Sign in to follow this  
David_McMahon

Microsoft Flight Product key?

This is the official "workaround" from the MS Devs !!*****************************************************************************************Hi everyone! We've been hearing that people are getting asked for a product key when they try to log into LIVE and use Flight.Here's a workaround -- if you run across other people having this problem, please pass it on. Thanks! :-)Because Microsoft Flight is Free-to-Play when you sign-into LIVE for the first time through Flight a product key should be auto assigned to you. However we have noticed that some users are not getting their key auto assigned and are seeing a message asking them to enter a valid product key for the game. Here are some steps to take if you run into this issue:

1. Close down Flight
  2. Re-launch the game
  3. Attempt to sign-in again

If there is a 5x5 key already entered into the product key window just click ‘I accept’ and then the ‘Submit’ button. This should log you in. If that still does not give you a valid product key do the following to manually retrieve a key:

1. Go to http://marketplace.x...15-d8044d5308d2
  2. Click the ‘Buy Game FREE’ button
  3. Select ‘Confirm Purchase’ (this is a free transaction and won’t cost anything)
  4. Open up the Games for Windows Marketplace Client on your PC (found under Start->All programs->Games for Windows Marketplace)
  5. Sign into the Marketplace Client with your GFWL / Xbox LIVE account
  6. Click the ‘Downloads’ tab
  7. Click ‘Microsoft Flight’ from the list
  8. Click ‘View Game Keys’
  9. Copy the ‘LIVE Access Code’
  10. Open Flight
  11. Sign-in again
  12. If still asked for a Product Code, enter the LIVE Access Code you copied in step 9
  13. Click ‘I accept’ and ‘Submit’

*************************************************************************************************************************Fred.

Edited by RYR738

Too bad nothing has worked for me. Still trying to get a valid product key! I've done EVERYTHING and nothing works. (just me or what?)

Too bad nothing has worked for me. Still trying to get a valid product key! I've done EVERYTHING and nothing works. (just me or what?)
Live has a dashboard program, if you have it, does it show any error messages?

From another forum I posted in:

Hello,Now another problem!!!! :sad: (is it just me or what?)I've gone to this link here: http://marketplace.x...15-d8044d5308d2I'm signed in as YakEddy. I have tried this with Google Chrome and IE with and without compatibility view. I click the 'Buy Game - Free' button. Everything is good... now I'm in the 'Confirm purchase' screen. I click the confirm purchase button then after that it says... *drum role*Sorry Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.This transaction is encrypted.I have tried this at least 4 10 times! What the frik is wrong? Is my account locked or something? Also this has happened when I tried to download the free Age of Empires online game when it was released and no luck.Hope someone from Microsoft can help me! PLEASE!============"The product key you provided is not valid for this game. Please enter a valid product key for your game". ===========I have done ALL the things you've mentioned and I still get the same messages. The product key is already entered when I sign in but still can't play the game. Still get the same message "The product key you provided is not valid for this game. Please enter a valid product key for your game".=========Looked in the All Downloads and all the other tabs in Games for Windows Marketplace and it's blank. Can't find MSFlight anywhere!
Edited by nzeddy