Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Aerosim's 787 for FSX released

Hi all just wanted to post a heads up the Japanese company aerosim have just released there 787 for fsx only, now this 787 is a light systems plane like default but at least there is in option out there for a nice good visual model and vc. price for me is steep 49.90 USD or about 40 euros, considering its just light systems/default so for those that want a 787 in till the QualityWINGS version or when 3d Modeler Hiroshi igami from the former posky team is done with his 787 which looks like soon, I know Al was eyeing this one too. :Big Grin: http://www.aerosim.c...igo/page1_e.htm

The Boeing 787, aka, Dreamliner is a mid-sized, wide-body, twin-engines jetliner

developed by the Boeing. About half of the primary structure including the fuselage

and wing are constructed with the composite materials. The composite materials

made it possible for the Boeing to bring the most advanced jetliner in terms of

ecology to the world'a major airlines. Included in this FSX add-on package is

2 variants of Boeing 787-8, the one with RR ENG and another GE ENG.

Each variant has two liveries, Boeing and AeroSim. In the cockpit, you'll find the

HUD (Head Up Display) in front of you. You'll see the terrain map on the ND,

when you press the TERR button on EFIS. FMS of B787 for FSX works with the

flight plan generated by the FSX flightplanner. LNAV commands the aircraft to

follow the flight plan route, and VNAV is capable of displaying the location of

T/C and T/D on the ND.

Another unique feature that comes with the B787 for FSX is the Electrochromic

Window System in the virtual cabin. The windows do not have conventional shade.

Instead, the passenger can regulate the intensity of light coming through the

window by using the mouse on the windows. In the cabin of real life, the passenger

uses the button at below the window.

The Boeing 787, aka, Dreamliner is a mid-sized, wide-body, twin-engines jetliner

developed by the Boeing. About half of the primary structure including the fuselage

and wing are constructed with the composite materials. The composite materials

made it possible for the Boeing to bring the most advanced jetliner in terms of

ecology to the world'a major airlines. Included in this FSX add-on package is

2 variants of Boeing 787-8, the one with RR ENG and another GE ENG.

Each variant has two liveries, Boeing and AeroSim. In the cockpit, you'll find the

HUD (Head Up Display) in front of you. You'll see the terrain map on the ND,

when you press the TERR button on EFIS. FMS of B787 for FSX works with the

flight plan generated by the FSX flightplanner. LNAV commands the aircraft to

follow the flight plan route, and VNAV is capable of displaying the location of

T/C and T/D on the ND.

Another unique feature that comes with the B787 for FSX is the Electrochromic

Window System in the virtual cabin. The windows do not have conventional shade.

Instead, the passenger can regulate the intensity of light coming through the

window by using the mouse on the windows. In the cabin of real life, the passenger

uses the button at below the window.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Yup, I've been watching it, waiting for the English release since it isn't very easily possible to buy it from their Japanese broker site, which as you say just occurred for English speakers so they can buy it from RegNow.

I'll probably pick it up, although it should be noted that, like most Aerosim products, it is again essentially a fairly light treatment of the real aircraft, which will generally benefit from the addition of some third party add-ons such as ISG, and thus a bit pricey for what you are getting. That's not necessarily a criticism, since it will doubtless suit a wide majority of simmers who don't want to spend four years at a flight academy in order to learn how to operate the cup holders, and there is no denying that Aerosim make nice models which get very good frame rates in FSX.

It will undoubtedly be a much better offering than the attrociously bad Abacus 787, however, for those not desperate to fly a 787 in any form, then awaiting the Quality Wings offering may ultimately be a better choice, since although that too is unlikely to be a nuts and bolts completely accurate facsimile of the real thing, it will doubtless have greater fidelity.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

$50 for this?

Yeah I'll pass...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I have it and its pretty good visually. Outside model is good looking with sharp textures, same goes with VC. Also nice virtual cabin with IFE systems that show flight map, altitude, speed and all that.

Flight dynamics seem ok, nothing special but not overpowered or anything. Soundpack is also good. Interesting modern gauges.

Expensive yes, but will do its job very well until QW 787 comes, and I could think about using this even after that at least sometimes thanks to this fancy cabin stuff. Nice wing view too. Would rank this better than CLS aircrafts at least.

It's actually a bit better than I thought it would be. Like all Aerosim stuff, it of course gets excellent FPS, since that is one of their main design criteria, but it is a nice model with reasonably decent texture resolution in spite of the hunt for FPS, and the wing flex animation is very well done indeed for an FSX bird.

It has the feel of a heavy jet in the flight model and take off acceleration and although some of the VC is pure eye candy with no functionality (the EFB for example), it has enough stuff working for you to be able to do FMC-controlled flights, as you can see in these pics, where it has loaded a flight plan with the Honiley 1R SID off Manchester's 23R, and is flying the SID on LNAV and VNAV.

So, FMC LNAV, VNAV, the MCP, the PFDs and the radios all work well enough to do what you want to do. Can't really comment on the flight model accuracy, or the veracity of the avionics, since what I know about a 787 would fit easily on the back of a matchbox, but it does at least look a lot like one both inside and out, and works in the way I suspect one does for real. Sounds are very good indeed, excellent in fact. In common with all Aerosim birds, it is a tad pricey for what it is though, but I'm fairly happy with it.

Some pics:

1-47.jpg

2-40.jpg

3-32.jpg

4-25.jpg

5-22.jpg

6-17.jpg

7-13.jpg

8-10.jpg

9-10.jpg

10-3.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The modelling looks excellent! Thanks for sharing Alan! :smile:

Yeah, have completed two full 1 hour flights now with it and been really happy like told on my earlier review already. Wing flex also looks pretty nice, had some heavy turbulence with thunderstorm around as its rainy season in Bangkok and was fun to look outside from cabin view when descending. I think I will make quick video about this tomorrow when my school officially ends and summer holiday starts.

Also soundpack volume and all that seems real good when compared to real videos from 787 takeoffs, quiet.

Great pics Al she looks good at least it has FMC LNAV, VNAV, the MCP :Big Grin: I think the high price is because of the Japanese Yen and most things in Japan are expensive compared to some other countries but at least we have a choice now and can fly a 787 in fsx. :smile:

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Thanks for the review an pics Al, as usual the voice of reason and fairness :) Good to know we're gonna have options for the 787 and hopefully this model comes down a little in price once the other manufacturers release theirs. I was lucky to see one of these in the flesh this week in Auckland (New Zealand), great looking birds, posted some pics on my flickr page following is anyone wants to take a squiz...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deeknow/tags/n787bx/

Dean Stringer

Wish they'd update the DC-8 for FSX. This looks nice

++1, Amen to that as their DC-8 in FS9 was great