Sign in to follow this  
ghaithgarraouia

Deslect vs Disconnect Autothrottle (Arm mode and Go Around)

In gusty, high wind conditions the A/T has a hard time on Final maintaining speed and

It does, but my hand is on the levers keeping them where I want them, not necessarily where the A/T want's them.

Out of curiosity Matt and Joe how do you guys deal with Windshear Escape in AA? We recently changed our procedure. We use to disconnect the A/T immediately but we now.

1. PUSH TO/GA

2. MAX THRUST

3. DISCONNECT A/T

etc etc....

It's the same.

Out of curiosity Matt and Joe how do you guys deal with Windshear Escape in AA? We recently changed our procedure. We use to disconnect the A/T immediately but we now.

I'm actually at ALK, Sam.

A/T & A/P Disconnect

TOGA Press

Pitch 15 & Max Power

Speedbrake Down

Matt Cee

FWIW on approach in my flight last night I clicked off the speed button as opposed to turning off the A/T and like the OP said it went into ARM mode and I was able to control the throttle manually all the way down. When it came time to go around clicking TOGA the A/T came back to life and took care of the thrust for me.

Unrealistic, sure... overthinking... probably... but it suits my needs perfect. Thanks to the original poster I've learned something with this thread and will incorporate it into my "custom" standard operating procedures.

21 hours ago, Nick Dobda said:

Thanks to the original poster I've learned something with this thread and will incorporate it into my "custom" standard operating procedures.

You're welcome Nick. Well TBH, at first, I thought disconnecting by pushing down the A/T switch on the MCP (instead of pushing the buttons on the thrust lever), is responsible for the A/T to be on Arm mode but it turned out pushing the Speed button on the MCP is the one.
My problem is when I push the Speed button and the A/T is in the Arm mode I can only control thrust by the F1,F2,F3,F4 keys on the keyboard but when the A/T is totally disconnected I can control the thrust with my own thrust levers (THrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X).

Am I the only one having this issue? Thanks.

It depends on what you have set in the options for the plane. You can have have your hardware throttles override the sim always, in hold mode and never. You may have it set to never. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

16 hours ago, ghaithgarraouia said:

You're welcome Nick. Well TBH, at first, I thought disconnecting by pushing down the A/T switch on the MCP (instead of pushing the buttons on the thrust lever), is responsible for the A/T to be on Arm mode but it turned out pushing the Speed button on the MCP is the one.
My problem is when I push the Speed button and the A/T is in the Arm mode I can only control thrust by the F1,F2,F3,F4 keys on the keyboard but when the A/T is totally disconnected I can control the thrust with my own thrust levers (THrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X).

Am I the only one having this issue? Thanks.

Weird, only in arm can I control thrust... As in I have to deselect the speed as you found. If it's not in arm my lever positions do not override. There is a setting to display your hardware position vs the actual thrust position that pmdg programmed in to help, and at all times my levers are being read by the software, but only in a/t off or arm do the hardware levers actually control the thrust.

on takeoff, I'll hit the toga and auto throttle takes over and it throttles up... I'll have to push the levers up to match the a/t thrust setting.. This is because eventually arm will kick on and it will look to your hardware for the thrust. 

Pmdg put some thought behind the fact that home hardware doesn't have motors to move the throttle. That speed off / arm deal you found is a nice work around in my opinion for landings.

On 25/02/2017 at 4:51 PM, Ralgh said:

It depends on what you have set in the options for the plane. You can have have your hardware throttles override the sim always, in hold mode and never. You may have it set to never. 

Exactly Ralgh, that was the issue. It was set to Never and I changed it to when on Arm mode. and it works now. Thank you very much.