Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

Ok, let me see if I got it all right. Finally.

In my PTA folder I got 20 presets.

https://postimg.org/image/73ggjeafv/

Simply put, I believe I got them all. :)

Plus those two I got when I copy two of them I find the best and edited to my taste. So it's 22 all together.

For me, far the best is the URP v1.0 Prologue.ini by Predrag Drobac.

So... I was experimenting a bit and I can't figure why it's so much better than all the rest. It seems to me... it's like it uses some totally other shaders, really can't tell by I try to repeat that on some other (it's thopat-PTA_Preset-1_4, my second best) by just copy-paste all those postprocess shaders lines you can see at the bottom of .ini file. Of course, as often is the case... it didn't work.

It looks a bit different but it just can't repeat THAT terrain look as Prologue has.

Look that, I must say, totally change the game for me. Life, if you want. :rolleyes:

I can talk like this for hours but you been thinking that old one "this post is useless without pics!" saying so I'll try to upload a few... one how my game look with Thopat's version (still very good one, mind you!) and another with Prologue/Predrag's version. Edited version but more on that later.

https://postimg.org/image/hy1q79ijf/

(sorry it doesn't work as regular attachment, I have to post it as a link. shi*)

That's Thopat version.

Prepar3_D_2017_03_03_01_53_35_31.png

And that's Prologue. A little bit edited by me.

Don't know about you but they look like they come from almost different games to me. Just look at that terrain down there. :lope_you:

(please try to pay no attention at Sun glow and all those lens flares, I use a couple mods and some tweaking by me. perhaps I overdone things by notch. Or two. :) but I kinda like it, I'll keep it, for now at least)

So... my question would be (to Predrag) what secret you have done in that file so it looks this way better (at least on my PC) compared to all the others ? Once again, Thopat's version is no bad at all it's actually second best I just have to use one as example, it's just as same with any other, Adam's for example.

Or perhaps, like I said... it's a secret ? :xo:

Anyway... regardless of your answer, thank you for this mod, it really transform my game.

Khm, now, if you excuse me... I would like to tell you what did I change in your file to make it suit my needs better. Here's two shots, first from your PTA_AURP v1.0 Prologue, second from my edited version.

Prepar3_D_2017_02_28_02_20_02_86.jpg

That's your.

https://postimg.org/image/900vmcuxj/

And this is mine. (same here. attach doesn't work. dammit)

First: sky haze. It's a little bit to high. On a completely clear day! on my screenshots you can see mountains which you should really see on a totally clear day. I mean... we have settings in P3D if we want to have some haze in game, reduced visibility... but on a absolutely clear day... you should see quite further. Just my opinion though. And I'm still not satisfied with the result, I edited more "Haze effect" but now I believe I should pay bigger attention to "Rayleigh scattering effect".

Second: Aircraft lighting and saturation - ambient sunlight ratio is too high, imho. Airplane looks too bright and, really... lack of many details which can bee seen if we tone down ambient sunlight ratio. I use 0.60 instead of 1.00. As you can see from the pic more details are visible and side of the plane that's turned away from the Sun shouldn't be that bright anyway.

Btw, maybe you can help... I did screw things a little bit (maybe you'll disagree that it's only a little bit:senyum:), as you may see my terrain looks quite darker than yours and I'm not sure why... I want it to tune down a bit object lighting cause I feel like buildings and especially trees are too bright compared to terrain and it kill immersion a bit and I edit diffuse sunlight ratio to 0.60 and I DIDN'T touch terrain lighting at all yet... it almost look like I did just opposite... objects seems to have same light/shadow strength now and terrain seems quite darker. What did go wrong, I wonder ? :(

Did some more tweaking here and there but nothing that important.

Oh, yes... I did add some sharpening to the mod, it looks well... sharper and in general more prettier to me.

My location for all testing related to this matter is far south of Sri Lanka, just a few kilometers off the south coast and at altitude of about 750 meters. Time on those pics are 6:00 am and season is I believe spring. Not sure if that's important info but guess it can't hurt.

Shame that pics are not at exact same position but that's P3D problem, you have to press pause right away and say your prayers cause there's no option for "start paused", isn't it ?

And as you all may see... I really love that Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter, by our dear Tim Piglet Conrad. I heard that some team did start on quite detailed version of it but... it's been long time since they started. Also, don't we all want to be as cool as Mel in Air America. Good old reliable Porter, it really can take off and land on a dime. ;)

Another thing - I apologize cause your version is plain .jpg one and mine is .png, it's not cause I wanted that mine version looks better, lol, but cause I made a shot with your version much earlier and in meantime I realize I should choose .png format, for better pic quality sake. Sorry about that. :)

I hope you'll understand that this is not criticism at all just some of my observations and I just want to share with you some of my ideas. Thank you once again.

Kind regards,

gamer19

edit:

Something's wrong with these *** attachments. Can post some some can't. What a hell is this??. And without pics, like I said post is quite useless, dammit, I'll try few things more... :(

I can do that.

But only if Predrag say it's ok with him.

Because it's, I would say, 99% of his work. And all the rest is mine. :)

And in meantime I did few changes to make it even better and still need to do few more... at least I have to, if I can't improve it, reset that terrain look at it's vanilla/Prologue settings, this way it is still too dark, not too noticeable in day/night conditions but it is in sunrise/sunset.

And in meantime, here's one that better illustrate benefits of lowering Ambient sunlight ratio plus some LumaSharpen-ing via much better plane details.

Prepar3_D_2017_03_03_02_31_24_30.png

Sorry guys, I'm late to the party simply because I can't stand new AVSIM GUI, it is a real pain to browse the forums while thread following options doesn't work (at least for me).

Using my ini for PTA as a template, then sharing it slightly modified is ok if you name the file, for example, URP v1.1 Prologue (modified by #Name#). Of course my example refers if 90% of values are still URP. If you use it as template and modify it to be completely different, then you can name it how you want. :)

As for terrain, I didn't used any secret values, everything is in PTA preset. Of course terrain lighting will highly depend on sky textures also.

P.S. I didn't checked Thopat preset so I can't say what are the main differences in lighting.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Ok, thanks a lot.
I'll publish my version sometimes soon, after some "few more" changes. Ahh... it's a constant battle, it can never actually being "finished". And that's the beauty of modding I guess. :D

And, afer some attempts to reinvent the wheel... I got some unexpected and not so pretty results, so I realise, once again, just how great in his "vanilla" state Prologue is !

Back to drawing board, I change only what I really feel should be changed. Not much though... =)

And I will probably go with the name of "URP v1.1 Prologue (edited by gamer19 v0.9)" cause it really won't be that independent or reinventing enough to drop that "Prologue" name. 

I hope some of you, maybe even Predrag, will like it, and use it sometimes. At least up until new version of Prologue comes out. Not that I suggest that there's one ...just around the corner, no... :emu_melk:

Thanks P, once again.

Another thing... as author suggested me via PM, this talk should probably be continued on Prologue own thread

http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/500903-ultimate-realism-pack-v10-prologue/

so I'll post in there everything about Prologue from now on.

On March 6, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Pe11e said:

Sorry guys, I'm late to the party simply because I can't stand new AVSIM GUI, it is a real pain to browse the forums while thread following options doesn't work (at least for me).

Using my ini for PTA as a template, then sharing it slightly modified is ok if you name the file, for example, URP v1.1 Prologue (modified by #Name#). Of course my example refers if 90% of values are still URP. If you use it as template and modify it to be completely different, then you can name it how you want. :)

As for terrain, I didn't used any secret values, everything is in PTA preset. Of course terrain lighting will highly depend on sky textures also.

P.S. I didn't checked Thopat preset so I can't say what are the main differences in lighting.

Thanks for allowing your modified profile to be shared

with regard to the forums click on content I have posted in and then click on condensed or expand to the right and it will filter properly. It's clearly not working right but this is a hack that will get you there for now. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hey Gamer19 nice shots!! im looking for a sunglow and flare that reflects what you have...i cant by all means get to show like that on my pC...the only thing i see is a white yellowish orb but no shine, glow...would you mind helping me out get that exact effect...im using URP 1.1 Suneffect

thx

cheers

Alfredo

ERROR: shader file E:\SIM STUFF\PREPAR3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
what to do?

On 11. 05. 2017. at 7:04 PM, aamontoy said:

Hey Gamer19 nice shots!! im looking for a sunglow and flare that reflects what you have...i cant by all means get to show like that on my pC...the only thing i see is a white yellowish orb but no shine, glow...would you mind helping me out get that exact effect...im using URP 1.1 Suneffect

thx

cheers

Alfredo

Sorry for late response. But better late than never huh.

I'm glad someone actually like it. Even if it's one at least. =)  I'm especially glad since this is your first post so I imagine you registered for sole purpose of congratulate me and get the same effect in your game. :happy:

First, I can assure you you will get it on your game too, you got my word for it.

It's not that hard on first place (all hard job is already done by me lol) and I have no intention to keep it only for myself, it does look good, great even, so why not share it with fellow simmers. Especially... cuz it's not 100% my job, I actually mada a mix of some great jobs in this fields, starting with Prologue sun effect version, some other 2-3 guys from net, even some parts are from REX (I hope they wouldn't mind, since it's really minor thing for them and I would give 100% correct credits and this could even be great commercial to their final product, why not?).

Like I said, I take best parts from 3-4 different mods mix it all together, test it hard, then do some test again (all by myself, I got no one fancy beta testers =)) then multiply effects with about 550% lol cuz at default they were really ...well weak and not so realistic and for sure not attractive as they should be. Now they are. As you may see from following screenshots...

13yqu5x.jpg

ff1z0w.jpg

2cqfvhy.jpg

t65ysk.jpg

I believe I've quite nail it now. Until some new testing ofc. :laugh:

I mean, if you ever (try) to look at the Sun on a bright day... you know that all mods, at least all the ones I've saw, are waaay too weak. The ones from FSX/P3D not to mention those (non-existent?) in X-plane.

I actually should have make them even stronger but since this is game after all you wouldn't be able to see much of the scenery and that would be a shame and ..I feel sorry for your eyes. You may want to sue me for damaging your vision after all, who knows... =)

Btw, if there's more of you interested, I may upload the effect on Avsim library, giving the proper credits like I said. I also have another (I believe) quite interesting mod I was thinking to upload - camera effects, again mix of many best camera angles from different planes, so you can have those angles on ALL OF YOUR AIRCRAFTS not only those payware ones. Look great, trust me. Don't have screens at me right not, only got these two.. offset views, more screens will follow.

atkfo2.jpg

28iuq8i.jpg

(camera "softly" follows your plane, it's not nailed ..on some invisible pole out there)

And, sorry for hijaking the thread. Sort of.

But Predrag have great personality he won't get (too) mad at me, I'm sure. :ha:

Wow really nice effects! i concur you nailed it lol...well send those effects my way    aamontoy @ gmail . com obviously without the spaces...i will surely appreciate em...

cheers and keep up that good work! 

cheers

Alfredo

8 minutes ago, Hansaspeed said:

Is there any plan to update this to work with P3D V3.4? Or V4?

The project is abandoned long time ago, that's why is compatible only with v3.2. Why not use PTA or URP for v4?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.