Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Aerosim's 787 for FSX released

Mindyerbeak,

Can you say where did you get this livery? I can't find it in the package. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Thanks to all of you guys! I think I will treat myself tonight....I have a few weeks to enjoy before tax season #2 starts! By the way, I love the ANA repaint; where would I find this?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I think this question got lost in the shuffle; anyone know where to get the ANA repaint?

Cheers, Pete

Thanks! :Peace:

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Thanks Mindyerbeak!

The VC panel textures look like FS9 era. They're just awful.

I wouldn't pay $50 for this, that's only about $20 short of what the NGX cost and the difference in texture quality between the two is worth way more then $20.

They should have priced this around $25-30 imo.

Well, i like it a lot ... much better than many FSX VCs out there ...

And, as Mr.Chock said, with a ISG treatment, it´s even better. :Peace:

At present time, doing an approach at RJAA with Inspiration of Japan livery at dawn. Nice!

Edited by firehawk44
Links to photos removed by poster

The VC panel textures look like FS9 era. They're just awful.

I wouldn't pay $50 for this, that's only about $20 short of what the NGX cost and the difference in texture quality between the two is worth way more then $20.

They should have priced this around $25-30 imo.

At least in my FSX they look better than on most CLS addons for example, not awful at all. Also comparing everything to NGX which is probably the very best addon out there is just stupid, why not compare to average of all FSX payware jet products? There this would be definitely on higher middle class.

Also comparing everything to NGX which is probably the very best addon out there is just stupid,

No?

I'm comparing the prices, not the actual planes. Imo, this just isn't worth $50 based on the quality of the textures that I can see sitting at my desk.

The NGX is a great aircraft no doubt, but it also set the bar higher for other developers to compete against including the pricetag that came with it for the quality of work it delivered.

It's probably not fair to compare the 787 directly against PMDG's work since PMDG to date hasn't made a 787, so the fact you can fly a 787 in FSX will have it's own special appeal that some might attribute to the cost.

For myself, I just don't think the overall quality of the work done is worth the price asked, compared to what others have done and the prices they charge for their products.

That's all. :)

Not everything should be judged against the PMDG FSX NG. It's a brilliant piece of work to be sure and I like it very much indeed, but it is neither a lite treatement, nor one which had the goal of running on lower end systems.

It is AeroSim's stated design aim on all their products that they are to be frame rate friendly. That's a completely different design goal to that of PMDG, who will certainly try to make things frame rate friendly if they can, but that is a secondary consideration to aiming for the realism which PMDG does. Thus one should be mindful that AeroSim are not trying to match the fidelity of FSX add-ons which really go for it in the looks or systems simulation department, but rather to strike a balance between looks and performance for those who want a simpler FS experience, and they are amongst the best developers when it comes to pulling that off, as anyone who has one of their products will confirm from the frame rates they achieve.

There are people who simply cannot run the PMDG FSX 737 NG on their computers, and there are people who do not choose to because they want something which they can just dive into and fly. Nobody is denying that it is bloody expensive for what it is in terms of systems simulation, everything in Japan is bloody expensive LOL. But since AeroSim have achieved their design goal with the 787, by making something which runs like greased lightning in FSX and looks okay, that's what you are paying for, and getting a little bit stung on exchange rates too of course.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Anyhow, I actually like the way it looks, and even more so now I've got it painted up in my own airline colours. We don't need no steenkin paint kit:

2012-6-10_1-51-47-517.jpg

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nice one Alan! I´m wishing someone do a Aeromexico livery in the future. :Love:

Lol Chock you make it sound like we should be paying extra money to these companies just to get decent framerates.

Good FPS should be a basic feature of the addon, not something that is capitalized on.

I'm not saying they did this with the 787, but saying people should be grateful with a $50 pricetag for something that has mediocre textures just because it runs nice on older systems....well that I don't agree with.

Lol Chock you make it sound like we should be paying extra money to these companies just to get decent framerates.

Good FPS should be a basic feature of the addon, not something that is capitalized on.

I'm not saying they did this with the 787, but saying people should be grateful with a $50 pricetag for something that has mediocre textures just because it runs nice on older systems....well that I don't agree with.

So you believe we should be paying more,as in the $100.00+ range, for complexity with very little if any concern for performance? Ii is a minority, in this hobby, that have the financial rescources to pay for hardware that will run said complex equipment satisfactory let alone the addon price tag! My believe is there is a market for both and the buyer will make that decision.