What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Iron Maiden's new 747-400 for their next world tour
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
11 replies to this topic
Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:48 AM
Actually, overflying an unfamiliar runway is standard operating procedure for me in the missions or even in freeflight.Some mission designers might, just as an example, put an obstacle on the runway to surprise the unprepared captain.You've been warned.
Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:32 PM
He He. You deliberately overflew to get a better look? I usually overfly cuz I am too fast after shoehorning myself down thru the mountains. I wind up going around; need a tight base leg to avoid the granite cloud... :-) You usually nail the right aproach speed and altitude on your first pass? Kudos...Best regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.
Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:56 PM
Vinnie,If you land on the correct runway, at the correct airport, the Maule should be fairly visible to you. It's on the grass, on the left side of the runway that you landed on, about halfway up the runway.I just reflew this mission, and took the following screenshots on my arrival at Stahekin State:http://forums.avsim....iles/187017.jpgI overflew the runway, rather than land, to get a closer look:http://forums.avsim....iles/187018.jpgHope that helps.
Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:34 PM
"If you land on the correct runway, at the correct airport, the Maule should be fairly visible to you. It's on the grass, on the left side of the runway that you landed on, about halfway up the runway." The links in the quoted post, like Generalissimo Francisco Franco, are still dead (a Saturday Night Live in the Chevy Chase days reference, for the younger crowd.)I can't for the life of me find the Maule. I'm at the correct airport, because the mission pointer is in the middle of it, and the direct-to on the GPS says so. I landed on runway 13. Just before landing, the copilot says, "There's the Maule." There are 2 Cubs (one red, one yellow), a few vehicles, and some "porta-potties" on the left side of the runway about halfway down, but I can't find anything else. I've even taxied up and down both sides of the runway, stopping every few feet, but nothing. I really like this mission so far, but this is driving me nuts (nuttier?). What's going on, here? Can anybody help? Help!!!Jerry
Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:09 AM
I have no Idea why you can't see the Maule. If this is of any help...when i did the mission I set scenery complexity to extremely dense, and autogen to none, and I did it fine...
2.2GHz i5(up to 2.7GHz), 8GB RAM, 2GB 820M, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, FSX Gold