Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Blank Screen problem

Hi all.

Today after a week of flying the new 747v3 I decided to load up my trusty MD11 and take that for a spin. However after loading up the aircraft I find that all the six main screens are black with green X's across them.

Now I had just flown the 747, so wondered if the sim hadn't quite shut down properly before reloading the MD-11. However no I tried three times and each time just green X's. 

I did some searching on Google and the best answer I can find is that it is some kind of anti piracy device within the MD-11 addon. If this is the case I have no idea why it should have suddenly just been triggered, my version of the MD-11 has been on my sim for the last six years with no issues at all. Is it possible that the new install of the 747v3 with everything now running through the PMDG action centre has somehow invalidated my install of the MD-11.

So what can I do to rectify the issue? Do I have to re-install the whole aircraft again along with any addon paints I have, or is there something else the issue causing my problem.

Thanks for any help and hoping to get back in the MD-11 very shortly.

Regards.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi,

Please ignore this post as I sorted out the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling afresh, all ok now

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I encountered the same thing after I moved FS9 from one disk to another on the same machine. Licensing on this one is very sensitive - like you, I found that an uninstall and reinstall took care of the problem.

David Jones