None of your friends are currently online
Categories See All →
In Loving Memory Of
Founder of AVSIM Online
Hot Spots:Latest News & Homepage
File Library - What's New
Latest Product Reviews
FS9/FSX/P3D CTD Guide v3
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
News (1999 to 2012)
Product Reviews (2006-2012)
Advertise on AVSIM!
Sim Site Rankings
The AVSIM Staff
Latest Forum Topics
- Solved! Stuttering/Freezes/Sync issues XPlane 10 w Nvidia GPUs
- Prepar3D behavior for starting / restarting flights
- B747s/A380s almost always sent to GA Parking. Any 'fix'?
- Adding Scenary to FS2004 useing Windows 7
- Networked PC Panel Builder instrument inputs are rejected by P3D v3
- Very long AI contrails - custom
- Vasp 737-300 landing at SBGL
- RealismShaderPack v1.1
- Still trying to figure out X-plane
- kodiak rpm question
- ORBX 38% Off May sale
- John V, states that any P3D v4.x ports will carry an upcharge fee
- Ability to See Learning Center and Mission Briefs Gone
- PMDG737NGX Tutor files for FSX Acceleration
- Discussion Thread for the "Ask Dovetail Games..." Thread!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!
RIP: Barry Blaisdell, Prolific FS Designer
Oct 09 2012 04:40 PM | This article has been viewed 5505 times.
submitted by: n4gix
submitted by: n4gix
|More sad news to report: Barry passed away on Wednesday 3rd October after a long battle with diabetes and heart disease.|
From an early age Barry’s life was aviation. He joined the Air National Guard as a cadet and as soon as he was able he joined the US Air Force. He flew F-100 Super Sabres and F-105 Thunderchiefs on combat missions in Vietnam. He was invalided out of the USAF after being severely wounded when his F-105 was destroyed by a SAM missile. After recuperation he applied to join the US Army as a helicopter pilot and returned to Vietnam.
When his flying career was ended by a heart attack he took up virtual aviation as a hobby and started to design aircraft for FS5. Barry founded Premier Aircraft Design in 1995 and led the team until 2008
Barry leaves a widow, Carol, and a son Todd. Our deepest condolences go out to them at this sad time.