None of your friends are currently online
Categories See All →
In Loving Memory Of
Founder of AVSIM Online
Hot Spots:Latest News & Homepage
File Library - What's New
Latest Product Reviews
FS9/FSX/P3D CTD Guide v3
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
News (1999 to 2012)
Product Reviews (2006-2012)
Advertise on AVSIM!
Sim Site Rankings
The AVSIM Staff
Latest Forum Topics
- New CPU or GPU for FSX:SE?
- A thorough Cold & Dark startup/ plane management through the flight required
- DC-6 routings & timetables: Let's collect!
- FS2004 R22 Strobe Light Fix
- An Eclectic Mix
- XP 10.50 b7 EU Simply Amazin'
- Any KCMH add-ons in development?
- Windows 10: Stuttering?
- VfrFlight is now coming to XPlane
- Aerofly FS 2 major update with VR and LNAV/VNAV support
- Flight Planning
- Accu-feel Steam and fsx realism settings
- How do you guys pick your landing runway in FSX?
- Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D
AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!
RIP: Barry Blaisdell, Prolific FS Designer
Oct 09 2012 04:40 PM | This article has been viewed 5993 times.
submitted by: n4gix
submitted by: n4gix
|More sad news to report: Barry passed away on Wednesday 3rd October after a long battle with diabetes and heart disease.|
From an early age Barry’s life was aviation. He joined the Air National Guard as a cadet and as soon as he was able he joined the US Air Force. He flew F-100 Super Sabres and F-105 Thunderchiefs on combat missions in Vietnam. He was invalided out of the USAF after being severely wounded when his F-105 was destroyed by a SAM missile. After recuperation he applied to join the US Army as a helicopter pilot and returned to Vietnam.
When his flying career was ended by a heart attack he took up virtual aviation as a hobby and started to design aircraft for FS5. Barry founded Premier Aircraft Design in 1995 and led the team until 2008
Barry leaves a widow, Carol, and a son Todd. Our deepest condolences go out to them at this sad time.