Sign in to follow this  
Guest hotstuff196604

i tried the tutorial on creating a mission

Guest hotstuff196604

i tried the tutorial on creating a mission that came with fsx i get to the point on how to add it to a catagory and i get lost can anyone explain it to me so i can understand it im so new to doing anything in fsx i can send a copy of my xml file i get that created but i cant seem to get it to show up in the game at that point like the tutorial says add to tutorial catagory if anyone could help me out on this i would really be in your debt thank you

Guest reignman40

What step (or part) are you on? I havent completed it yet (im on like step 6 or 7) but I still might be able to help.

Guest hotstuff196604

what i need is to see what a xml file will look like if it were like at the begining of a flight how to get it to be in a catagory like beginerand tutorial how it is suppost too look in the xml file

Guest archtx

There are XML samples of all of the default FSX missions in the SDK.

Guest Maxibon

Good Day.I also have the problem of creating the catogories. Must we edit the standard FSCatogories file in FSX or create one just for our mission we create. and where does the GUID com inplace.After I have created the first section of the mission and we have to text it. I place it in the tutorial catogories but dont see the mission when I start up FSX

Guest archtx

I would suggest for your first attempt to just use one of the FSX standard categories. Be careful copying and pasting the GUID so that you include the brackets, etc.I'm not clear from your post if you placed all of the info in the Missions folder in FSX. You said tutorial categories..is that a folder/subfolder you created inside the Missions folder?

Guest Maxibon

Good Day. Can any please assist me in telling me where do I go wrong I dont see this under my Tutorial menu un MissionTutorial.See attached tutorial.Any assistance will be highly appreciated.Regard,

Guest archtx

Max: Is this the folder that you have saved your mission files to?Flight Simulator XMissionsMissions in ProgressCreation Tutorial.This is not in the same folder as the Missions SDK, or in My Documents. You can change the names of folders to your preference, so long as they are inside a folder in FSXMissions, because that is where FSX will look for them. Inside of YOUR mission folder, there should be a sound subfolder for wav files and also 2 image files, an HTML briefing file (*.html), a flight file (*.flt) and a weather file (*.wx).If you have all of that right, go back through the Mission tutorial and check step by step that you have things named correctly, you made the correct modifications to the flt file, etc. It will then show up in the FSX Missions menu under beginner, or whichever level you chose.Hope that helps.

Guest Maxibon

Good Day.Thanks for the advice so far. It realy helped and I managed to get the tutorial working. I now have tried another mission but with no luck. I did double check every thing again but it does not want to show up in my missions. Can any one just tell me what I am doing wrong here. I followed the manual step by step and rechecked but still nothing.See attached file.RegardsMax