Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

Did Angelique get the same CS 757 everyone else got?

Guest B52Drivr

Hello all, First, to Anelique, I really did enjoy your article, you write well and seem to be most intelligent in the cockpit and a good operator.Saying that, I'm just wondering if YOU got the same CS 757 everyone else gets, or has CS finally gotten all the bugs out of the 757. I've always said CS had the most kick butt graphics in the business and some really nice touches, but the final product just didn't add up . . . Is there something new going on at CS that I don't know about?It would be a nice thought to think that such an eye pleasing aircraft finally did fly correctly with all the proper bells and whistles.Just wonderingBestClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Clay,I couldn't agree more with your statment. I like the review, but I'm also wondering if the newest patch was released to address the outstanding issues with this product, and I just didn't know....Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest mikealpha

I was wondering about that, too.E.g. the 757-300 has still the same flight dynamics as the 757-200, the fuel consumption is off by up to 50% and the Boeing-typical pitch and power flying is impossible (or at least, a lot of guesswork).The RR versions ignore the calculated TRP values, VNAV disconnects for no reason at every tactical change.And on the glideslope I see permament STAB TRIM warnings, because the elevator trim is at the upper limit and consequently the AC can't flare. And then the braking distance qualifies it to land on a carrier ...Probably hard for a reviewer not to notice that, so hopefully we will also have the 2.1 Service pack soon :)Mike

Yeah, I'm wondering that too. I've read plenty of user comments on how crap and terrible the CS 757 is both here and on the CS forums (before being removed) and now it gets an AVSIM-approved glowing review that if it were the only thing to go on, would make me buy the CS 757 in a heartbeat.Could we get some clarification please? Cause if this review is based on the bug-infested CS757, I will never trust an AVSIM review again.

Same here guys. I read the report with amazement. I had deliberately purchased the PSS 757 a while ago based on all the negative stories I had read here regarding Captain Sim. Reading this review really made me wonder who was fooling who. I hope someone can shed some light on this as indeed, if this is about the same CS 757 everybody was complaining about, I will have to start reading these reviews carefully....Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Personally, I think you guys are being way too nice. If someone can not figure out that a 757 is burning fuel from wing tanks first and fuel burn is off by over 50% making this one of the most UNREALISTIC add-ons put out to date then they should not be reviewing. Yes, 757's usually burn 8 tons of fuel going Trans-Atlantic and land with fuel in the center tanks when the wings are empty happens all the time...If no one is going to call CS out on these things in a major review like this then they will assume everything is great just like the review states. Let's have some brutal honesty in these reviews that yes, the model is beautiful, the VC is beautiful but the CS 757 is still suffering from major accuracy issues that prevent us from giving it a positive review at this time....This is really disappointing from the AVSIM team, I would hope they would give us true real informative reviews but it "appears" they will give a glaring review to anyone these days so at this point I can not consider their reviews accurate areas of information to make an educated decision, I would consider them a pat on the back to anyone who advertises and just words that must be taken with a whole bag of salt...Let's call it like it is, the review is a load of BS if it doesn't address the real cons as well as all the pros...Just my .02 but my days of trusting what I read from Avsim reviews are long gone!-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Based on history and the comments of other forum members, I never bought this aircraft. But my bias aside, in fairness I find this review eminently informative.Warning signs: lots of emphasis on visuals, frequent ebullient praise, overuse of the word 'awesome', frequent use of the terms 'I'm not familiar with...' yet still saying such and such is 'realistic'. Plus the reviewer does indicate some glaring inaccuracies like IRS implementation and a couple other things. Plus she does wonder '...what else may not be properly simulated...' Generally too with these reviews, what's NOT said says as much as what is actually mentioned.My impression as an LDS owner is that this is a candid reviewer who is wowed by things that in and of themselves do not impress me that much. I'm not an ATP either, but I see enough info here to tell me it's not as serious a product as I'm used to at the high end. The CS757 is driven by looks, not depth - usual story.- also, anybody know the status of FMS updates? If it's still up to CS to do this :-eek that would be a showstopper for me anyway. No serious contender at this level can be stuck with old data or default plans.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>Generally too with these reviews,>what's NOT said says as much as what is actually mentioned.>If we have to read what's not there to really know about a product, I for one can skip such a review.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

After reading that review I was shocked also. Made me wonder how much $$ CS paid under the table to get a positive review on a failed piece of software. Someone should be ashame for leting such a misleading review get posted.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

"After reading that review I was shocked also. Made me wonder how much $$ CS paid under the table to get a positive review on a failed piece of software. Someone should be ashame for leting such a misleading review get posted."I don't agree with this review either, but this comment is unnecessary, fails to progress an otherwise valid topic, and is disrespectful to AVSIM and there volunteer staff. AVSIM DOES NOT receive a single penny for there reviews from anyone. Publishers make no such offers, and even if they did they would be rejected immediately and with distain for such bribary. Reviewers select a product to review and usually do there best to provide an honest, objective analysis. Sometimes the review does not align with reality, but claiming a reviewer or any AVSIM member was paid for doing so is simply ridiculous.

I must say that this review had me also in doubt for a few minutes, after reading the rather negative comments in the forums. It is true that the reviewers style is very enthousiasticallybut in the end, when she wonders "what else is perhaps missing in regard of the systems", things fall into place, no? So I thought her conclusion was: graphics and eyecandy excellent but as far as the systems: under par compared to the top developpers. So, even after reading the review, I'm still not considering purchasing the CS 757. Thanks to AVSIM for the review but also thanks to the forum for reacting and getting things into perspective.JosEBBR

>It is true that the reviewers style is very enthousiastically>but in the end, when she wonders "what else is perhaps missing>in regard of the systems", things fall into place, no? So I>thought her conclusion was: graphics and eyecandy excellent>but as far as the systems: under par compared to the top>developpers. That's the problem though, isn't it? A professional review should not leave any rock unturned nor should it leave the potential buyer guessing. I do not accept "I didn't have the time" or "I wonder what else might be missing" as viable excuses. That's just sloppy reviewing work. If you can't commit to doing it right, don't do it at all. A fallacious review does way more damage than an absence of one.Not every user out there is going to dive into the forums and use their search function to find out what the CS 757 is like. Most of us frequent visitors have already read the horror stories, but chances are many others have not and could be swayed by a largely optimistic and positive review of - if user opinions are to be believed (and I believe them) - heavily flawed product.

Does anyone know if this review was done with the latest patch? Someone made reference to that earlier but I wasn't clear on this point? Eric