Sign in to follow this  
Guest eivlevo

Simcopter

Guest eivlevo

Wondering if anyone has downloaded the simcopter mission.I can't seem to get it to work. The helo loads in the right place but there is no associated scenery or sound. ie the mission doesn't seem to initiate.I have downloaded the update.Thanks,~DAVE

Guest dvlourie

i too downloaded the file and got the same results. a heli sitting in front of some bldg and nothing to go with. hopefully they will fix it soon. i loved the original simcopter and would love to be able to recreate it in fsx. here's hoping!!!

Guest Gunner_CAF

You may find some help here:http://fsxmission.com/live/modules.php?nam...viewtopic&t=688You will need to get a free account to read this message board. I think there is an issue with the sound files need to be moved to the correct folder. There should be a help file in the download that may be of use.I have not tried this mission, so sorry I can't be more specific... I am not very good at choppers :)Gunner

Guest dcrandall

Please make sure that you follow the intallation instruction exactly. All bgl files must be inside your addon scenery folder inside the scenery folder, the texure inside the texture folder next to the scenery folder. The simcopter folder contains the music files and this folder must be placed inside the main sound folder of FSX. This is the same folder that the UI music folder is in. The simwesterly folder must be placed inside the mission folder inside the pilot for hire folder. FSX Simcopter Level 2 is also out now, however you must complete level 1 to get access code for level 2. I am currently working on level 3. If you download level to please use the newest update version. The other one have have bugs in them and I had asked avsim to remove them from their listing.Have FunDave

Guest robinhutter

After a long time and numerous trials I finally found out, that the sound files have to be distributed in two locations: The ad*.wav files the dj*.wav files, the news*.wav files, the op*.wav files and the sumr3.wav, spring3.wav amd valk.wav files have to go into [FSX root]SoundSimCopter. If not, the mission will not load. The other sound files have to go into [FSX root]MissionsPilot For HireSimWesterlySound.Hth,Robin <>