None of your friends are currently online
Categories See All →
In Loving Memory Of
Founder of AVSIM Online
Hot Spots:Latest News & Homepage
File Library - What's New
Latest Product Reviews
NEW Prepar3D Guide v1
FS9/FSX/P3D CTD Guide v3
FSX / P3D Config Guide
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
News (1999 to 2012)
Product Reviews (2006-2012)
Advertise on AVSIM!
Sim Site Rankings
The AVSIM Staff
Latest Forum Topics
- FSX: SE. A Dead End?
- Ventura Sky 1.0 released for X-Plane 10.50!
- Is it possible yet to max out the sliders on FSX or P3D
- P3D - Flyinside and motion sickness
- A previous instance of cursor lock is already running?
- An add-on DTG could offer...
- Phenom 300 + Navigraph ext pack
- Excellent landing
- Khartoum, Sudan to Doha, Qatar
- P3D 3.4 Experience Thread
- Saitek Yoke and Rudder Pedals
- Can Anyone Shed Light On This, Please?
- Quick performance test in P3D V3.4 out of Orbx YMML - 4K
- SEQU not in database?
- Nvidia Inspector vs. Nvidia Graphics Profile set up
AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!
|In March, 1997, AVSIM opened its publishing doors and started posting flight simulation related news to the Internet daily. At that time, AVSIM was the only daily news organization dedicated to the flight simulation hobby and the global community that supported it. In May of 1999 we moved to a collaborative news editing system that also allowed us to store away our daily news postings. What you see below is our archive of news stories that ran from May, 1999 until April of 2012, when we finally moved over to a modern, collaborative and powerful alternative. Thirteen years worth of daily news and history. Take a spin through the archives. Take a look at some of the historic times in Flight Simulation. Start with the weeks of September 11, 2001 and those that followed. There is a depth of history here that all simmers should read someday at their leisure.|