Sign in to follow this  
systemutvecklaren

PMDG and X-Plane 10

Read somewhere you will start test-project for conversion of either the Js400 or NGX. (really hope for the NGX. =))Just want to wish you good luck and it is very nice to see this great company look at X-Plane.The NGX is the best addon i have ever seen in any simulator, but i like X-plane better than fsx. Maybe in future we will have both of the best world (in my opinion, no fsx vs x-plane thread please).For all us X-Plane users this is a dream come true!/Sys

I'm also looking forward to the NGX for XPlane 10. I think I will make the switch in around a year, when developers like Aerosoft, FSDT, Flight 1, etc, and of course PMDG have switched to XPlane 10. Still so many people seem to hate XPlane 10. I myself, didn't like it very much either in the beginning. But remember FSX in the beginning, and how much we hated it because of the low frame rates and all the problems it had? Look at it now, it's all fixed (by ourselves), and now FSX is really starting to stretch her legs. I'm looking forward to PMDG in XPlane 10, i think in a round a year, we have all switched over. Imagine, never having to suffer from low frames, stutters, CTD's, or other problems anymore. What XPlane 10 needs at the moment is some good updates for e.g. the user interface, so it will be easier to set up controls, etc. and for the viewing system, cuz it's terrible.

I'd like to see that DC-6 for XPX!

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

I'm looking forward to PMDG in XPlane 10, i think in a round a year, we have all switched over. Imagine, never having to suffer from low frames, stutters, CTD's, or other problems anymore. What XPlane 10 needs at the moment is some good updates for e.g. the user interface, so it will be easier to set up controls, etc. and for the viewing system, cuz it's terrible.
I doubt you will see a point where everyone switched over to xplane. Most using FSX will probably stick with FSX or have both. But FSX is not going away anytime soon. But thats a good thing as two platforms are good for this hobby and gives developers two streams of income. I will keep a close eye on Xplane as it does some things better ,but so far, Its not going to replace FSX for me anytime soon. That may change, if some good airport scenery comes out for it. Thats what its really missiing at this point.Robert FeddersenRob

I will make the switch in around a year, when developers like Aerosoft, FSDT, Flight 1, etc, and of course PMDG have switched to XPlane 10.I'm looking forward to PMDG in XPlane 10, i think in a round a year, we have all switched over.
Shore PMDG & all of us has switched to XP in a year......... :( :(

It will take time, but eventually we will all switch to XPX. Whether it takes 1 year, or 2 years, we don't know yet. That depends on PMDG. Problem is, FSX is a lot of fun, but it's getting older and older, and there will be a point, that FSX is not gonna work properly anymore on today's hardware and OS's. The only problems with XPX at the moment for me are:The user interface is not user-friendly at all.Controls are not easy to set up, and don't work like they should work.Viewing system is strange, I can't use the hatwtich on my yoke to look aroundThe game loads up very slow even with my SSDThe runway slopes look like downtown San Fransisco. :LMAO:Just needs some good updates.

The user interface is not user-friendly at all.Controls are not easy to set up, and don't work like they should work.Viewing system is strange, I can't use the hatwtich on my yoke to look aroundThe game loads up very slow even with my SSDThe runway slopes look like downtown San Fransisco. :LMAO:Just needs some good updates.
I would say that is like when your girlfriend went away and you are comparing other girls with your old one. Of course x-plane has different UI, has different everything!! because x-plane is not FSX... and don't pretend to.Well... FSX is great in graphics and addoms.. but PMDG think "ey... in 5 years how many users will have FSX if there is no more promotion for the young people to meet FSX? And maybe the future software and hardware can produce problems like windows7 produced in fs9?"FSX is great NOW.. but in 5 years? Today X-Plane changes everyday. Changes with new hardware and software. It is compatible with 3 Systems...... and it is alive for now. It is not FSX but it has more oportunities to be in 5 years alive than FSX and PMDG knows that.Prepar3d is a not final private user product.. and PMDG knows that.... unless something changes in future....So the future means PMDG maintain money entry... So if they don't move.. maybe in 5 years (10 years) PMDG is gone.. caput.. finito... Like other big companies died before PMDG.Meanwhile I fly both.. FSX and X-Plane.. and enjoy the plane of PMDG in FSX. Hope enjoy them in x-plane. For sure I preffer the NGX!! Not because the product itseft, but because the failure system it has. I believe PMDG should take the path that A2A is taking with their Accusim software.Well.... as you can see I have 2 girlfriends... (or 3 with DCS? or 4 with AeroflyFS, or 5 with Cliffs of dover?.. or 6 with BlackShark?. Golden age of the sims!!!) Enjoy your girls!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

X-plane 10 was a HUGE disappointment for me.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

X-plane 10 was a HUGE disappointment for me.
Why? Seriously, i tried X-plane 9 and i liked very much. You can't compare default x-plane planes with NGX. But i realy liked Jrollon CRJ-200. It's not PMDG quality on systems, but it feels great in air,and i think you can't have flight dynamics on that level in FSX. I almost switched to X-plane, but then PMDG makes NGX. I can't wait for PMDG planes for X-Plane.I didn't try X-plane 10 (yet). But I'll try it very soon, and i don't think that X-plane 10 it's not better than X-plane 9. Tell me if i wrong, i'm realy interested in X-plane 10

I have X Plane 9, and found it entertaining and worth the purchase price. I used and enjoyed it for several weeks, then cycled back to Flight Simulator. I have since gone back to it once, but now haven't used it for over a year. I got it not long after it came out, so do not have a lot of different airplanes, while I have a surplus of FSX stuff. I will probably use it again periodically when I get bored with FSX.I don't think you can directly compare the two platforms. Flight Simulator is an overall aviation siimulator, while X-Plane 9 (I have not tried X-Plane 10) is really more of an individual ariplane simulator.You have a lot more control over the individual airplane flight charactieristrics in X-Plane 9 ,but there is no real ATC and only a REALLY basic navigation system. The X-Plane 9 version of ATC consists mostly of a recorded chatter that repeats itself over and over, and frequent nonsensical and annoying (to me) commands to change headings to avoid another airplane. It does have a good, realistic weather program,including hail that can crack windshieds etc., and that ws entertaining to use while comparing it to local NWS radar.In other words, if you like to experiment with changes to the airplane behavior, and a few other extras, X-Plane is superior to Flight Simulator. If you like the entertainment value of having ATC, a diverse navigtion system, almost unlimited add-ons and an aviation rather than just an airplane simulator, Flight Simulator is your thing.Another possibilty that is of more immediate concern to me is that MS will change something (Like stopping Real World Weather support) or come out with an update that makes Flight Simulator unstabile or even unusable. When (Not IF) that happens, it is good that there is an alternative to fall back on. From what I have seen and heard, "Microsoft Flight" is not that replacement and won't be in my lifetime.Tom Hill