Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Some interesting info from the 2017 ORBX Roadmap

It's specifically vague, but it's probably all three. DTG FS, XP11 and P3d x64. In any case, anyone sticking to 32 bit sims will be left in the dust.

Vendors that charge an upgrade fee are justified and I would gladly support.  I spend $200 for Global, Vector, LC (maybe I spend more?) and if they charge $50 to upgrade that is no big deal.  The real problem is someone like PMDG....buy for FSX, rebuy same product for P3D and now re- re buy for P3D 64bit.....they have us by the balls but this sucks!

• Upvote 8

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Vendors that charge an upgrade fee are justified and I would gladly support.  I spend $200 for Global, Vector, LC (maybe I spend more?) and if they charge $50 to upgrade that is no big deal.  The real problem is someone like PMDG....buy for FSX, rebuy same product for P3D and now re- re buy for P3D 64bit.....they have us by the balls but this sucks!

A2A is the same. Though they have been kind enough to offer reduced prices if you contact them direct, given you own the aircraft for another platform. 

Is nobody questioning the source for this? Where is it from and does anyone have a link?

I found it here 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127182-orbx-2017-roadmap/

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Project A -Oh, and it will be 64-bit.

Project D - Oh, and it will be 64-bit.

Project P -  Oh, and it will be 64-bit.

Project X - Oh, and it's 64-bit.

One of them is in the present tense!

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Project X - Oh, and it's 64-bit.

Nice catch and I agree now (I'm now biting my own tongue). This has to be X-Plane  :Tounge:

• Upvote 2

John has posted in the Orbx forums for years he will not support X-Plane.

I decided not to support Orbx.

I think XP11 is by far the BEST-out-of-the-box sim even in beta, but this is just MY preference.

• Upvote 1

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

My guess is also:

Project A = Aerofly

Project D = DTG

Project P = P3D

Project X = X-Plane

Why else would there be otherwise random letters assigned to "Projects"

Regardless, 2017 should be an interesting year for flight simmers.

• Upvote 2

What about Project "D" being for "DCS" ?

Projects "A" and "X" are almost surely for AEFS2 and XPlane ...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sounds like 2017 will be an interesting year!

All on the list above from one of the key players within our arena plus VR which I think will start playing a more and more dominant role for many of us in a not too distant future.

To me the future of flight simulation looks better than it did in a long time!

Going to be an expensive year - yes will be interesting -  I have no interest and re-paying for products and I have a ton -  thats  just me 

John has posted in the Orbx forums for years he will not support X-Plane.

I decided not to support Orbx.

I think XP11 is by far the BEST-out-of-the-box sim even in beta, but this is just MY preference.

1+ Except for high quality aircraft its lacking in that area - I think that will change in the future - hope sooner  than later 

Rich Sennett

DCS, no I think not.

Worldwide coverage, the next step, new experience. These all point to dovetails new sim far more than dcs. Plus they are already partnered with dovetail for fligtschool.

Chris

I have no interest and re-paying for products and I have a ton -  thats  just me 

+1

• Upvote 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080