Sign in to follow this  
cyberix

Flight Monitor v1.0 - a moving map for MS Flight

Version 1.3 released (same download link as above). Updated to use latest version of Flight Toolkit (v1.1.31), and minor fix to magnetic variation handling.

This looks really good thanks cyberix, well done!

Out of interest, is there any way to display a moving map on, say, a tablet PC? I know that some apps exist to control flight inputs and/or to view flight statistics (e.g., X-Plane and FSX), but does anything exist that would allow a moving map to display on a tablet PC? I appreciate that it's probably quite difficult to allow Flight to communicate with a remote device.

In theory, I could create a server application that runs on the same PC as Flight, and a tablet application that connects to the server and displays the data. In reality, I'm not sure that there would be enough demand to justify the time it would take to implement.

I'll have a think about it though. There may be a less time-consuming method, perhaps using a browser-based solution.

Yeah true, I appreciate that demand is probably quite low. I used to rig a second monitor on which the moving map was displayed. I suppose that it might be a decent project for someone like yourself, but I cannot reasonably expect someone to invest such time and effort with such small demand.

Either solution could work (and perhaps even "make Flight great again!" - haha!) but something I like about Flight is relying on VFR landmarks to get around. Although that works much better in Hawai'i than it does in Alaska - it's so huge!

Anyway, thanks for the reply cyberix. Happy flying!

Thanks Cyberix.  I just loaded it up this weekend and it works great.  One minor annoyance.  After I clicked on "Stay on Top", the menu / options bar is gone and I can not get it back again. Any ideas?

Press Ctrl-T to toggle "Always on Top". You may need to also resize the window if you had it full-screen.

• Upvote 1