Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26JUL12 - PMDG 777 for FSX: Let the previews begin!

Wow, that all i can say.

I still remember my first flight with the B772LR, the look that i had when looking the BEAST out of the terminal window, and the return flight when we had to park in a remote and i could touch and see the MASSIVE GE90 so close

Looks fantastic, PMDG's most accurate exterior model so far, in my opinion. Looking forward to this!

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

Now the tedious VC work begins or continues. ::) Looks great, as usual.

One question tough, since the initial release will include the -200LR only, will there be a feature in the FMC (or similar) to disable the blended winglets to more or less make it look like the regular -200 series, or do we "have to" wait for the new -200 model itself?

No this will be a new model. The wing structure from the outboard fuel jettison probe to the wingtip is different from the -200s. And the engine nacelle on the -200 is slightly different than the LR so we have to model those slight detail differences as well.

Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

dont know which to be more excited about.. the Olympics in my backyard or this!!

No this will be a new model. The wing structure from the outboard fuel jettison probe to the wingtip is different from the -200s. And the engine nacelle on the -200 is slightly different than the LR so we have to model those slight detail differences as well.

Cheers,

Attention to details... as usual. Nice!

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Cheers,

Well said, the 200LR and 200ER are two different Aircraft in many ways!

Not even impressed no more... we're used to it :lol:

Glorious work as ever PMDG..

Actually, I am a little bit disappointed. I don't want to sound ungrateful, I do appreciate the effort you are investing into such a project and offering it us at a reasonable price.

Nevertheless, I think you should have painted the aircraft in Ultra HD textures and also every other paint for this aircraft should be painted in HD..

It seems as if PMDG is 'exploiting' all modern modelling techniques but when it comes to painting they seem to be trapped in the 1990's...sorry to say that but, Standard Definition is so Old school.

Cheers,

Ensar

Oh yeah!

Pass me my keys to my PMDG'er!!

Chris Howard

I don't like your 'running' engine blades Jason, I am sorry mate. I think they spin 'too slow' and are too light grey..

I completely agree- they have no relation (for lack of a better word) whatsoever with the color of the fan cone. Look at this picture for instance: http://www.flightglo...07/777200LR.jpg

Yes, it is lighter than the cone, but still has some relation in color to the cone and is a lot darker than what is shown in the PMDG screens. Granted, these are still development pics and the colors could be tweaked, or just have not been tweaked yet. I still want to throw the thought in there just in case.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo