Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

SLI Issues - LM have responded. Help needed.

In the release note we can read that Nvidia has corrected the flickeing with  SLI on BF1...

I keep hope =)

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

My post in the LM forums reproduced below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I still maintain that this is not a driver issue I gave 376.48 a go and no change - SLI still broken.

I hadn't said in my OP that another symptom is hanging at 100% loading stage on some app starts but not all.

There seems to be some confusion (both in these forums and at avsim) over this latest 3.4.18 issue and it is getting incorrectly associated with the existing known SLI issue which DOES appear to be driver related (as using older driver solves it). With this NEW issue it does not matter what driver you use AND the symptoms are more severe (i.e. it renders the sim in SLI as UNUSEABLE!) and includes, but is not limited to, single digit fps, flashing red info text (corner text), flashing menus and so on. The EXISTING issue appeared to be limited to effects such as contrails, smoke, etc.

It would be good for LM to at least acknowledge this new issue - as it stands our choice is to no longer update Prepar3d or not use an expensive second graphics which I (and probably many others) bought especially for Prepar3d. Of course given the time of year and the fact that we can still use 3.4.14 this urgency is reduced so Happy Holidays LM Prepar3d Team and here's to a solution in 2017 (early!).

andy
boez

I join the Rebel Alliance. It won't surprised anyone but same issue here : SLI is broken after HotFix 2 and even with the 376.48 nvidia hotfix.

Just to keep the thread alive...

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I still maintain that this is not a driver issue I gave 376.48 a go and no change - SLI still broken.

I hadn't said in my OP that another symptom is hanging at 100% loading stage on some app starts but not all.

There seems to be some confusion (both in these forums and at avsim) over this latest 3.4.18 issue and it is getting incorrectly associated with the existing known SLI issue which DOES appear to be driver related (as using older driver solves it). With this NEW issue it does not matter what driver you use AND the symptoms are more severe (i.e. it renders the sim in SLI as UNUSEABLE!) and includes, but is not limited to, single digit fps, flashing red info text (corner text), flashing menus and so on. The EXISTING issue appeared to be limited to effects such as contrails, smoke, etc.

It would be good for LM to at least acknowledge this new issue - as it stands our choice is to no longer update Prepar3d or not use an expensive second graphics which I (and probably many others) bought especially for Prepar3d. Of course given the time of year and the fact that we can still use 3.4.14 this urgency is reduced so Happy Holidays LM Prepar3d Team and here's to a solution in 2017 (early!).

andy

boez

I join the Rebel Alliance. It won't surprised anyone but same issue here : SLI is broken after HotFix 2 and even with the 376.48 nvidia hotfix.

Just to keep the thread alive...

We shall fight them on the beaches! We shall fight them on the fields! We shall fight them in the cities... We shall NEVER surrender! :hi: 

Kind regards and Happy New Year!

We shall fight them on the beaches! We shall fight them on the fields! We shall fight them in the cities... We shall NEVER surrender!  

Stephen - you have WAY too much free time on your hands!

A Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to you!

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Black panters are with us !

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

Rottweilers of course : make more noise and keep sheeps at their right place ;)

• Upvote 1

andy

boez

Still a crippling issue for those with SLI. The last P3D hotfix broke the sim completely! The only way to still use it is to either roll back to 3.4.14 and use older Nvidia drivers. 

Happy New Year to everyone everywhere!

I do not see where anyone here tried the possible solution provided by Beau Hollis (quote provided here by Afterburner at the following link - http://www.avsim.com/topic/500111-p3d-update-broke-working-sli/#entry3532308).  It sounds simple.  You just turn off a switch in the P3D.cfg.  It might also be valuable to see a Crash Report or Event Viewer report if one was generated. 

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I do not see where anyone here tried the possible solution provided by Beau Hollis (quote provided here by Afterburner at the following link - http://www.avsim.com/topic/500111-p3d-update-broke-working-sli/#entry3532308).  It sounds simple.  You just turn off a switch in the P3D.cfg.  It might also be valuable to see a Crash Report or Event Viewer report if one was generated. 

Best regards,

Jim

I forgot, as many obviously, to report that the "ShowDeviceLostWarning=0" prepar3D.cfg entry isnt' helpful at all when SLI is ON. 

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Correct. I posted that to Beau in the LM forum. Has no effect at all on this issue.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Best regards,

Jim

Thank you Jim.

It was mentioned elsewhere earlier, but I have not gone looking for it. I tried it too, and it does not solve or effect the problem.

With SLI, and the Hotfix (2) P3D is completely broken.

...and that is nearly an understatement.

Happy New Year one and all.

Edit: No one seems to get it but keep thinking it is somehow related to the widely reported (pre-Hotfix 2) flashing effect. Although that flashing problem remains unaddressed and unresolved, and is possibly interrelated, it is not the same thing! 

It is far and away much more serious than that and has destroyed P3D in SLI format. As such it should at least receive positive acknowledgment and probable problem accreditation from those who may be in a position to influence those that can render the highest problem solving priority.

This is devastating to our flight simulators. We need help, not incredulous reactions, no offence intended to anyone, and with good cheer and best wishes to all.  :hi:

Happy New Year one and all.
Edit: No one seems to get it but keep thinking it is somehow related to the widely reported (pre-Hotfix 2) flashing effect. Although that flashing problem remains unaddressed and unresolved, and is possibly interrelated, it is not the same thing!
It is far and away much more serious than that and has destroyed P3D in SLI format. As such it should at least receive positive acknowledgment and probable problem accreditation from those who may be in a position to influence those that can render the highest problem solving priority.
This is devastating to our flight simulators. We need help, not incredulous reactions, no offence intended to anyone, and with good cheer and best wishes to all.

Happy New Year Stephen!  Looks like you might get some snow up there in Canada in your location for the New Year!

I know how bad it can get when you suddenly have a crash or freeze in P3D and can't find a resolution.  I know it is the same for those getting this flashing effect when using SLI.  I'm trying to stay poor so I don't ever have to worry about having more than one

video card. :smile:  At least P3D with the latest hotfix is working for those who have only one video card (at least for me!).  Hope you get it fixed soon and you can start out the New Year enjoying P3D.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you Jim!

Your understanding and moral support is most hopeful that efforts to validate and solve our SLI problem will become a prioity at P3D and Nvidia.

I can't help but think that there must be thousands of SLI users stuck in the muck, so to speak.

Just went out and shovelled a bit of frozen sunshine. I need my P3D running right in order to fly out of here to points south! Thank you Jim for your encouragment!

Kindest regards and Happy New Year to you and the AVSIM Team and BOD,