like a statment not a question ;)Again thanks for this thread and the results. Made the decision much easier and i will go for some midnight-shoping at mindfactory:MB: Asus P8P67 P67 Sockel 1155 ATX Rev3RAM: 2x2048MB G.Skill DDR3-1600 CL8 KitCPU: i5 2500k
fine choice, you should be able to see great frames from that setup!

Yeah, sorry 'bout the 2nd part of my post ...had some issues this mornin.