Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lasnubes

Updating Simconnect

7 posts in this topic

Hi-I recently lost my FSsupport Laptop and decided to use my old FS computer instead. Bought another monitor and all went well until Simconnect. I do have it working but having some issues. So far ALL I HAVE INSTALLED is what comes on the GOLD version of FSX- on BOTH machines. If I update BOTH the FSServer and FSLaptop computer with the FSX SDK SP1A as found at http://www.microsoft...ang=en&id=10027 will I then have the latest and the SAME version on BOTH machines. Will this suffice BEFORE installing SDK SP2 as I cannot seem to find the link for SDK1? BTW where is the link for THAT? Arrrrrggggggggggggh!Any particularly important tips before I take the plunge. It was all working SO WELL before the laptop went belly up :sad:Ta!

Edited by lasnubes

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If I update BOTH the FSServer and FSLaptop computer with the FSX SDK SP1A as found at http://www.microsoft...ang=en&id=10027 will I then have the latest and the SAME version on BOTH machines
Probably not, as Windows policy is to not overwrite newer modules when updating.Cheers,- jahman.

Sorry- don't understand. I installed ONLY the stuff from the GOLD version DVD on BOTH machines. Aren't SP1A and SP2 newer than what I have already?

There is no FSX Gold version!FSX Gold is the marketing name given to a product bundle that contains:

1. FSX Deluxe
  2. FSX Acceleration.

And Acceleration is SP2 (plus some aircraft, turbo control and pylon racing).Cheers,- jahman.

Edited by jahman

The 3 version of SIMCONNECT for FSX are 60905, 61242 and 61259RTM : C:WINDOWSWinSxSx86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9 SP1: C:WINDOWSWinSxSx86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a SP2/ACCEL C:WINDOWSWinSxSx86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_x-ww_fb842f5a

So in essence if I installed from the "Gold" marketing version- I'm already updated? Will double-check the version # when I get home tonight......Ta!

Indeed (I believe) the "Gold" install gives the latest Simconnect version/ SDK.Thank-you!