Sign in to follow this  
EasyPC

Couple of minor (hopefully) problems

Hi,I have a couple of problems which appear to be ASVe related(appologies if they aren't)1) ATC doesn't seem to recognise my altitude when flying at standard pressure, I'm constantly being told to "expidite your climb/descent to...", the only way round it seems to be to hit the Baro button and change from standard pressure to local pressure and allow the altitude to settle when I then get clearance to the next FL. I am currently using the PMDG 737/ flying in the UK with FMC (transition level set at 6000'). When I try the same flight without ASVe running all seems OK.2) I have noticed lately that low cloud/fog lying in valley bottoms is shimmering quite badly where it touches hillsides, maybe this is normal and I just haven't noticed it before? Also the same cloud/fog appears to lie in squares (see attached pic.) I have recently installed the ATI tray tools utility in order to implement adaptive AA which has miraculously cured the shimmering effect with autogen trees, fences etc., just wondering if the shimmering clouds has anything to do with this.I am truly enjoying the wonderful visual effects created by ASVe but would very much like to cure the above problems, any help much appreciated.Pete.p.s. Not sure what's going on here but during the flight where I took the screenshot I got the ASVe error message 'error on submit..FS folder target: D: Flight Simulator 9'. Did a search on the forums and this error seems to have been associated with WideFS which I don't have. Also got the following error message from FSScreen, which I have been using for ages to take screenshots, 'Runtime error 380 invalid property value'.The only major change I've made to my system over the past week or two is to install the Cat 5.10 drivers with control centre and, as I mentioned above, the ATI tray tools utility, beginning to wonder if these might be the problem.

Hi,1. FS ATC has a transition altitude of 18000' no matter where you are flying. Without ASVE running the pressure is always 29.92 which is the standard pressure. That is why you never get the warnings without ASVE running!2. Whenever clouds touch a ground object strange things are going to happen. Using AE clouds will help a little bit. Turn On the Favor Cumulus vs Stratus to help the patterns.3. Not sure about the error message. Please let us know if it keeps happening.4. The ATI control center can do strange things. I use the non-control center version.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest t288msd

Hi, I also get this error message every time ASV refreshes. I can confirm the directory does exist. Annoying, but far from fatal. rgds

Hi Jim,Thanks for reply. Tried turning on Favor Cumulus vs Stratus which certainly helped the patterning problem but I think I'll stick with the low lying shimmering Stratus, also I don't like the high altitude thin layers of cumulus although I suppose I could disable uper layer generation but then again I quite like that effect too. Swings and roundabouts I suppose!I think I might uninstall the Catalyst Control Centre and go back to Control Panel too.I can't wait for FS10 where all these problems will miraculously be solved and we will finally have the perfect sim we all crave!!!Keep up the good work.Pete.