Sign in to follow this  
l3ubba

Fatal Error When Using 2D Pop Ups

So I'm getting kind of irritated because I've lost three flights at T/D this weekend due to this fatal error I keep getting. When flying the 777 after a few hours and trying to use one of the displays pop ups my sim will freeze and eventually come up with a fatal error that closes the sim. This issue does not seem to come up earlier in the flights as I am able to use the 2D pop ups (by clicking on the displays) at the beginning of the flights however when I am further into the flight and getting ready to descend I can't click on the displays or I get the fatal error.

Here is the following info I pulled from Event Viewer immediately following the error.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.3.5.17625, time stamp: 0x5758bb31
Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f7ce6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000345ac
Faulting process id: 0xfc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d29042c276221e
Faulting application path: C:\Prepar3dv3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR120.dll
Report Id: 993f4e3b-fc5b-11e6-b10e-40167e29577c

Running P3D v3.3.5, ASN, PMDG T7, Ezdok v2, FSUIPC, FTX Global and NA LC, and that is about it. Other than my FTX Global and landclass I'm not running any other scenery. I've tried a clean install but still get the issue. I tried a little bit of google searching and only found one thread that seemed to somewhat cover my issue but it is a year and a half old so I'm not sure if it has been addressed since. So far I haven't found any other aircraft in my hangar that I can recreate the problem with (including the NGX).

Any help or insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated. I've wasted a total of 23 hours with three flights this weekend and didn't get to complete any of them.

Samuel Scully

Afraid to say it is a known issue with no prospect of a fix. PMDG and LM appear unable to collaborate to find a solution. LM ignore the issue on their forums and everyone denies their software is at fault. I also experience it with the 747. Workaround is to never use the Capt PFD. Popup the FO PFD. Popping up the CAPT side is almost like a time bomb in that you never know when it's going to blow.

David Porrett

3 hours ago, DavidP said:

Afraid to say it is a known issue with no prospect of a fix. PMDG and LM appear unable to collaborate to find a solution. LM ignore the issue on their forums and everyone denies their software is at fault. I also experience it with the 747. Workaround is to never use the Capt PFD. Popup the FO PFD. Popping up the CAPT side is almost like a time bomb in that you never know when it's going to blow.

That is unfortunate. I guess I'll just have to do that then.

Samuel Scully

Please continue to pressure LM on this. I know it's easy to say "well they're both pointing at each other," but it's really incredibly simple:

Your faulting modules list a module that we don't compile with. I know computers do weird stuff, but when an issue suddenly appears after a P3D version change, in a dll that we don't reference in our code, the answer is pretty obvious.

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Please continue to pressure LM on this. I know it's easy to say "well they're both pointing at each other," but it's really incredibly simple:

Your faulting modules list a module that we don't compile with. I know computers do weird stuff, but when an issue suddenly appears after a P3D version change, in a dll that we don't reference in our code, the answer is pretty obvious.

Yeah I'll make a post over there but not too sure how much weight it will have. From the reading in the thread I could tell it was some finger pointing going on. I was hoping that since it was kind of an old thread that maybe someone had worked on the issue.

Oh well, I guess it'll just be the FO's PFD for now.

Samuel Scully

LM seem to be ignoring it all together. At best you get the patronising "have you followed the error reporting procedure". At worst, no response at all. There are a few new posts on it including from me and pretty well ignored by LM.

David Porrett