Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Groundhandling gauges for FSX

Guest Jock in a Frock

Thanks, Rob.I've always been a fan of your gauges, especially the GroundHandling gauge. I installed the previous version into everything from the Dreamfleet Archer (which took some time to get working) to the PMDG 747.I've downloaded the v5.0 gauge but haven't installed it yet. Looking forward to tweaking my first FSX panel later today... :)

Guest CyberOps

just wanted to say that it works great, and thanks.I did take the brake sound out because it was getting a bit to annoying but thanks Rob for a wonderfull groundhandling.

Rob, Many thanks for this and the multitude of other contributions you have made over time. It's great to see you in FSX!Best Regards,JackD

Yes, I do know some people don't like the Brakes sound :-)And I must admit, for a lot of aircraft Brakes sound isn't very realistic at all.But the simplest way of removing/adapting it, is by changing the sound volume in the sound.ini file; as explained in the README.And if you want: you can have different settings for each aircraft, by just creating multiple copies of the sound.ini file and use a specific version in each panel.cfg (by using another .ini filename in the gauge definition).Cheers, Rob

And before I get any more Emails:PLEASE PLEASE, read my note marked *****IMPORTANT***** about FSUIPC in README.IF/WHEN you have the unregistered version V4.0.0 or V4.0.1 of FSUIPC installed (although not needed nor used by my gauge), UPGRADE to V4.0.2 or higher.Without this upgrade, Pushback turns will NEVER work; not even in my gauge.Rob

I've just uploaded my "groundhandling" gauges V5.0 for FSX to the library, as file RCBgh-50.zip; should be available shortly.****************This archive contains version 5.0 of my "groundhandling" gauges, like automated pushback with conversation sounds, a Taxispeed controller using throttle and brakes, and more; it can added to any aircraft.New in V5.0 (FSX only):1. Accurate interworking with the new FSX pushback tugs. YES, finally with visible tugs :-) !!!2. Reworked Brakes gauge.3. Taxispeed gauge now has a built-in ARM function.Enjoy, Rob Barendregt

Guest saudi_777

Hi Rob,Thanks for your excellent groundhandling gauges. :) I very much appreciate your work.Regards,

Guest repaid22

Thank you for your wonderful work with this guage, its amazing how people like you in the community bring things so much needed into flight simulator. You'r gauge has always been extremely helpful to me, and from what I've read, others. keep up the fantastic work. Adam

Guest RonB49

Thanks Rob, I DLed the new gauge today. I don't have FSX yet but I'll get it someday so I'm gathering the "must have" addons as they appear in stead of searching for them later. I consider your GH gauges "must have." R-

Just installed Rob's gauge into FSX - having used it without problem in FS9 since first release.Unfortunately, although all the visual aspects of the gauge - brakes etc - work fine, I have no sound and, as a result, no pushback. When I initially select pushback, the gauge flashes green but after a few seconds I get a large "sound error" message. Similarly there is no "click" or brakes sound.I have no other sound problems in FSX so I guess it must be something simple as others installed the gauge with no problem - very grateful for any help.John Rooum

Hi John,That means that FSX cannot find the sounds to play.You have made one (or more :-) of the following installation errors:- Wrong definition in the panel.cfg (most likely: the pathname of the Sound.ini file is wrong or missing as the 5th parameter; see README)- You misplaced the RCB_Groundhandling5_Sound.dll (ie. not in the gauges folder)- You forgot to "trust" this signed gauge during aircraft loading the first time, effectively disabling it.- The main Sound folder doesnot contain the Groundhandling5 subfolder.- Or this subfolder doesn't contain the Sound.ini file, or the GH***.wav files.Which was it :-) ??Cheers, Rob BarendregtPS: Also have a look at file rcbgh50a.zip, for Window Icon / permanent GH window visibility.

thank you very much indeed for your work Rob,I use and appreciate your gauges for years now :-)best wishesdavid

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Rob,Thanks for this. I have been through it with a fine toothcomb but still no luck.However, the clue is that, although I have started FSX many times with the gauge installed, it has never asked me to "trust" the gauge and the sound dll is not mentioned in the FSX.cfg list of trusted gauges.So I suppose FSX is not seeing the sound dll - must be a mistake somewhere so back to my fine toothcomb tomorrow.C'est la vie.John

""... has never asked me to "trust" the gauge and the sound dll is not mentioned in the FSX.cfg list of trusted gauges"""That can mean ONLY two things:- Either the gauge isn't in your main Gauges folder, so FSX cannot find it.- Or you made a typo in the panel.cfg, causing FSX not even to look for the gauge.If you are sure about the first, Email me (see readme for address) your panel.cfg and I'll have a look.You'll be amazed how long you can stare at even the most obvious typo in a panel.cfg :-)Rob