Sign in to follow this  
petaypan

MD11 Tutorial

Hi I am trying to do the md11 tutorial flight.

It says to use EGLL gate 212 but i don't have gate 212 and was wondering which EGLL scenery has this gate.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Hi I am trying to do the md11 tutorial flight.

It says to use EGLL gate 212 but i don't have gate 212 and was wondering which EGLL scenery has this gate.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Hi Pete,

It is a great tutorial to get you up to speed for the old girl. At the end of the tutorial is a note regarding the sceneries used: I have both these sceneries and are both very good.

"Available scenery add-ons for FSX Should you want to make this tutorial flight more real regarding the scenery you might want to look for the following two airport products: London Heathrow Mega Airport London-Heathrow X by Simwings / Aerosoft - www.aerosoft.com Zürich Zürich Airport LSZH by FSDreamTeam - www.fsdreamteam.com"

There is also an advanced tutorial, so try and do this when you complete the first tutorial. Briefly, "You will depart Chicago O’Hare International Airport (KORD) on a winter afternoon heading for New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport (KJFK)" Both these sceneries were from FSDT. 

Geoff Bryce

There are several items in the tutorial that are out of date. I used gate 218 in the UK2000 EGGL Extreme, because I prefer that scenery to the Aerosoft version.. It really doesn't matter what gate you use as long as it is classed as "Heavy". Also, neither the SID nor STAR used exist in today's AIRAC, nor the does the UL3 connection, so you will have to fix that as well.

David Jones