Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

On the P3D forums someone claimed almost the same thing and was answered by LM itself: According to him anyone who runs SLI and Hotfix 2 without a problem is mistaken.

"I think you may have inadvertently disabled SLI, or you are running an older version of Prepar3D. The performance hit and UI flicker introduced in HF2 will require a client-side change to resolve.

Beau Hollis

Prepar3D Rendering System Lead"

We must be careful out of respect to the larger community to make certain that any of our performance statements and technical experience input is accurate. Otherwise confusion reigns and remedy delayed.

I hope that a solution is quickly forthcoming.

Kind regards,

I am on driver 376.33.  and P3D Professional 3.4.18.19475.    Windows 10 Pro v1607 Build 14393.576.  i3770k @ 4.4GHz  and 2x EVGA GTX 780 SC.  32GB RAM/12GB Ramdrive using Primocache.

EVGA Precision X v.6 is showing both cards being utilized.  However, on only one monitor at 1080 I am only getting a very steady 30fps.  GPU usage between 65 and 85 percent equalized to both cards, both of them getting hot in parallel graphs.   Going to 3 monitors at 5760 I get a kinda stuttery 28fps,  I don't know why.  I start AS16 with ASCA and the stutter goes away.   These are not my best framerates; I can usually get 45fps on 3 screens. *shrug*.  But it's smooth, and until now I didn't notice the decreased framerate.   I have most things maxed,   I'm in over Santa Barbara in a Carenado TBM, over Ultimate VFR Southern California (AWESOME! especially NIGHT LIGHTING) late afternoon, scattered clouds, a front in the distance.  So maybe I am seeing a performance hit.   I see waves lapping photoscenery as I'd expect.

Just restarted after entering ShowDeviceLostWarning=0  in the P3D.cfg, same startup situation, my current default.  Visibility much less now, <5nm I think, same framerate.  little bit of stutter.  hrmmnnn

Looks like that front moved in on top of me.  Looking at wundermap, yep it did.

I'm wondering where I'm being frame limited now.

Out of the front, smooth again. only 30fps though.

Love LM's thoughtfulness and responsiveness (yes, i see them as very responsible).

by Beau Hollis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:29 pm

All the known SLI issues are specific to Alternate Frame Rendering (AFR). If SLI is on, but AFR is not being used, you will likely not encounter the issues.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Rendering System Lead

Now to refresh my understanding of different SLI modes, and AFR.

Denali - 

This might help - 

https://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/content/technologies/desktop/sli.htm

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Love LM's thoughtfulness and responsiveness (yes, i see them as very responsible).

by Beau Hollis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:29 pm

All the known SLI issues are specific to Alternate Frame Rendering (AFR). If SLI is on, but AFR is not being used, you will likely not encounter the issues.
Beau Hollis

Prepar3D Rendering System Lead

Now to refresh my understanding of different SLI modes, and AFR.

That makes me even more loyal to the LM team. Tired of big egos, thin skins and temper tantrums!  :t0104:

Denali - 

This might help - 

https://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/content/technologies/desktop/sli.htm

Vic

Thank you Vic!

Question: How well does SFR work in P3D, and does anyone here volunteer to be a Guinea pig?

No offence meant to anyone from such a named place.

Kindest possible regards with warm thoughts of an untroubled stress free overabundance of FPS, :hi:

Question: How well does SFR work in P3D, and does anyone here volunteer to be a Guinea pig?

Stephen - When I initially set up my SLI there were lots of issues and I tried pretty much all the methods. Kept coming back to AFR. I found that the load was evenly split across both cards which resulted in better performance and significantly less heat. Up until this last driver issue and the P3D HF2 which affected everyone with SLI, I was fortunate in that I had no artifacts, etc.

Unless there is a compelling reason why AFR wouldn't run on a specific system, it appears to be the most efficient choice.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I moved back to 3.3.5 client with 3.4HF2 Content and 3.1 Scenery. I have to say that 3.3.5 and 3.4HF2 are both very identical in VAS usage and I suppose that LM merely rolled back a couple of items in HF2 to emulate 3.3.5 VAS behavior. Thus, in my understanding 3.4HF2 can be treated as equivalent for 3.3.5 in terms of VAS usage.

I'm going to reinstall 3.4HF2 from the scratch to fully get rid of various legacy anomalies from many installations. Also, I badly damaged my terrain.cfg which is non-recoverable at this point, so full reinstall is required now.

NB: Always keep a copy of your original terrain.cfg file somewhere safe. Unlike with p3d.cfg that can be easily recreated without pain, terrain.cfg is only recoverable on full install.  

Also, I badly damaged my terrain.cfg which is non-recoverable at this point, so full reinstall is required now.

Your terrain.cfg will regenerate (Re-Build) as default when you Delete\Rename it and then Launch prepar3D 

The following blue folders (Prepar3D Directories)  will ALL Regenerate as Default when you Delete them.  In fact you could Delete all 5 folders,  Launch Prepar3D and they will all generate as Default again.  Note: This action will Temporarily Disconnect your Add On's.

If you were having some Issues with your Sim-Set-Up this action will bring Prepar3D back to a Close Default state again, You would then add your Add On's back one by one and test as you go along for the problematic Add On.

You Would\Could do this first Before you do an Uninstall\Reinstall of Prepar3D 

► Libraries ► Documents ► Prepar3D v3 files \ Prepar3D v3 Add-ons

► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin 

► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin 

► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin

Your terrain.cfg will regenerate (Re-Build) as default when you Delete\Rename it and then Launch prepar3D 

The following blue folders (Prepar3D Directories)  will ALL Regenerate as Default when you Delete them.  In fact you could Delete all 5 folders,  Launch Prepar3D and they will all generate as Default again.  Note: This action will Temporarily Disconnect your Add On's.

If you were having some Issues with your Sim-Set-Up this action will bring Prepar3D back to a close Default state again,  You Would\Could do this first Before you do an Uninstall\Reinstall and then add your Add On's back in. 

► Libraries ► Documents ► Prepar3D v3 files \ Prepar3D v3 Add-ons

► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin 

► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin 

► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin

Thanks, it's good to know. I wish I was a Sticky

Hi Stefan,

ORBX Objectflow should update itself automatically when you first run the sim following the P3D '19475' Client update. Indeed all Objectflow updating is performed automatically, providing you have an Internet connection.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

I have done a complete reinstall of P3D.

And when i start P3D, they ask if i will update the objectflow.

This is not automatically.

Hi Stefan,

Well, okay, if you want to be strictly pedantic..lol Perhaps I should have said that the process is automatic up to the point where you have to give your permission to allow the update to proceed.

Regards,

Mike