Sign in to follow this  
BigC208

Emuteq GNS530 support

Will it be compatible with the Emuteq 530? I got the hardware driver but it won't work in X-Plane 9 or 10. Looking forward to the new version. Using Simavio for now with the Emuteq but that looks atrocious and is slow compared to the RXP 530 software. Good to see you're back JP.

Hi, we have no special ties with the Emuteq hardware, as I think the available exported custom commands (XPlane) and/or the keyboard shortcuts (XPlane + FlightSim) were sufficient for this. If not, once released, we will have a look at this.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

YES, I have the Emuteq 530 hardware as well. No problems with FSX /P3D with Reality XP versions for those sims but Reality XP's X-plane 9/10 version with the most recent update I am unable to get it working on the Plugins list for a long time. Installed it correctly again from what I can tell. no luck, please help. Reality XP are you guys working on the new version for X-plane 11 and an update for the 9/10 version to fix this problem? 

thanks!

JP, I might be doing something wrong. When I program the GNS530 in X-Plane 9 or 10 it works with the default 530 that comes with X-Plane. I thought if I got the hardware driver X-Plane would recognise the Emuteq 530 but it does not.

but Reality XP's X-plane 9/10 version with the most recent update I am unable to get it working on the Plugins list for a long time.

Do you mean the most recent RXP GNS update (1.8) or the most recent XPlane update?

The current GNS (for XP9) has been updated to v1.8 and shall be somewhat compatible with XP10 32 bits (not supported).

The product we are about to release is a new GNS WAAS Simulation product, unrelated to the current one. It is entirely rewritten from scratch, will be compatible with both 64 and 32 bit simulators, and is targeting XP11/10/9 as well as FS-SEX9-3D. It will replace the current one which will no longer be offered. 

JP, I might be doing something wrong. When I program the GNS530 in X-Plane 9 or 10 it works with the default 530 that comes with X-Plane. I thought if I got the hardware driver X-Plane would recognise the Emuteq 530 but it does not.

I'm lost, can you please open a new thread and we'll follow there?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

RXP

YES most recent GNS update , still does not work... .  Since the beginning when I bought Reality XP's xplane version GNS530 software, never can get it to work on X plane 10 or demo 9 version. I gave up on Reality XP brand for any xplane version sim... I had to resort back to P3D to use my Emuteq 530. Frustrating...

I was wondering if there is support for the Emuteq GNS530 hardware. I bought the $99 hardware driver but X-Plane 9 and 10 don't recognise the Emuteq hardware. When I program the Emuteq GNS530 in X-Plane as a joystick it set's up the 530 that comes with X-Plane not the RXP530.

I've moved the posts to this dedicated thread, this might help following up better.

Now, I'm not familiar with the way the Emuteq hardware can be configured, but their website says:

http://www.emuteq.com/GNS530.html

Is the GNS compatible with FS2004, FSX and X-plane?
The hardware is compatible with the Reality XP software on FS2004 and FSX with compatibility for X-plane coming soon.

What you'll probably want to achieve is to configure the Emuteq hardware to issue X-Plane commands, and configure these commands to be the ones the RXP GNS plugin publishes ?!?

Hi

How do you obtain the V1.8 release? I've tried re-running the e-commerce installer and it's only offering the old 1.6.0.1 version from 2012.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

you just have to download the e-commerce installer from our website store page to get the latest, then reinstall with your purchase key.

I figured it out. No hardware driver needed for XPlane. There's a custom setup page for the RXP software. The Emuteq GNS hardware is seen as a joystick and can be programmed.

Can someone assist, I have an Emuteq 530 hardware unit and when operating Windows 7 and FSx (not Steam) the whole unit was operating fine, I then upgraded to Windows 10 and only parts of the 530 unit press Key functionality works. I have been emailing Emuteq but no answer from them in over a month.

The same issues arise as with the Win+ Keys etc when some buttons are pressed and other Keys do nothing. The only way is using the mouse with the software display.

I have modified the RXPGNS.INI along with the FSUIPC (all licensed) as per the Emuteq website and still not properly working.

Is there an explanation as to this issue, is the a work around other than get rid of Windows 10 and go back to 7  

Can someone assist, I have an Emuteq 530 hardware unit and when operating Windows 7 and FSx (not Steam) the whole unit was operating fine, I then upgraded to Windows 10 and only parts of the 530 unit press Key functionality works. I have been emailing Emuteq but no answer from them in over a month.

The same issues arise as with the Win+ Keys etc when some buttons are pressed and other Keys do nothing. The only way is using the mouse with the software display.

I have modified the RXPGNS.INI along with the FSUIPC (all licensed) as per the Emuteq website and still not properly working.

Is there an explanation as to this issue, is the a work around other than get rid of Windows 10 and go back to 7  

I had the same problem and the only way to fix it was to wipe clean my drive and reinstall Win 7 and never go to Win 10. Win 10 has similar commands as the software for GNS530 and it conflicted. Also, other hardware I have was not compatible with Win 10, Win 7 runs perfect.

The Emuteq seems to use a 'config' file of some sort where the keyboard shortcuts are configured. It seems the command format is not documented but there should be a way to obtain a doc for this, or, it might come with the tool to custom config your own shortcuts? Then it seems it send these to FSUIPC, which you configure to send keystrokes to X-Plane, then our GNS gets notified of these keystrokes and if configured accordingly, will react to the commands.

As long as you either or both configure the Emuteq config and the FSUIPC config to send other commands they both agree on (that is without the WIN modifier and/or any combination that suits you) there should be little problem making it work?

I'd like to assist more with this but we don't have the hardware, and we are quite swamped with all the releases for now. It shouldn't be too difficult though!?!