Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Ifly 737 NG FSX vs PMDG 737 NGX

Hello,I am looking for a very high quality 737 NG simulation for FSX. I have been waiting for the PMDG 737NGX for quite a while, but now I am considering the cheaper Ifly 737NG for FSX. I would like to know anyone's opinion on the Ifly model. I would also like to know what anyone thinks of the Virtavia C-17. It looks very nice, and I am quite interested in the C-17. Any opinion on the quality of these aircraft would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thumbs up on the thread title. :( (no offence intended, Kevin)

I would like to know anyone's opinion on the Ifly model.
Got some links for ya. http://forum.avsim.n.../page__hl__iflyhttp://forum.avsim.n.../page__hl__iflyhttp://forum.avsim.n.../page__hl__iflyhttp://forum.avsim.n.../page__hl__iflyhttp://forum.avsim.n.../page__hl__ifly
I would also like to know what anyone thinks of the Virtavia C-17
http://forum.avsim.n...e__hl__virtaviahttp://forum.avsim.n...5__hl__virtaviaAs you see, the questions may already have come up here and there, but never too far away. :smile:Tons of different and current opinions available so far. It's up to the reader to decide since it's hard to summarize.And regarding the PMDG NGX question, I assume that it will trigger .. well, you may see (especially in conjunction with the thread title).Only fact so far. It isn't there yet.

First up, we don't actually know that the iFly one will turn out to be cheaper than the PMDG, since PMDG haven't published their pricing yet, however, it probably is safe to assume that. What we do know, is that we only know half the story because of only one being available for sale at the moment, so a lot of replies you get are going to be somewhat speculative, including this one. With that caveat out of the way, here goes...The iFly 737 NG is very good, it represents excellent value for money in offering almost the entire range of 737 NG passenger and BBJ variants, and their differences in avionics fits and performance are well simulated, with only the Rockwell HGS being depicted as non-collimated, but the level of systems simulation is high and very detailed, certainly high enough to please any flight simmer into hard core realism. Performance in terms of stability and FPS on a reasonably good PC is good. In short, you are unlikely to be disappointed with it.The PMDG 737 NG, like most PMDG products, is set to push the boundaries of what we can expect in regards to simulation, with all that the iFly offers in terms of realism, plus a lot more too when it comes to extreme realism and attention to detail, perhaps best summed up in the fact that its HGS will be collimated. It is looking likely that you won't get all the NGs and BBJs in one PMDG package though, with the split in regard to models possibly being similar in fashion to PMDG's FS9 NG, but given that more detail is on offer, this would be understandable should it turn out to be the case.So the difference in the two could probably be summed up by saying that if you are the kind of flight simmer who has all the books and manuals you can get your hands on for a real 737 NG, you would probably find that the PMDG would be more faithful to the real deal when it comes to the minutia of detail, whereas you would find the iFly one would be good enough in most respects. If that kind of difference bothers you, then awaiting the PMDG version would be the way to go, whereas if you are itching to throw an NG around the sky today, the iFly awaits and offers both fun and realism.Anything anyone says beyond this will be into the realm of wild speculation until we can actually get our hands on the PMDG NG, and even some of the above is pure speculation.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

One thing to add about the iFly 737. It's offered by Flight 1, and has a 30 day money back guarantee. If it's not what you're looking for, you can get a refund. Nothing to lose really.

NAX669.png

Al makes very good points on both sides, but I think failed to make one important point (no offense Al). Because the iFly is sold by Flight1, you are entitled to a 30 day no questions asked refund. So, if you find that the iFly NG isn't what you're looking for or the performance on your system isn't up to your standards, you can always return it forthe full purchase price. PMDG, and like Al, only using speculation here, will most likely not provide a refund option when the NGX is released. This however isn't really a bad thing considering there is not one PMDG product that I have purchased that I've wanted to return.With the refund policy of Flight1, you really have nothing to lose when it comes to trying out the iFly.

That is true, you can get a refund on the iFly, but I think most people know that, in any case, for 50-ish bucks, anyone who wants a refund on an entire range of airliners and private jets simulated to that level needs to put the crack pipe down :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

That is true, you can get a refund on the iFly, but I think most people know that, in any case, for 50-ish bucks, anyone who wants a refund on an entire range of airliners and private jets simulated to that level needs to put the crack pipe down :(
Depends on your point of view, if you are not going to fly it then going for the refund is a no brainer. Fantastic that you get the opportunity to do that though, hope that PMDG do it (although I very much doubt they will....G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Now, i'm thinking that I'll wait for the PMDG 737NGX, but I'm currently thinking of one thing- less visual detail (Ifly) for presumably around 30-40 dollars less, or more detail at a higher price? Anyway, thank-you all for your replies.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest acezboy561

PMDG have said their pricing will be competitve, so that sounds around $50. As Al said, all speculation!

PMDG have said their pricing will be competitve, so that sounds around $50. As Al said, all speculation!
I would be shocked if the price came in around $50. This aircraft has been in development for four years. My guess is, it will be less than $100.00 but significantly more than $50. Most likely in the area of the MD-11.

NAX669.png

I would be shocked if the price came in around $50. This aircraft has been in development for four years. My guess is, it will be less than $100.00 but significantly more than $50. Most likely in the area of the MD-11.
That's my guess as well. Take a look at the MD-11 and I think you'll see a pretty close price point.

- Aaron

I can tell you this much, I just purchased the I fly 737 NG for FSX, and it is the only thing I have flown in a week. I love it. I dont mind the fact that PMDG is releasing one, I might get it too!! It is a great package.

I have heard great things about the IFLY one, especially what you get for the price. Anyway, the PMDG one is just taking a while, so most likely wont be out till the end of the year..Not to worry :-)

First - There is no PMDG 737 at this time so any comparison with a non-existent product would be moot.I own the iFLY 737 consider myself a hard-core simmer. I can tell you that it is on par with the LDS 757 or PMDG 747 (both of which I also own). It is a superb aircraft and has become my favorite. iFLY has also set the bar for what should be expected for a certain price. They offer an veru accurate cockpit ith 90+% of the systems functional. Included in that is every variant + VERY accurate soundsets (probably the best 737NG sound I've heard to date.) It's simply a must have aircraft.