Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

XPL "Enriched autogen"

9 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

With increased market size for XP11 it's probably about time for you to seriously think about going pay ware Tony, no...?

Yep, no arguments from me. 

• Upvote 1

Hi There,

I would like to give this a try and have downloaded the relevant files for the UK. I am not sure how to build the overlay for the entire country. I thought you would have to manually select all the tiles that cover the UK and then hit batch build. I am trying this now and it seems to be compiling all the Ortho tiles for the UK. I have selected the defaul X-plane 11 global scenery folder as my source for the overlay.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to create just the relevant overlay files for a certain area without going through the lengthy process of building full Ortho files

Regards

Richard

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

That`s also what i want to know for batch processing. Hence my question for the settings of Ortho4XP.

But for UK i would recommend the great scenery by Tony

Just don't choose an imagery source and it won't download anything but will still generate the overlay.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, tonywob said:

Just don't choose an imagery source and it won't download anything but will still generate the overlay.

How do you do that?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

18 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Select the imagery source as "none" in the main window.

Hi Tony,

Thank you,

This works now using the Batch Build option. Is it better to use the HDMesh folder as a source for the overlay or the default X-Plane 11 Global Scenery folder? I thought X-Plane's global scenery folder contained newer information

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I placed some scenery in the Custom scenery folder of XP11. But when I start I get errors??

I miss libraries or something? Which do I need? The guy only uploaded sceneries no libraries?

Where do I download yOrtho4XP Overlays ... or something like that?

Edit: got it.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Where did you download them from?

Thanks.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

5 hours ago, Richdem said:

Is it better to use the HDMesh folder as a source for the overlay or the default X-Plane 11 Global Scenery folder?

Hmmm, that depends. 90% of the time I'd choose HD Mesh (which is about a year old). I don't think you get the EU artwork if you choose HD Mesh, so really depends. In the US, I'd choose HD mesh 

Edit: I'd expect the final version of XP11 to include better data (especially regarding heights), some maybe wait it out.

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

Hmmm, that depends. 90% of the time I'd choose HD Mesh (which is about a year old). I don't think you get the EU artwork if you choose HD Mesh, so really depends. In the US, I'd choose HD mesh 

Edit: I'd expect the final version of XP11 to include better data (especially regarding heights), some maybe wait it out.

Thanks Tony,

I just created overlays for the whole of the UK using HDMesh V3,

Going to test it out now :)

From what I have seen the default mesh of X-Plane 11 is actually quite nice. I haven't felt the need to add any HD Mesh. This way Ido not have to push my GTX 980TI Strix over the edge

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

I just completed my first flight from Edinburgh (EGPH) to Southampton (EGHI) in the IXEG 737

Wow I have never seen X-Plane looking so alive. This really does have some potential. On departure from Edinburgh I saw windturbines that were actually turning and then on approach to EGHI the whole area just looked alive. Maybe I will upgrade to PB12 while I am creating some overlays for Austria :)

It is going to be a late night lol

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

13 minutes ago, Malombroso said:

Hi... Is this compatible with the recently released X-Europe? Or they do basically the same thing?

they aim to do the same thing, only X-Europe will also re arrange the autogen building according to real live locations. The disadvantage for using X-Europe over non photo scenery is that it got rid of the ground textures (gardens, hays, ...), so the buildings stand out more when using normal land class scenery. It works wonders with ortho4xp generated scenery.

• Upvote 1