Sign in to follow this  
Guest bdacier

Contraband mission in FSX accel.

Guest bdacier

Hi all,I find myself being crossed the Florida peninsula and flying out into the Atlantic after about an hour flying. Is this correct? It seems to me as though this is a glitch of some kind, can someone please shed some light onto this mission?

Guest Gunner_CAF

I had the same problem. I think the bad guy is triggered when you go to a spot someplace by the waypoint. When you hit the trigger, you should see him.I had to cheat a bit to find him. I used the Traffic Toolbox Map to locate him. I found 2 DC3s. The closest must have been from the introduction camera shot. It's inactive and invisible. The second is near the waypoint and will trigger when you get near.Once past this problem, the rest of the mission was fun.Gunner

Guest bdacier

That wasn't quite what I meant. I've located the bad guy, and i'm following him for about an hour flight time doing 140 knots. So right now I'm flying over the atlantic, is that correct?

Guest bluesky21

How far back from him are you? Maybe there's a trigger when you get up close...

Guest bdacier

Yes that's what I'm thinking too. But you get the explicit instruction to follow close but not get seen. So I'm about 1,4 nm behind him.

Follow him anywhere from 2 tenths to 1/2 mile behind.Also, you can fly above him, you don't bneed to be below but if he makes a turn and you don't he can spot you easier.Jim

Guest Gunner_CAF

I stayed under 1nm at or below the DC3. He followed the islands.Gunner

Ok, when you catch up to the "low flying plane", you get a choice as there are actuallu 2 planes to follow. I never followed the DC3, only the "light twin". Maybe you havent intercepted the correct plane? Wish I could think of more to help.

Guest blackie7319

This mission is very un-eventful I followed the DC-3 for what seemed like an eternity with the expectation that he would evetually land some where. Well it never happend. Finally out of the blue, the Success Message appeared with the note that following the plane undectected was the mission goal. At one point the DC-3 approaches an airfield and you get the impression that he is going to land but it never happens. Just more following for another extended period and then finally the mission ends as I stated above. I never flew it following the light twin but I suspect it will end the same way. Blackie

Guest NeXTer

Trust me, following the twin is a lot more interesting...I guess they didn't think anyone would be interested in following the DC-3 and forgot to do anything with it...

Guest blackie7319

OK, I'll re-fly the mission and follow the twin now that you've made me curious. Thanks,Blackie

Guest bdacier

Well that's what i'll do too! Thanks very much every one!

Guest Gunner_CAF

When I followed the DC3, he landed on a beach of a small island. You land behind him and drop off your partner. At that point I got the success message.Gunner

Guest blackie7319

Gunner,That's interesting. there must be multiple scenarios. I thought it was strange the way the mission ended for me. In the air following the plane. Thanks for the heads up.Blackie

>This mission is very un-eventful I followed the DC-3 for what>seemed like an eternity with the expectation that he would>evetually land some where. Well it never happend. Finally out>of the blue, the Success Message appeared with the note that>following the plane undectected was the mission goal. At one>point the DC-3 approaches an airfield and you get the>impression that he is going to land but it never happens. Just>more following for another extended period and then finally>the mission ends as I stated above. I never flew it following>the light twin but I suspect it will end the same way. >>BlackieThere is one scenario with the DC-3 where F-18's intercept and takeover your job. Maybe that is what happened to you. There are other random scenarios that could happen both for the DC-3 and the Baron.