Sign in to follow this  
PaintSplasher

THOPAT 1.0 | Preset for PTA2 | As real as it gets

@bic, @Mephic,

if you have some issues with your clouds, please try the new PTA2.03! The new Version come with a cloud bugfix.

@Jcannon

what system are you on with your p3d? Have you any tweaks in your prepar3d.cfg? The biggest impact are the shadows, but that depends on your settings. Try to lower you shadow settings and first switch vegetation cast and receive to off.

Welcome to Virtual Cargo International

Virtual Cargo International | A virtual cargo company

I notice that there's a darker circle on the ground around the airplane that extends out some miles...might be related to autogen lighting and LOD radius or, perhaps, cloud shadows?  If there's snow on the ground it's easy to see.  Using 2.03

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I notice that there's a darker circle on the ground around the airplane that extends out some miles...might be related to autogen lighting and LOD radius or, perhaps, cloud shadows?  If there's snow on the ground it's easy to see.  Using 2.03

Hi Greg, could you post this on the PTA forums?. I had one driver error when starting P3D after applying my preset in PTA v2.03. At least another user (Simmerhead) had a similar error when using TimePreview. I think we should make sure Yuri (KNOSSOS) is reading your post too.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Does this darker circle disappear when you untick "Clouds shadows depth" tweak or you not using this tweak at all?

Thanks

Does this darker circle disappear when you untick "Clouds shadows depth" tweak or you not using this tweak at all?

Thanks

At the moment I'm just using the latest THOPAT settings...haven't done any adjustments.......yet.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

At the moment I'm just using the latest THOPAT settings...haven't done any adjustments.......yet.

Got it. This preset using the "Clouds shadows depth" tweak. And it seems that tweak is still buggy at the moment (in any 2.0X PTA version).

I propose do not use it while I do additional testing.

And maybe I'll completely remove it from the tool in next bugfix release.

Regards,

Hi

I just tried this preset, and it looks really cool.

Only thing I'm having is my cloud shadow looks really like a line, no softness at all..

Any tips?

vkr

victor

Victor Roos

Which settings you're using for "Terrain to Receive Shadows"? 

We use 20.000m / 60.000m / 3.000m and it works really good.

And we have ThoPat1.3 in the queue, but waiting for next bugfix release from knossos, (regarding to "Clouds shadows depth-Tweak")

• Upvote 1

Got it. This preset using the "Clouds shadows depth" tweak. And it seems that tweak is still buggy at the moment (in any 2.0X PTA version).

I propose do not use it while I do additional testing.

And maybe I'll completely remove it from the tool in next bugfix release.

Regards,

this is with value of 0.7. PTA 2.3 tophat 1.2

N0SLERV.png

have unticked it as you suggested.

YLwwtBT.png

bob

Thank you for this preset - I really like the deep contract of shadows and light. 

I notice a side effect of a lot of cloud and terrain shadow shimmering along the shadow's edge.

Is this normal?

Is it just me or are late afternoon winter textures (at least over Idaho) extremely blue?  The cockpit looks great, but everything outside is like there's a blue filter applied over it.  Is this expected?

http://imgur.com/a/g436V

Pertinent Addons are AS16+ASCA+FTX Everything+REX Texture Direct 4 for water and a couple other things.

-stefan

Edit: Hmm, looking at it on a laptop it seems less blue.  Adjusting my monitor seems to be helping (Dell U3011, it somehow got on Game mode instead of either Adobe RGB or sRGB.  Both of those look fine.)

Ignore this, I think it's fixed.

Edit 2: It's still a little blue, but I'm guessing that's expected.  I might tone that down a bit.  IF anyone knows which specific settings to do, let me know I suppose.  Thanks!

Wow, that's blue.  Something's amiss.  Maybe restore your shaders and then load and reapply?

Gregg Seipp

I'll give that a shot.  With the sRGB preset things look pretty good.  IT's also a lot closer to dusk now and things look great on my flight from 65S->2W3

-stefan

@shortspecialbus, sorry to hear but this has nothing to do with our preset we don't added such big bluefilter or effect. It depends on your height, above 10000ft we added a bit. But thank you for your comment, we'll consider this effect in our new release, which will work perfect with PTA 2.04!

With regards to blueish stuff - try different sky textures. I think you use native ASCA ones which are simply horrible

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.