Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Tutorial #2 page 118 missing step

Hey Ryan,

Seems no one has noticed mistake in tutorial 2, page 76.

The runway’s actual elevation is -12 feet below sea

level but the controller will not accept negative altitude

numbers.

But what about DIM- button on a controller? It gives minus sign before entry.

And I cannot find the description of HGS controller in FCOM. Where is it?

Hi

I think i found a tiny typo on page 56

It says the CAB/UTIL and IFE PASS SEAT switches are to the left of the BAT switch but they are to the right

Moshe

Are there any plans to incorporate all of the identified errors into a revised edition of the Turorial?

I think it will be done with the last ngx update (sp2)

Regards

Andrea Daviero

PMDG B737 NGX TUTORIAL #2: SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISHED!!!!! B)

Tomorrow I'll fly it again. This time I hope to enjoy instead of sweat, hehe

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Hi Ryan,

Tutorial 2 has been fantastic and has given me hours of fun and enjoyment. I noticed what I thought to be very minor errors on the tutorial and if you are making any corrections in the future I thought I should list them in case it helps. p.12LSK4L not LSK3L, p21 UZ738 not UZ741 p.25 LSK4R not 5R, p.33 LSK1R not 1L, p.34 & others add note "screen shots in Lbs". p.39 12.2kg x 10 not 12kg.x 10 p.44 Hold fuel 84lbs (38kg) a min. not hour. p.45 3600lbs (1616kg) not 3.6 (1.6) p.56 IFE/Pass seat switches to right not left. I am not being critical but know your desire for accuracy is what makes your work so great. Jim Boswell

I'm lost!! If I wait until I pass AB, I crash. Can someone go into a little more detail on the steps involved on the approach? Maybe with some extra screenshots.

Disregard....laziness got the best of me. I figured I'd just follow the tutorial step-by-step, and ignore the charts...wrong move! Once I looked at the chart, I understood what was meant by passing AB. I do agree that it is hard to spot on the display, but using the DME's it was rather easy. I'm guessing you have to nail the landing perfectly to make taxiway B though, cause I zoomed right on by it and had to back taxi.

Great tutorial though, but from a bit of a rookie's perspective, every little error and typo counts. I had a hard time with a couple things at first, and now I know from reading this thread that it wasn't me, they were typos.

Forgive me if somebody already pointed this one out, but I haven't noticed it in this thread. On page 118, after entering the runway information for 08, it never tells us to execute the change. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but I didn't execute it until I noticed that my FMC didn't match the screenshot on page 119.

Love the aircraft...it was everything it's cracked up to be, just wish I hadn't waited so long to get it!!

Hi Ryan

I have a doubt

on pg 43

We’re going to increase the altitude to FL140 (14000) feet since we

can’t actually fly at the optimal altitude of 13622 feet. We’d normally

where to find  13622  altitude

Did all of these  typos/changes/corrections  ever get published in a revised Tutorial #2 ?

And is there going to be a SP2 as mentioned in post #34 ?

Kurt Olson

Did all of these  typos/changes/corrections  ever get published in a revised Tutorial #2 ?

Kurt Olson

Good question.

Also which approach could be used nowadays instead of LLZ for the purpose of flying Tutorial#2: LOC 26 or LOCR 26 (there is also RNV 26)?

Thanks,

Igor.

Hi Ryan

where to find  13622  altitude

On the ALTERNATE DESTS page enter EDDM and select missed approach. In TRIP ALT window you'll see your optimal altitude. It may vary from 13622.

LOC26 is the most used, 737 can comply with its requirements.

LOCR26 has RNAV go-around procedure for low performance aircraft. RNV26 is fully RNAV procedure for low performance aircraft. This last two procedures require special authorization from eurocontol.

One more question, please: what would be the minimally acceptable wx conditions for this landing? I'd like to recreate them with ASN, so I'd need an example of the numbers for the wind, visibility and clouds.

Thanks,

Igor.

On page 118 of Tutorial #2, this section has a missing step - I'm pinning this here because it keeps coming up...• Press DEP ARR and select the LOWI ARRIVALS page.o Select Runway 08, which clears out the LOC/DMEEAST procedure. We’re doing this because we don’twant the missed approach procedure for runway 26 tobe in the FMC in the event of a go-around. This isn’tentirely realistic, but the Navigraph navdata does notcontain a procedure for the circle to land’s missedapproach.o Press LSK 3L to copy RW08 and then press LSK 1L toenter a direct to. Then enter the extended runwaycenterline course, 079 into the LSK 6R DIR INTC field.This sets up a magenta line to infinity along therunway’s centerline on the ND that can be used forsituational awareness during the turn to final.In between the second and third steps here it should say:o Press the LEGS button to return to the LEGS page, where we'll set up a direct to intercept course for the extended centerline.If you find any other errors/typos in the tutorial, post them here and I'll fix them for the next revision.

I have AIRAC cycle 1202 installed and ran into this as well, but before that I had trouble finding OEV18: My route had OEV19 instead! I just assumed it would be close enough. Also, I had a full set of STARs for LOWI.

Generally, these two tutorials are great, but sometimes my skill levels are mismatched. The Tutorial apologizes for going into detail on fuel calculations, but it contains large amounts of "verify this" and "set that". I don't mind the math, but kept using the pause button while I was searching for all those switches and buttons. Adding all the fixes (page 112 and onwards) is probably very useful if you know what you're doing. For me all those lines had me searching for "AB", because it was practically unreadable.

Sometimes my problem is not as much that I don't know what to do next. Rather, since the text doesn't always say WHY, I end up just pushing buttons without knowing what I just did. The "aha" moments tend to come from little remarks along the way that make me realize just what is happening. As an example of what I mean, try to use Tutorial 1 with the 747-400X. Some things have to be skipped, others just work slightly different. If you don't know why you are doing some things, you have no clue how to find the corresponding 747 buttons.

Cheers,

Bert Laverman

Is it imperative to have the AIRAC cycle 1108 in order to make it work ?

Thank you

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

Is it imperative to have the AIRAC cycle 1108 in order to make it work ?

Thank you

Hubert Werni

I hate to have to put it this way, but that totally depends on how well you understand what the instructions are achieving. If you don't mind using a recent chart to adjust the mentioned waypoints and use alternatives for the ones you can't find in your AIRAC, then you should be fine with whatever you have. If you can't survive the tutorial without it matching exactly with what you get in the Sim, then you'ld better use the AIRAC that came with the NGX.

Good luck,

Bert

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg