Sign in to follow this  
alex1121

ILS frequencies and course not correct

Hello everybody,

today i was flying from EHAM to EKBI (EHAM ANDIK UN873 TUSKA N873 MIKRO GE EKBI) arrival on the ILS 09 TRANS. GEN. Intialized the descent, i selected the approach profile (30/140) and tuned the 2 NAV radios to the frequency suggested by the FMC: 110.30, selecting also the final course 086° on the both MCP course.

Once arrived at the approach phase, i turned the 2nd pilot PFD in APP visualization, activated also the NAV radio sound feedback as well the MKR sound. Finally i activated the VOR/LOC mode on the MCP. The aircraft was flying the last leg before entering the LOC, i could hear the ILS code, but on the APP display it doest seems capturing the LOC, so i paused the sim, and check the ILS freq in FSX (World->Map the freq for ILS 09 in the map resulted to be 110.70 final course 087°). Pic1

So i tuned this new freq in the both nav radios,now the LOC has been captured, but... selecting the APP mode on the MCP it automatically set the final course on 266° in both MCP course selector. Pic2.

I'm running the last AIRAC cycle 1702. The only addon scenery im using is FlyTampa Amsterdam. 
The aircraft i used for this flight is the 737-800WL of KLM PH-BXZ downloaded here: https://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=187726

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Alessio Calandrella

hi

in fsx i show the default scenery as having the following:

rwy09    10152'    087    BIL - 111.70
rwy27    10152'    267    LEL - 110.70

so it looks like maybe you wanted 111.7 not 110.7 

you can see the B/CRS indication in your nav mode which means it thought you were trying to fly the backcourse on that ILS..

also...as you also discovered, the actual airport frequency now for rwy09 is 110.3

since the current AIRAC uses that data that is why it suggested that frequency.

i'm not really sure what happens if you try to land with a frequency that the FMS thinks is real but doesn't exist in the scenery. i guess it just doesn't capture, like you experienced.

it should probably work tuned with 111.7 though.

or you could try to find an updated AFCAD file for the airport with the correct frequencies. there's one from 2013 in the library, i don't know how recently the frequency changed though..

cheers!

-andy crosby

22 minutes ago, spesimen said:

hi

in fsx i show the default scenery as having the following:

rwy09    10152'    087    BIL - 111.70
rwy27    10152'    267    LEL - 110.70

so it looks like maybe you wanted 111.7 not 110.7 

you can see the B/CRS indication in your nav mode which means it thought you were trying to fly the backcourse on that ILS..

also...as you also discovered, the actual airport frequency now for rwy09 is 110.3

since the current AIRAC uses that data that is why it suggested that frequency.

i'm not really sure what happens if you try to land with a frequency that the FMS thinks is real but doesn't exist in the scenery. i guess it just doesn't capture, like you experienced.

it should probably work tuned with 111.7 though.

or you could try to find an updated AFCAD file for the airport with the correct frequencies. there's one from 2013 in the library, i don't know how recently the frequency changed though..

cheers!

-andy crosby

Thanks for the reply! Yes definely it seems i tuned the backward ils runway :) . The problem is the FMC showing the 109.30 frequency instead of 110.30 showed here and its also different from the 111.70 of fsx. The chart is took for the AIP Denmark and the last version is  23 JUN 16

1 hour ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

the 2 NAV radios to the frequency suggested by the FMC: 110.30

23 minutes ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

The problem is the FMC showing the 109.30 frequency

Hi,

Both your posts say something different?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

1 hour ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

Both your posts say something different?

My mistake. On the last post i've confused myself. I've now edited it. So the facts is: FMC show me 110.30 for the ILS 09 (AIRAC 1702) but for fsx the ILS 09 is 110.70. I've tried also to update all the navaids using this but with no success.

1 minute ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

I've now edited it.

Sorry for double posting but actually i've not edited it cause i cant find the way to edit my posts. 

Hi,

Did you use both the world navaids package and ILS/RWY regional updates?

Do you use the stock scenery for EKBI or a custom scenery?

Both the world navaids package and ILS/RWY regional updates only update the stock nav database of FSX/P3D. If you have a custom scenery, its higher priority will "override" the updated the stock nav database.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

5 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

Did you use both the world navaids package and ILS/RWY regional updates?

Do you use the stock scenery for EKBI or a custom scenery?

Both the world navaids package and ILS/RWY regional updates only update the stock nav database of FSX/P3D. If you have a custom scenery, its higher priority will "override" the updated the stock nav database.

Hi!

i used only the World Navaids package because it updates also the ils and other stuff for the european region only ( In Europe region, all data (VORs, NDBs, ILSs, runway identifiers, approach lighting systems, PAPIs, en route intersections and airways) are corrected.)

The  ILS/RWY regional updates are made for other regions, because european region is already featured in the world package.

I use the standard EKBI scenery.

The only custom scenery is Flytampa Amsterdam.

I have tried also to manually update the ILS freq to the AIRAC 1702 using the  ILS inspector but it keep updating it to the 110.70. 

I have also tried to restore the PMDG 737 NGX default airac, with this one the fmc shows 110.70 for the ILS 09

3 hours ago, Alessio Calandrella said:

I have tried also to manually update the ILS freq to the AIRAC 1702 using the  ILS inspector but it keep updating it to the 110.70. 

Try this.

1) Right click ILSinspector.exe and run as administrator. Update the database if you receive a message.

2) When the Editor appears under Select Data make sure the correct simulator is ticked and click on Search Stock Airport.

3) Enter EKBI as the ICAO identifier and click Search. Select AIRAC ILS Data from the options at the top of Editor. Then select Display/Edit AIRAC ILS Data. Go to right of Editor and scroll down to EKBI and click it.

4) At the bottom right of the Editor click Edit. A new screen will appear, enter the frequency you want into the appropriate box. Make certain this is for the correct runway.

5)When finished with that window click on Save Record. Then click on Save Changes on the main Editor page. And then click OK when the message about updating appears.

EDIT. This did not work.

Edited by pcubine
Add extra sentence for EDIT

4 hours ago, pcubine said:

Try this.

1) Right click ILSinspector.exe and run as administrator. Update the database if you receive a message.

2) When the Editor appears under Select Data make sure the correct simulator is ticked and click on Search Stock Airport.

3) Enter EKBI as the ICAO identifier and click Search. Select AIRAC ILS Data from the options at the top of Editor. Then select Display/Edit AIRAC ILS Data. Go to right of Editor and scroll down to EKBI and click it.

4) At the bottom right of the Editor click Edit. A new screen will appear, enter the frequency you want into the appropriate box. Make certain this is for the correct runway.

5)When finished with that window click on Save Record. Then click on Save Changes on the main Editor page. And then click OK when the message about updating appears.

EDIT. This did not work.

Hello! 

i contacted directly the creator of the navaids update, it's definetly an outadated. Its going to be fixed in the next update.

Here is the topic: http://aerosors.freeforums.net/thread/155/ils-09-ekbi-wrong-frequency

Thanks everybody for the help!

Alessio Calandrella