Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Groundhandling gauges for FSX

Hi Rob,You are quite right - I just could not find it. So I took the easy way out and did a cut and paste from your read me - and of course it now works perfectly!As always - many thanks for your gauges and all the help.John

Hi John,You're welcome.."" ...and did a cut and paste from your read me ...""Which is advised in the README as well :-)Cheers, Rob

I downloaded and installed tha lastest FSX plus the update. Is there any way to go back to the FS9 method of a gauge Icon toggle which the user fixes in the cockpits.The find the floating Icon very distracting when using my trackir and very unrealistic although the gauge icon is small. I managed to position the fixed gauge icon in FS9 very well in both 2d and 3d cockpits. As I am not an XML guy perhaps you could advise how I could change things to do this.I have found the pushback gauge to be very useful although I don't fly the heavy iron. Thanks for you efforts.John

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Hi Rob,"Which is advised in the README as well"Yes, I know and I do RTFM - but I usually like to do it myself [as part of my education] - and I still could not see where the typo was. However, up and running perfectly now.BTW, I have modded Tony C's UK sounds to meet the new requirements of the FSX gauge - I can let anyone interested have the details.Thanks again.John

Guest DigiFlight

Hi JockI just read your comment on having installed Rob's Groundhandling into PMDG 747 panel. I found this post by searching google for something that could help me out with exactly installing rob's gauge into pmdg 747. I can't manage to locate the button (which pops up the window) on the main panel. For some reason the main panel overlaps the button. For me to see the button, I moved it to somewhere over the windshield.Could you help me fix this problem, please?Thanks in advance!Silvestre Bittencourt

Hi John, You're welcome.. "" ...and did a cut and paste from your read me ..."" Which is advised in the README as well :-) Cheers, Rob
Forgive me for reviving an old post, but I've got exactly the same problem as John (post11) but haven't been able to crack the problem by following your advice. The sound had been working fine until recently. I have installed various aircraft and AI aircraft downloads but can't pinpoint where my problem lies, unless there's a conflict within my fsx.cfg file and to be honest I wouldn't recognise it if it jumped out and waved at me! Any ideas what to try next?

I recently upgraded my system {I7 etc} and completely reinstalled my FSX. As before, I installed Groundhandling V 5.0 with no problems. I then installed V5.0A to provide ICON switching as with earlier versions. However, whilst this works correctly on initially loading an aircraft, changing from windowed to full screen mode of vice versa results in FSX crashing with a NTDLL.DLL error.This is using the default 737, stock airport and default FSX settings with Win7 64 bitThe crash seems to be caused by the window status gauge - if I do not run this gauge on initially loading the aircraft, the icon and GH panel are displayed correctly and I can change window/fullscreen modes with no problem. But of course the icon switching is not active. Wonder if anyone else has seen this with V5.0A or has any ideas?John R

I recently upgraded my system {I7 etc} and completely reinstalled my FSX. As before, I installed Groundhandling V 5.0 with no problems. I then installed V5.0A to provide ICON switching as with earlier versions. However, whilst this works correctly on initially loading an aircraft, changing from windowed to full screen mode of vice versa results in FSX crashing with a NTDLL.DLL error.This is using the default 737, stock airport and default FSX settings with Win7 64 bitThe crash seems to be caused by the window status gauge - if I do not run this gauge on initially loading the aircraft, the icon and GH panel are displayed correctly and I can change window/fullscreen modes with no problem. But of course the icon switching is not active. Wonder if anyone else has seen this with V5.0A or has any ideas?John R
Hi John,Can you please send me the panel.cfg you are using via Email (see my READMEs for my Email address) ?So I can verify everything is installed correctly ?Reason I ask: the last few months I get quite some support requests from people that install any of my gauges (groundhandling, Carrier ops, VTOL, etc) on Windows7 systems with a complete re-install, and with one exception it always turned out to be an error in installation.(ie. one user that couldn't get my carrier ops working other than in a non-full, windowed-mode screen).Not saying you made such an installation error of course, but I just want to exclude the possibility.I don't use Windows7 myself, so I can't verify such a problem; and your particular problem is new to me. By itself, that says nothing, but in 9 years supporting all of my gauges, my experiance is that if only user reports a specific problem, then usually the problem lies somewhere else.So I'm very curious to know if any other Windows7 user is experiancing the same problem (your description is very clear, and apperantly repeatable).Or even more: a Windows7 user that DOESN'T have the problem you describe.Regards, Rob Barendregt

Hi Rob, I'm using your ground handling gage with W7-Ultimate 64-bit on all the heavy aircraft. No problems at all. Thank You for your generosity.RayLondonUK

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Hi Rob, I'm using your ground handling gage with W7-Ultimate 64-bit on all the heavy aircraft. No problems at all. Thank You for your generosity.RayLondonUK
Hi Ray,But are you using the permanent Icon addon (rcbgh50a.zip) ?And if so, does switching from windowed-mode to fullscreen mode v.v work OK on your PC ?Rob

Rob,After Ray's post, I realised that I had to look again in more detail at what I was doing. Its now sorted and I have 5.0A up and running - but its a bit complicated, involves something in FSX that I am not sure that I understand and also a beta product.I'll put it in a pm which you can read if you ever have the time.As always my thanks for an impressive programme which has stood the test of time - now I wonder if I can use it with the MD11?Best WishesJohn R

Hi Ray,But are you using the permanent Icon addon (rcbgh50a.zip) ?And if so, does switching from windowed-mode to fullscreen mode v.v work OK on your PC ?Rob
Hi Rob, No, I am not using the permanent Icon addon (rcbgh50a.zip). Am I missing something?

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Hi Rob, No, I am not using the permanent Icon addon (rcbgh50a.zip). Am I missing something?
Please judge for yourself if you miss it or not :-)What rcbgh50a.zip does:- Adds a permanently-visible Icon on the screen; which you can place in any position on the screen.- Via mouseclicking this Icon, you can open/close the Groundhandling window.- When the groundhandling window is open, it remains forced open (even if you change views).Some people find that very handy, because they can switch to other views (eg. during a pushback) with losing the GH window.Cheers, Rob