Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike_CFII_MEL

Tom's Photo On AVSIM Front Page

21 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I think it would be nice to have Tom's photo on the top right of the front page, maybe in one of the add spots... Click on Tom's image and it would open to a history of Tom and AVSIM. A lasting tribute to a man who dedicated many, MANY years to Flight Simulation.

RIP Tom, my condolences to the family... You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Michael Swannick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think it would be nice to have Tom's photo on the top right of the front page, maybe in one of the add spots... Click on Tom's image and it would open to a history of Tom and AVSIM. A lasting tribute to a man who dedicated many, MANY years to Flight Simulation.

A good idea.  We will consider it. 

Best regards,

Yes, I like the black ribbon.  Chase is the creative one....  We appreciate the suggestion!

Best regards,

Yes, just to say the picture is really nice - looks very fitting and appropriate.  A good tip of the hat to our fine leader emiritus.

It looks good so he is still watching over us.

It was a great idea by Michael Swannick for Tom's photo to be on each AvSim page. It's a constant reminder to us that without him AvSim wouldn't exist and we wouldn't be able to chat about our favourite hobby. We owe him a great deal.

I hope it remains for the foreseeable future. Thank you Tom. :Applause:

I think it should be a permanent fixture. Just having Tom looking at me from his photo is enough to make me feel like I need to behave myself!

I think it should be a permanent fixture. Just having Tom looking at me from his photo is enough to make me feel like I need to behave myself!

That's very true

Christopher, we will have no hanky panky in the back there! :blush:

I agree. For those of us who have been around for a few years, it is nice to still be able to have coffee with Tom every morning. :Cuppa: