Sign in to follow this  
eelis

Is Flight! and content still available?

Hi

I'm going to upgrade my win10 32bit to win 10 64bit, to have more memory for use in my computer, my mother board and processor is compatible and will allow that.

Doing so, I will have to do a clean install, so i'm going to lose my Flight! installation.

Does anyone know, am I still being able to download and retrieve Flight! main program and my bought content (all exept Mustang) and install them?

The program and content is mainly from Microsoft GWFL, exept Hawaii and two planes, which are from steam.

-eelis-

Yeah..the program is still available:

"Make sure you have the latest GFWL client installed: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=201134 (or www.flighttoolkit.com/flightInstallers/gfwlivesetup.exe)
You can download\install Microsoft Flight from here: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9800616
"

You can log into your GFWL account and download the content yourself or you can use the Flight Toolkit to install any DLC which you have previously purchased via the Addon Manager.

Thank's KavindaJD, will start the demanding task (at least for me) tomorrow. Will be looking forward the Maximum settings on Flight! graphics.  :smile:

-eelis-

This topic comes up periodically and KavindaJD has provided an excellent answer. 

I'm pinning this for future reference for all our members.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

So, I did manage to upgrade my system from 32 bit to 64 bit, with clean install of win10.

I upgraded my memory from 2 Gb to 4 Gb (my mother board supports only 8 Gb max in 2 Gb modules in 4 sockets.)

I also bought 500 Gb SSD, which now holds operating system and MS Flight.

I was able to download Flight with the instructions of KavindaJD.

But I was not able to install my bought content with GFWL client. I managet to sign in, but when it was checking my purchases, it informed me: "There was an error retrieving your purchase history. Please sign out and try again later." 

I did try it several times and on different days (yesterday and today), but with the same result, so it might be possible that you cannot retrieve your purchases anymore with GFWL client?

OK, so then I installed flight tools (1.1.16) and that did the job, I was able to get my content, and now have Flight with all glory (thanks to Stonelance for great toolkit).

Next job is to convert Flight sim x scenery with the toolkit, to keep me busy.

-eelis-

Me again.

The conversion of FS10 scenery went smoothly, so almost every thing is back to normal and little more.

I'm only missing my career and achievements, which I did not remember to back up first (and my screenshots).

Well I have lots of missions to accomplish and pictures to take...

-eelis- 

Me again.

The conversion of FS10 scenery went smoothly, so almost every thing is back to normal and little more.

I'm only missing my career and achievements, which I did not remember to back up first (and my screenshots).

Well I have lots of missions to accomplish and pictures to take...

-eelis- 

Glad it all worked out OK in the end! On a positive note, you can replay all of the tutorials/lessons, landing challenges and missions. There really should have been more missions...oh well...Flight is still great for me, for VFR flying in the paradise that is Hawai'i, or the vastness that is Alaska. Anyway, I wax nostalgic in topics like this. I know what it's like to have a successful PC upgrade, so very pleased for you! And yes, as usual Kavinda has the answer you need. :smile:

I'm on the same way....

Something has to keep me busy until DTGs Flight School becomes available :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Brandon was also reporting similar issues with GFWL.  He also had problems where it couldn't retrieve his product key so he couldn't even start Flight with GFWL.  If I were you guys, I would report these problems on some MS forums.  It could be that some service change broke GFWL.

Brandon was also reporting similar issues with GFWL.  He also had problems where it couldn't retrieve his product key so he couldn't even start Flight with GFWL.  If I were you guys, I would report these problems on some MS forums.  It could be that some service change broke GFWL.

A lot of people all over the web are having the same issue. MS says the service is gone and there is no longer anyone supporting it. Attempts to get any sort of answer over the phone just ends with flustered tech support dumping you to whatever department they can think of.

Threads like this are everywhere, and Flight is in the same boat. It seems that MS has turned out the lights and simply walked away, leaving who knows how many people stranded.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/f/5415/t/2074436.aspx?pi7406=1#5489863

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1182678

Now, you can go to https://live.xbox.com/en-US/download/history to check your purchase history, and it will gladly show you all your stuff, but if you then click on the download links....... you are taken to a dead page.

Purchases_zps0pmolx1f.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well at least they say "someone is working on it".  Better than "definitely no one working on it" :)  Whether they can actually fix it is another issue.  Probably not worth holding our breathe.

Well at least they say "someone is working on it".  Better than "definitely no one working on it" :)  Whether they can actually fix it is another issue.  Probably not worth holding our breathe.

And now they have started locking threads. 

In one of the DTG flight school threads, there was some talk the Windows Store version vs the Steam version.

My take is that with Microsoft's history of abandoned support, what person in his right mind is going to buy from the MS app store?

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

My take is that with Microsoft's history of abandoned support, what person in his right mind is going to buy from the MS app store?

Not me for sure! Steam it'll be!!!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, at least with the toolkit everything other than multiplayer still works, and we knew those servers were going to go down eventually anyway.