Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Hi,

Now you can fly any user aircraft in Prepar3D with live traffic! My program PSXseeconTraffic version 5.0 is available as public beta.

PSXseeconTraffic is free if not used commercially. You only need a license for the windows version (3Mb) of this real traffic stream program: [link removed], at low costs per year.

For more information check my website [link removed]

Please study the Manual carefully, because you need to configure Simconnect, AI liveries, and so on.

Nico

Edited by Jim Young
Removed links.
  • Upvote 2

wow, if this works as advertised you are going to be my hero! Gonna give it a try this weekend

thanks for creating this!

Just a quick one (without reading any documentation): As it injects its own traffic into P3D, will we still be able to control the amount of traffic via tools like FSUIPC or traffic manager?

Pretty cool. I'm interested in the following note mentioned on the traffic software: 

Note: You are purchasing the software, not the traffic data! Traffic data is provided on a best effort basis and cannot be guaranteed to be up to date or available at all times!

Is this limited to PSX or will us FSX and P3D users also experience this (bringing us back to what several AI software already do)? Since the data is collated and transmitted via ADS-B channels, I suppose the outdated information will only be relayed when one of the ADS-B receivers is out of service in that particular area or have I completely misunderstood what the note is referring to?

Does it use it's own traffic or will it work with likes of UT2?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

just stumbled over the following: 

PSX internally is able to handle 7 aircraft near your position, so the nearest 7 traffic targets are injected into PSX so that they can appear in the TCAS system.

Does this limitation also apply to P3D/FSX?

Mike, see here: http://www.lekseecon.nl/VMRGenerator.html

Seem to be working with UT2 and other traffic addons. Guess you just need to link your existing AI traffic models and liveries, similar to VPilot

This is a superb addon . I had the opportunity to be one of the beta testers.

I am using My Traffic but you can also use UT2.

You will see aircraft landing and taking off like it happens at that time in reality.

RealTraffic uses live data like Flightradar24 does.

The moment a real aircraft sets its transponder the aircraft appears.

The program also parks aircraft at the gates.

I am using 35% ( default ) for every airport. Eg : Schiphol has almost 250 parking spots , so I am looking at more than 80 parked aircraft.Framerate loss : less than 1 fps...  

Yoiu only have to buy a 10 dollar license for RealTraffic...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

You will see aircraft landing and taking off like it happens at that time in reality.

I am using 35% ( default ) for every airport. Eg : Schiphol has almost 250 parking spots , so I am looking at more than 80 parked aircraft.Framerate loss : less than 1 fps...  

Ok, given your forum reputation you seem to be a trustworthy member ;) Wasnt too keen first to pay for a full 1 year license before being able to try it. But after your positive feedback i'll get a license this weekend :)

can you please just confirm that the 7 plane limitation doesnt apply to P3D? 

And two more questions: Is AI Traffic following the same DEP and APP procedures as its real life counterpart? And what about historical date settings in the sim?

Thanks

Lars 

+1 Thanks mate, will look into this.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

What do they mean by "Traffic data may not be available at all times? "  And is there a charge for the traffic data? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Ok, given your forum reputation you seem to be a trustworthy member ;) Wasnt too keen first to pay for a full 1 year license before being able to try it. But after your positive feedback i'll get a license this weekend :)

And two more questions: Is AI Traffic following the same DEP and APP procedures as its real life counterpart? And what about historical date settings in the sim?

Thanks

Lars 

i will also join sounds realy cool

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

What do they mean by "Traffic data may not be available at all times? "  And is there a charge for the traffic data? 

12 month license (all platforms) USD $9.99

You will instantly receive your license via email. If you do not receive a license within 5 minutes, please email balt at inside.net.

Note: You are purchasing the software, not the traffic data! Traffic data is provided on a best effort basis and cannot be guaranteed to be up to date or available at all times!

Just a quick one (without reading any documentation): As it injects its own traffic into P3D, will we still be able to control the amount of traffic via tools like FSUIPC or traffic manager?

In the documentation: you cannot use any other tools at the same time; but why would you? It would disturb the real live traffic. 

It does not come with AI liveries, you can use as many AI packages as you like. 

There is no limitation to the number of Live AI Traffic in P3D/FSX; around Heathrow I get upo to 90 aircraft. For the max 7 aircraft that are the nearest ones to your aircraft, information is given about their call sign, position relative to you, and so on. These are probably the ones that show up in your Navigational Displays (at least with Aerowinx PSX and with Prosim B738).

Nico

In the documentation: you cannot use any other tools at the same time; but why would you? It would disturb the real live traffic. 

There is no limitation to the number of Live AI Traffic in P3D/FSX; around Heathrow I get upo to 90 aircraft. For the the max 7 aircraft that are the n earest ones to your aircraft, information is given about their call sign, position relative to you, and so on. These are probably the ones that show up in your Navigational Displays (at least with Aerowinx PSX and with Prosim B738).

Nico

Never mind, i was asking if its possible to limit the number of AI aircraft, as this is important to keep VAS usage in check, especially when flying the FSLabs Airbus into major Airports. But Gerard answered this question already, looks like the traffic slider in P3D still controls the amount of traffic shown

And thanks for clarifying the 7 aircraft limit

There is no limitation to the number of live traffic in P3D/FSX, see my previous post.

The live traffic is -of course- following the real SIDs and STARS....  If a real aircraft makes a Go-around, you will see that in your sim too! :-)

There is no historical data in use, just live data, it's like you watch FlightRadar24.

Never mind, i was asking if its possible to limit the number of AI aircraft, as this is important to keep VAS usage in check, especially when flying the FSLabs Airbus into major Airports. But Gerard answered this question already, looks like the traffic slider in P3D still controls the amount of traffic shown

And thanks for clarifying the 7 aircraft limit

No, you should set the Traffic Slider in P3D/FSX to 0%! See the documentation. During beta testing we have not had any problems with VAS. 

And do note that PSXseeconTraffic has already been up and running for PSX for more then a year.

Nico