Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

SLI Issues - LM have responded. Help needed.

Well, this was interesting. I'm currently using Nvidia 372.80 as my driver. It works fine with SLI and there is no flashing of smoke, etc.

Just installed the new client and notice that the menu's and red text are flashing and the FPS is a stuttering mess that matched the flashing. Tried the various rebuild cfg, shaders, dll.xmlfiles etc and found that if I disabled SLI - the flashing stopped. Tried several different drivers including 373.09 which Rob says works for him and the latest 376.33. They ALL have the flashing and severe stuttering.

I'll keep going back through earlier drivers to see if I can find one that works with SLI.

Other than that I haven't had a chance to test anything else.

Anyone else running SLI notice this issue?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yup   Update broke mine so I'm trying to figure out how to fix it.  Mine is Hanging on exit and now it won't even start.   Guess I Should have waited.

Mine sometimes hangs on start - after selection load gets to 100% but never displays the graphics. If I disable SLI, no issue. Something is really affecting the graphics system, IMHO.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have a clean Windows 10 and most recent NVidia driver on 2 GTX 780s, running 5760 x 1080, and it's smoother than it's ever been.  I don't have a display telling me SLI is on yet, but it's the best it's ever been, like butter sliding down glass. 

I already posted the issue at LM but just to add my voice here it has broken my SLI setup of 2x980Ti. Back to version 3.4.14 for me.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing  :smile:

I just might skip this HF for now

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I don't have SLi, but this piece of information from LM might be of interest to you:

By Beau Hollis:

Nvidia is aware of the issues with the latest driver are looking into it. We added a new check each frame to query the GPU to see if there was a driver crash. We are not aware of any issues calling this each frame in SLI, but we did add a configuration option to disable the check in case there were any side effects on specific gpu/driver combinations.

To disable the GPU driver crash check:
CODE: SELECT ALL
-------------------------------------
Prepar3D.cfg
-------------------------------------
[graphics]
ShowDeviceLostWarning=0
------------------------------------

Thanks

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&p=149173#p149173

Phew, that was close! Nearly performed the update last night in the hope that this might be the last for a while and I could relax into 32bit P3D 'nirvana', but thought instead, and as usual, it would be better to wait until the dust settles.

After a period of relative bliss, this SLI business is now turning into a real mess and, it seems, both LM and NVIDIA are failing us big time. The former through apparent lack of testing their latest update under SLI conditions and the latter, well, 'nuff said. On the positive side, perhaps this development will encourage their joint cooperation towards fixing these issues once and for all. Every cloud may indeed have a silver lining!

Beau Hollis has posted today on LM P3D forum:

Nvidia is aware of the issues with the latest driver are looking into it. We added a new check each frame to query the GPU to see if there was a driver crash. We are not aware of any issues calling this each frame in SLI, but we did add a configuration option to disable the check in case there were any side effects on specific gpu/driver combinations.

However, this response may not relate to the other issues being experienced. It really is disappointing that they have not felt able to respond, in any meaningful sense, to our concerns. While the thread under my recent post requesting clarification appears to have attracted some interest there has been no contributions from LM about the current situation as they understand it to be. All we really need to know is that NVIDIA are genuinely taking these matters seriously and are endeavouring to deliver a solution.

Mike

Flashing and a stuttering shimmering mess with SLI broken (and apparently everything else). I reverted back to former install and client and have fortunately been able to reverse course and restore.

Yes, LM has broken SLI with the latest release.

Kindest regards,

Not exactly what is the subject in here, but i think Nvidia is not focusing anymore in SLI tecnology. If you go in Nvidia forum you will see a lot of peopple complaining about SLI issues, much more than people with single gpu´s. I had a 2x980 SLI in here and upgraded to a single 1080 superclocked. And didn´t have anymore headaches with video settings, performance lost, etc... My P3D works great with pretty demanding addons. So my advice is: don´t put SLI in your plans anymore for the future. The probability that you´re going only to waste money is growing.

Sorry to drift a bit from the subject, but i think it has some relevance to the theme. :Cuppa:

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hi Flavio,

You may be right and, certainly, you are not alone in believing NVIDIA are turning their backs on those of us who trusted them to provide ongoing support when we chose to go down their promoted SLI route. It may not go down well but, hey, who cares when I reiterate those thoughts expressed on the LM P3D Forum. NVIDIA still have obligations which need to be met for everyone who have supported their business by purchasing their GPUs. Yes, changes are no doubt afoot with the advent of Windows 10/DX12, but for the next few years the relevance palls in the face of the requirements of the existing majority who are preferring to remain with Windows 7/8,8.1. Of those a significant minority have chosen to build multi-GPU based systems. Perhaps ironically the fact that these issues are also affecting Windows 10 users might waken them out of their *self-induced torpor and stimulate the necessary action to implement those much needed fixes. We can but hope, but my heart tells me that, as is often the case, stubbornness and/or corporate denial will get in the way unless, of course, we show a desire and determination to keep up the pressure.

*Edit: I may, of course, be quite wrong about this but, in the absence of a willingness to provide information to the contrary, what am I supposed to believe?

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

Strange.  I have a completely new build: Windows, Nvidia, and P3D up to yesterday.  I had a problem with SLI not working before, but now I am getting amazing smoothness.  Placebo because of new system?  But missing SLI is very noticeable.   And the waves issue went away too.  You know, MS is a big cog in this machine too ...

In fact I am noticing other "stutters" in the Windows itself in this brand new build.  Windows itself is not as fluid, and chrome is particularly sticky.   *shrug*

Anyone who have tried this new SLI Hotfix driver (Prepar3D is not mentioned but....)? with 3.4 Hotfix 2 ?

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4288

Thanks 

Michael Moe

Have tried this morning the 376.48 on Hotfix 1 without success : flickering beacon, shorewaves...)

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio