None of your friends are currently online
Categories See All →
In Loving Memory Of
Founder of AVSIM Online
Hot Spots:Latest News & Homepage
File Library - What's New
Latest Product Reviews
NEW Prepar3D Guide v1
FS9/FSX/P3D CTD Guide v3
FSX / P3D Config Guide
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
News (1999 to 2012)
Product Reviews (2006-2012)
Advertise on AVSIM!
Sim Site Rankings
The AVSIM Staff
Latest Forum Topics
- FSL A320X - Performance, VAS, etc. Reports
- Flight Sim Labs A320 released for P3D
- P3D V3.4
- Approach Question
- Official PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Livery List
- Multi platform multiplayer
- Advice Needed on Vid Card Upgarde
- XP Users That Can't Afford TrackIR
- Middle mouse look no longer works.
- Advice needed to build real world Archer IFR trainer
- GTN map freeze troubleshoot
- GNS display blank
- Taxi2gate LFPG Released
- Return versus Diversion
- X-Plane 11
AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!
iBlueYonder Nantucket Island
Dec 28 2016 10:12 AM | This article has been viewed 1633 times.
submitted by: Bill Womack
submitted by: Bill Womack
iBlueYonder has announced their first commercial scenery release - Nantucket Island for FSX, FSX:Steam Edition, and Prepar3D v3.
For more screenshots and to purchase, visit http://iblueyonder.com/portfolio/nantucket-island/ - it's also available on JustFlight.com, and will be in most major FS stores very soon.
Nantucket sits just off the coast of the US state of Massachusetts, below the long arm of Cape Cod. It’s an island steeped in history dating back to the colonial days, and is best known as the center of US whaling in the 19th century. These days, the primary industry is tourism. From a quiet, isolated enclave of around 10,000 in the winter, the population explodes to around five times that in summer.
Nantucket Memorial Airport (KACK) is the island’s air-link to the rest of the world. As you’ll find everywhere on Nantucket, its architecture features heavy use of characteristic unpainted wood-shingled buildings and is loaded with New England charm.
- More than 100 square miles of photo terrain in full 5-seasons
- Nuanced 1-meter terrain mesh from high-detail LIDAR data
- Detailed Nantucket waterfront modeling
- Many local VFR landmarks included
- Full autogen houses and vegetation
- Detailed, accurate rendition of Nantucket Memorial Airport based on extensive on-site photography
- Enhanced airport ground poly in Prepar3D v.3
- 3D grass, shrubbery, and other custom vegetation
- Static aircraft commonly seen on the ramp
- Custom dynamic, animated windsocks
- Seasonal models, driven by the Viva engine
- All models optimized for high performance
- Built by veteran scenery designer Bill Womack, with the help of the iBlueYonder team