Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

I see Tony's points on real weather, I can cope with online weather following the weather rather than forcing cavok where I want to fly. Really enjoying Greece right now but I understand that many have their favourite sceneries.

With the trouble I've had lately using XEnviro in the Pacific Northwest at this time of year, I probably should spend more time flying in Greece.   :smile:  

The trouble is, I fly mostly in FSEconomy, and the two aircraft I "own" and therefore fly the most, are based in the PNW and the UK. Messy weather this time of year.

Another thing is that I'm flying into a lot of small airstrips where there is no ILS. I'm not going to be bothered trying to set up a GPS/LNV approach through the muck to get me in view of the runway. Especially if it's a runway tucked into a narrow valley between mountains like CYBD Bella Coola.

XEnviro just doesn't work for this kind of flying, at this time of year.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

After an initial flurry of activity and releases, it's been very quiet lately. We've had the official XP11 release for a few weeks now. Any news if the XEnviro guys will be releasing another increment? I haven't seen anything for a long time (including the sun!!)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Thanks Tony. I don't routinely check Facebook so I missed that little tidbit. Nice to hear they're still toiling away. Lots left to do!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)