Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Ifly 737 NG FSX vs PMDG 737 NGX

Initial reports from PMDG is that the 737 NGX performs at least as well as the MD-11, which on my system outperforms the FSX iFly 737 , so I think it is likely that the PMDG NGX will perform better than the iFly.
What does "Out Perform" mean?

What does "Out Perform" mean?
It means it will run better (from a frame rate and smoothness perspective).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It means it will run better (from a frame rate and smoothness perspective).
I get 30 plus.

I paid $15 for my iFly FSX upgrade and am quite happy with it. Not about to drop $80 on the same plane even if it is slightly higher fidelity.

- Aaron

Fellas, This has the potential to spiral out of control into a major pi##ing contest. Some will like one,some will like the other, and some will like both. Everyone votes with their wallets.

NAX669.png

I paid $15 for my iFly FSX upgrade and am quite happy with it. Not about to drop $80 on the same plane even if it is slightly higher fidelity.
Thats a HUGE understatement!

Thats a HUGE understatement!
Maybe, but as I have not flown the plane I cannot, nor can you presumably unless you are a beta tester, quantify that with any experience. Again, just my opinion and others will have theirs.

- Aaron

Maybe, but as I have not flown the plane I cannot, nor can you presumably unless you are a beta tester, quantify that with any experience. Again, just my opinion and others will have theirs.
He is a tester.

It's pretty simple. People who want a really nice rendition of the NGX will go for the iFly version. People who want a ultra realistic version of the NGX will get the PMDG version. It's PMDG... 'nuff said.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Not sure what they could provide to justify two 737's? We shall see.
Why not - Count how many 757 and 747 are out there. let alone all the airbus. So why not a few more 737.

It's pretty simple. People who want a really nice rendition of the NGX will go for the iFly version. People who want a ultra realistic version of the NGX will get the PMDG version. It's PMDG... 'nuff said.
Tell you another truth. People who think that they want an ultra realistic version go PDMG, because the ones which are actually using some of the former renditions from that company miss some patches and fixes since the NGX is in development. Talking about years there, regarding the MD11 or J41.I can't feel that fidelity if the hold feature isn't modelled (and, from the support answer, never will) or if the thing forgets about FMC thrust settings at takeoff. Things happen, but leaving them unfixed for years? C'mon.This all wouldn't be a big problem of course, if we weren't talking about the company which doesn't get tired of self-praises and also more or less direct bashes of competitors (which are unacceptable in any given way).If you hype every flight sim newbie into one or two 'major' devs, you don't have to act surprised that the forums get filled with closed or deleted threads on a regular basis, because a constant teasing and 'we are so good' talk annoys them. Proof? Enjoy the PMDG ones and then switch to any other dev in the business to catch my drift.Now, If those 'testers' suddenly show up without their former banners and place such useful things like this one in the open forums, the waters for the oh so confident PMDG people seem to be rather high. I'd say that the simple word 'understatement' should be printed in large fonts and pinned to every desktop over there until the thing is out. They are using this word already, but in the wrong context.If you need that sort of advertisement to get your products out, the fidelity may still have some room for improvement, on the social and respect side.I for one am looking forward to the NGX release. The simple reason there is that I still need a proof for all that hype fidelity on the mentioned addons, awaiting their finish since years.Although my former plans included the buy of the NGX too, as a happy iFly user, I tend to leave that thing on the over-confident shelves and stay a happy 'nice rendition' user, which should fit to the needs of a large percentage of simmers out there.I don't buy addons to praise myself of being an 'oh so real' flying guy and constantly stating this in flight sim forums, I buy them because they are fun to use and to support. Over-confidence and bashing doesn't get supported by me, it never will, regardless of the product itself.

Ok.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |