Sign in to follow this  
supersym

Voxatc beta 7.2

Hi,

Just like to say hello first. I am a loooong time user of VOXATC. I have not been beta testing since I have had issues with P3D for the past three months which have only just been sorted.

I have now carried out a number of flights, all IFR airliner type flights. I have had two issues, one I think to do with my setup.

One problem is where I have checked the box in the flight plan extras to not have vectors on approach, but I am vectored to approach. This has happened a few times, in other respects VOXATC has worked well.

The other issue is where I am getting two 'mic clicks' when I press the PTT button, I then make my request and it is repeated by VOXATC before giving me the response. I think this must be a set up issue.

I have tried to get the network panels to work without success. I suspect this is due to the lack of instructions on how to do it. I have read and followed the instructions in the latest manual. I am not clear on what settings I should invoke in the options in the VOXATC network folder, such as flight plan extras, voice setup etc. It seems to me they are duplicates of the VOXATC main programme folder. Anyway, I'll keep tweaking.

Overall I'm happy with V7.2.

Using VOXATC V7.2, P3D3.4, Win10 and Cepstral/MS voices. Not using VOXPOP voices.

All reported to Tegwyn et al, via the VOXATC web page.

Regards

Dave

Thats great Dave - wait until your beta expires - then you will be in our boat.

Thats great Dave - wait until your beta expires - then you will be in our boat.

did you uninstall then reinstall voxatc 7.2 ?

Get you the same msg ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Uninstall and search the Windows registry for any stray VOXATC entries. A registry cleaner might work also but I am hesitant to recommend such snake oil. A smart uninstaller utility would work too. I'm still a few weeks away from the 60 day cutoff so I'm just waiting for the axe to fall.

I actually tried to go back to ver6 and can't get things to work just right as well.  I will try the registry hack to see if i can extend my beta.    

Ya think we all would have heard something by now - why would he cap the beta and leave the users hanging out to dry.  Not the best customer service but I do like the product the best.  

why would he cap the beta and leave the users hanging out to dry

I've been involved in a number of closed and open betas for flightsim software and I can say that this is the most convoluted beta test I've ever seen. There's little to no interaction between the developer and potential customers. No real idea of what's been fixed or what's in the pipeline to be fixed. Very strange to say the least.

NAX669.png

hello, voxpopbase's link  is again available  :smile:

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Yeah, not only are the VoxPop voices available for the beta but I take that small update as an indicator that the beta is still being actively worked on. VOXATC is both a complex and elegant addon and it probably needs very careful tuning to make sure that the coding works for a wide variety of setups.

So, does anyone know if this thing is dead in the water?

NAX669.png

Unfortunately, only the developer knows. He did make one minor change to the download links for the VoxPop voices so he's still out there.

Look at it this way, the 7.2 beta is free, full featured and runs for 60 days before one has to uninstall and reinstall it. It doesn't seem to have a whole lot of bugs, at least for me, so at present, version 7 is basically freeware.

My 60 days ran out a while ago.

NAX669.png

You can just uninstall the beta and then reinstall it. I was able to restart the 60 day clock, although a few people in this thread said that a reinstall didn't work for them. I used Total Uninstall which cleans up the Windows registry after an uninstall. In the past, I've used CCleaner which is one of those infamous registry "cleaners", but Total Uninstall targets only a single app to make sure that nothing is left behind in the registry.

50 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

You can just uninstall the beta and then reinstall it. I was able to restart the 60 day clock, although a few people in this thread said that a reinstall didn't work for them. I used Total Uninstall which cleans up the Windows registry after an uninstall. In the past, I've used CCleaner which is one of those infamous registry "cleaners", but Total Uninstall targets only a single app to make sure that nothing is left behind in the registry.

Hmmm. I assumed it was a one shot deal. I'll gibe it a try. Thanks.

NAX669.png