Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Aerosim's 787 for FSX released

Well, without wishing to arse around, I grabbed everything in the CS panel folder apart from the config file, and pasted that. You probably don't need everything, but I knw it would work that way, so that's what I did.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Was just weighing up whether or not to make an Air India repaint for it just for something to do. Might knock one up this week for a laugh, it's a pretty paint job they have.

Al

Here ya go Al, these guys probably take a little bit longer to do their repaints.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/06/08/4019275/fort-worth-facility-paints-its.html

NAX669.png

Nice reference pics. Thanks for that. Was gonna do that tomorrow, but now it will have to wait, got a phone call today curtailing my week off asking me to train InDesign course on Thursday and Friday; bummer, but you gotta earn a crust eh? Especially with add-ons that cost fifty bucks hammering your bank acount LOL

Shame it isn't a Photoshop course I'll presenting, I can see it now; 'for this next exercise, we're going to do a repaint of the AeroSim B787...'

Al

Alan Bradbury

Thanks for your help guys; if I ever get out of work I will install the repaints!

Cheers,

Good comment Pete. From good common sense midwesterner. Dont see much of that these days!

Lol...Chicago transplant by way of Metro NYC. Common sense is definitely a learned behavior!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Hi Al - ok, I copied everything except the panel.cfg file...will do a test flight later to check it out!

Thanks!

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Here ya go Al, these guys probably take a little bit longer to do their repaints.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/06/08/4019275/fort-worth-facility-paints-its.html

This is actually what got me into the 787. I didn't pay the plane too much attention before one buzzed my house coming into Meacham. It certainly took the number one spot on my list of "biggest plane I have seen land at Meacham" and had me standing in awe for a moment. Been fascinated by the plane ever since.

Todd,

I just happen to see this article when I was perusing the Star-Telegram online the other day. I didn't realize that they were painting 787's at Meacham. I work at DFW and I was working a few Saturdays ago when Boeing brought one in to showcase for American Airlines. I could see the tail sticking out of the hangar on the east side of the field. It left the following Monday but I was in the bin of an aircraft when it taxied by our ramp and none of my co-workers bothered to tell me.

NAX669.png

Anyone know how to disable the annoying "sink rate" and "pull up" I hear over and over again during final approach? I tried to put some extra stuff into the cfg file to disable these but nothing changed.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

The fact that Delta does not have any of these has afforded me the opportunity to get creative with a livery. While I have not made it very far into the repaint (been repainting doors, windows, etc.) I figured I would put what I have out there for comments and opinions. Personally I like the logo, but not the font (plan on changing it).

Please keep in mind that this is very early in the repaint process.

2012-6-14_20-3-6-44.jpg

@ psolov,

I think* that has something to do with the [GPWS] section of the aircraft.cfg

Nice one so far, although the arrowhead of the cheatline is somewhat interfered with by the door. Often a tricky problem on airline liveries. I'd be inclined to try lengthening the line to make the arrowhead be in front of the door, although you might already have done that and run into projection problems with it hitting the roof of the fuselage, in which case moving it back the other way would be the next thing I'd try. Still, that Delta livery looks nice on the bird.

Al

Alan Bradbury

That roof & belly intersection is going to be tricky with some of the operators' liveries.

Sim to Todd's preview, this is very prelim. I'm no painter, so it'll probably be considered prelim when I'm "done", but hopefully we'll see some more interest in painting these birds B)

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Kind of suits the BA livery. Nice job.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Anyone know where in the paint kit to find this little guy? I'm lost....

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

I'm wondering if we should consider a new thread (maybe in the Aerosim forum) listing repaints that are in progress, available, etc. Like their 777, it seems as if the challenge will be finding liveries for our 787's. Any thoughts?

Another learning exercise in progress:

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

I have the Airbus FS2004 series from Aerosim. Not an unreasonable purchase for the amount of aircraft supplied at the time. I ported them across to FSX when they released a patch file. They were reasonably OK models and at the time worth the investment, but I have since moved on and never fly those models now, preferring the freeware Project Airbus a32x series (and looking forward to the a33x and a34x they are working on).

As I side comment, I have found the pricing way too steep for Japanese based software in general - I am thinking the Atrain series, ATC games and these Aerosim products. The ATC product was selling for something like $150 NZ dollars and the time I enquired!!

Glad you all think it is worth it - but I am in the "Waay too steep a price" camp on this one. Guess things have settled down into clear pricing demarcations for me now. Now if it was done by PMDG - or if the price was a lot less then I would consider it.

Ray