Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Ifly 737 NG FSX vs PMDG 737 NGX

The nice thing about the PMDG will be that you can go from step one to parking at the gate anf know that you just did what we do in the real thing. Its something else gentlemen. You will love it.

It's pretty simple. People who want a really nice rendition of the NGX will go for the iFly version. People who want a ultra realistic version of the NGX will get the PMDG version. It's PMDG... 'nuff said.
Even if it weren't for the fact that the PMDG will be most realistic in terms of all the systems, I would probably still buy it over the other offering on the market just because I think that it looks cosmetically better in the VC, as well as having the collimated HGS and "Lotus style" landing lights and Nav lights that glow on the ground. Although at some point the other versions might get the collimated HGS in an update and/or the "Lotus style" lights as well. I'm really liking the way you can configure the NGX from the hidden FMC menu which will come in hand for those using UT2 and wont have to access the PMDG menus and reset their traffic.Either way though, whether people choose PMDG or iFly doens't make any difference to me, as consumers we will all buy the version that best suites our flying needs and cosmetic wants, just as people do when deciding between FS9 and FSX. Personally I will take the PMDG version since I have followed it from the start and read about the amount of details that have gone into it and compared the screen shots and videos of it against the compitition and am sold on it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

CoolIP - I agree with you 100%, there is a certain air of arrogance around the PMDG forums which i dont like, but i have been amazed by their J41 which i only recently got (yes some things need finishing on it). I LOVE the iFly and the way in which they conduct their business, so much so im going down to the Flight1 show at Shoreham Airfield (700 mile drive) to meet the guys who provide simply great unbiased advice and support on their forums, would i do the same for PMDG? Nah... dont like the way they run as a business. Would i do the same with ORBX? absolutely, they are another great developer with the rith ethos.

CoolIP - I agree with you 100%, there is a certain air of arrogance around the PMDG forums which i dont like, but i have been amazed by their J41 which i only recently got (yes some things need finishing on it). I LOVE the iFly and the way in which they conduct their business, so much so im going down to the Flight1 show at Shoreham Airfield (700 mile drive) to meet the guys who provide simply great unbiased advice and support on their forums, would i do the same for PMDG? Nah... dont like the way they run as a business. Would i do the same with ORBX? absolutely, they are another great developer with the rith ethos.
I own the ifly 737 and I like it a lot. Still I will go ahead and buy the pmdg 737 .No matter how much you dislike pmdg they are prob the best in what they do.I must admit that I don't particularly like the circus-like atmosphere on the pmdg forums (clowns with the brown nose and a really excited user with the violin).

Would i do the same with ORBX? absolutely, they are another great developer with the rith ethos.
Dont be fooled by all the butt kissing on the Orbx site, the Orbx guys have an ego as big or bigger than PMDG does, which is clear when they talk about competitors products as being "dumbed down". I wouldn't go as far as saying stuff by FlyTampa or FSDreamteam is "dumbed down".

Not seen the posts about dumbing down to be honest, just they seem to be honest and keep to promises and release dates.

Not seen the posts about dumbing down to be honest, just they seem to be honest and keep to promises and release dates.
I wouldn't call PMDG dishonest. As stated many times by them, they built it from the ground up and are trying to make it as realistic as possible for a desk top as sim and it took them longer than expected.I dont think comparing modeling and texturing an airport or placing autogen and landclass is as tough as building a technically correct 737NG from the ground up. Remember also that PMDG has Boeing behind them on this so they probably want to take the extra time and make sure its up to snuff before letting it loose.

Did i state anywhere in my post PMDG were dishonest?! It wasn't a dig at them at all mate.

Did i state anywhere in my post PMDG were dishonest?! It wasn't a dig at them at all mate.
No you didn't and my apologies for making it look like you did.I thought that when you said at least Orbx is honest you were essentially saying PMDG wasn't.

Especially in virtual cockpit Ifly 737ngx has some problems with fps. For example i can run pmdg md11 x version on my system with good fps but i can get 15-25 fps at vc of ifly ngx. Nevertheless ifly development team achieved good job with their ngx series as compared with some famous payware developers such as wilco team, aerosoft airbus team, or airsimmer team.. but.. pmdg is the best:)

Uygar

Best Regards

Looking at it from both sides of the coin, It's the consumer that hasn't been treating the developer very well. Watch a movie called Waiting, and when the one lady (who is at the table with about 3 of her friends) treats the waitress like garbage and demands this and demands that, well that kind of reminds me of how PMDG has been treated by many of the people in their forums. I feel bad for PMDG and what they had to put up with.

Looking at it from both sides of the coin, It's the consumer that hasn't been treating the developer very well. Watch a movie called Waiting, and when the one lady (who is at the table with about 3 of her friends) treats the waitress like garbage and demands this and demands that, well that kind of reminds me of how PMDG has been treated by many of the people in their forums. I feel bad for PMDG and what they had to put up with.
Ah, bless them. Maybe we should all send a card and donation?The waitress analogy is ludicrous. They're not face to face with the punters, carrying someone else's creation, and being forced to work for a pittance.They're more like creative artists or authors. They've laboured to produce a piece of work (possibly a masterpiece..)and laid it out before the audience. Hopefully enough people will enjoy the show, but the slings and arrows of criticism go with the territory. And anyway, it's up to them whether they want to read the reviews! :( Ian

You have to be kidding right?

Jay

Ah, bless them. Maybe we should all send a card and donation?The waitress analogy is ludicrous. They're not face to face with the punters, carrying someone else's creation, and being forced to work for a pittance.They're more like creative artists or authors. They've laboured to produce a piece of work (possibly a masterpiece..)and laid it out before the audience. Hopefully enough people will enjoy the show, but the slings and arrows of criticism go with the territory. And anyway, it's up to them whether they want to read the reviews! :( Ian
So what you are saying is that yoy are complaining because when you go to take a flight, you are complaining because it isnt a 787 you arent flying in? Boeing has published lotsof photos, details, etc about the 787 but I never hear about passengers complaining because they are not flying in a 787. Sure you get airlines complaing but then again, they have deposits on the plane , passengers dont. So why are all the flightsimmers complaining about PMDG?
You have to be kidding right?
Not one single bit of humor in my statement. Why do you ask?