Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Captain Sim 24 hour sale

All Captain Sim products are currently on sale for 9.99USD but only for 24 hours. If you do not have their C130 and F104, you are missing two of the best products ever produced for FS9.

I also have their 757 which is far superior to the QW 757 but the Herkybird and Starfighter are absolutely unique and in a class all of their own....

For less than ten bucks, you would be crazy not to get these deals while they are available. Both the C130 and F104 have zero issues with FS9 running on Win 7 or Win10 and have fabulous graphics with no impact on FPS that I have ever noticed. 

I fly these two frequently and after having them for probably six or more years, I can tell you that I still enjoy them immensely... Both of them have a VC that is so good it's hard to tell sometimes whether you're in 2D or 3D mode and both have some unique features that add enjoyment in addition to just flying them. I will warn you that if you fly the F104 in realistic mode, you will find that it will live up to its real-life reputation as a pilot-killer but that's part of the fun. (The crash graphics are pretty good too - I've seen them often! lol) The Herk on the other hand is a sweetheart to fly...

Cheers

Ian

Warning - their Mig21 was excellent in FS2002 and is listed as an FS9 product, but I don't think it actually works in FS9...

I wish I could get the C-130 installed on computer (it will not install on Windows 7). I really miss that plane.

No, the MiG21 worked excellently in FS2004. Unfortunately I lost mine somewhere, can't find it on any backup medium. Even the dated Yak3 is a very neat little plane and excellent fun to fly.  I recently dumped the CS727 for the Dreamfleet offering though. Shame CS discintinued the L39 though, never got my hands on a copy. That's one plane I'd dearly like to have, same as the Microsimulator Tweety (which I also managed to lose over the years).

Good luck with the Capt.  You will most certainly need it.  Refunds are given only after a laundry list of (ineffective) fixes are suggested by them... and then they charge an administration fee for processing it.  Look at the number of complaints found when you search "Capt. Sim problems".  Also be aware that older titles have not been upgraded to support newer operating systems...nothing later than XP.

Too bad the C-130 doesn't work with Prepared only for that I would get it

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Bought their 777 for P3D and the freight expansion pack. All I can say is that for $20 I am very pleased. It isn;t PMDG but I don't want to spent $135 on an airframe that is occasionally used. 

I like it and think it was $20 well spend. 

• Upvote 1

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

I have the old Just Flight 757 Captain for FSX (not the F-lite one and supposedly developed by Captain Sim), does anyone know if there is a difference between this and the Captain Sim version? I am thinking of picking this up if it is a better package. I have pretty much everything else of theirs so this may be it.

Cheers, Pete

Sorry - wrong forum.

Edited by psolov

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Good luck with the Capt. You will most certainly need it. Refunds are given only after a laundry list of (ineffective) fixes are suggested by them... and then they charge an administration fee for processing it. Look at the number of complaints found when you search "Capt. Sim problems". Also be aware that older titles have not been upgraded to support newer operating systems...nothing later than XP.

I respectfuly disagree. I've been using CS products for over ten years Started with their Mig 21 on FS2002 and I still use their F104G and C130 in FS9 on a regular basis - worked fine on Windows 7 and they continue to work fine on Windows 10. And yes, I've heard the horror stories about customer service, but my experience has been the complete opposite. I have always found them helpful and courteous. Remember that they are a company that is from a different culture to our usual European and American developers and in the early years, their English speaking skills were not as developed as they are now. I think that led to some miscommunication issues.

There are always two different sides to every argument and I don't expect to change your mind, but I do want you and other readers to know that in over a decade of purchasing CS products, I have not had a single negative experience. I use their C130, F104, 707 and 757 in FS9 running on Windows 10 (previously on 7) with NO issues at all, and use their 737 in FSX-SE where it works superbly. It is now being joined by the 727, 777, C130 and 707 and I got all of those for less money than it would cost me to take my kids out to lunch at McDonalds..... And I have found that Tanya, who is their director of customer support is delightful - courteous, prompt and fair...

I'm not going to reply to any comments - this is an issue that's been beaten to death over the years and there's no point in continuing it. But I felt it would be a shame for simmers to miss out on an incredible deal because of the negative experiences of some people... I don't deny the validity of what you say - if that's what you've experienced then you have every right to say so. But it is NOT what I and many others have experienced. If it was, Captain Sim would have gone out of business long ago....

There's only a few hours of the sale left to go - for $10, you still have a chance to get an incredible deal and join the majority of customers of Captain Sim who have high regard for their products and their service

• Upvote 1

Sale has been completed, so if you missed you'll have to wait until next year.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's 2 years in a row that I've been traveling when they had the sale. Maybe next year.

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

You don't have to respond  to me, but next time you talk to CS please ask them how my money is.  They've still got it, and I have nothing to show for it.  Here in the U.S. that kind of business behavior is frowned upon.  Instead of beating the drum for them, how about sharing your procedure for installing the C-130 in Windows 10?  Tell us and then tell them, because after taking my money they told be that their software does not support Windows 10.  I think PayPal might get their attention. :Shame On You:

For $10 I took a chance and purchased the Legendary F-104.  I am happy to report that I had absolutely no problems installing it on my Windows 7 64-bit computer.  In another thread I reported the many issues I had installing the C-130 (which I found a work around and got it up and running) but I am happy to say no issues whatsoever with the F-104.  Go figure.   Despite the age of this product is is still a very nice model even by modern standards.  I am glad I took Ian's advice!  Thanks for the heads-up.

Greg

Sale's over and so is the topic.

Glad you got the F-104 Greg. Don't let your airspeed drop below 200 kts and keep power up until you're on the ground and you should survive most of your landings! LOL It's a beast to land but if you fly a steady approach, keep your airspeed up and only when you're on the ground, close the throttle and pop the chute and speed brakes you should be fine. When you succeed it's a great feeling of accomplishment. The real thing killed a lot of pilots, especially the Luftwaffe which had a horrendous loss rate in the first few years they operated it.

I purchased the 727-100 and 200 expansion pack. I love the aircraft too bad it doesn't have auto throttle

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM