Sign in to follow this  
onurksn

AI Separation, how good?

What is needed is for a programmer to intercept the AI / ATC calls and provide hooks to those so anyone can write a program that directly controls or creates AI (a bit like simconnect allows).But, IMHO, all that is really needed is a hook to set the takeoff or landing runway for each AI, so I can write a program that selects the runway for an AI based on a whole bunch of other factors, like demand. This would free up the logjam immensely (imagine how freed up the traffic would be at KDFW if aircraft were spread across the airport rather than just going to their closest runway, or, at KSEA, where only one runway is ever really used!) Give me the hook and I will write the program :)Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Ok this could be a good proporsal, I'm not a programer but here are many many creative but kowledge people.I guees that there are a tips and tricks about the SDK AI traffic that has to be learned, studied, or remade it, (unitll FS allow), but this can make a good busines oportunity even, there has been maked so many improvements to FS9, that I start to think that there are no to much barrers to break, this one is too old and to important to our hobby.Cheeers to all

What is needed is for a programmer to intercept the AI / ATC calls and provide hooks to those so anyone can write a program that directly controls or creates AI (a bit like simconnect allows).But, IMHO, all that is really needed is a hook to set the takeoff or landing runway for each AI, so I can write a program that selects the runway for an AI based on a whole bunch of other factors, like demand. This would free up the logjam immensely (imagine how freed up the traffic would be at KDFW if aircraft were spread across the airport rather than just going to their closest runway, or, at KSEA, where only one runway is ever really used!) Give me the hook and I will write the program :)Bryn.
This would be a huge improvement! Hope someone can give you the info to make it happen! Suggestion - why don't you start a specific thread so that someone with the knowledge is more likely to see it and respond? Then we all need to keep the thread "alive" by posting to it from time to time so it stays up near the top of the forum list so the right person is more likely to see it.

Hi All Could someone possibly post what they believe the best AI Smooth settings are. I have 1.20 and yet I have AI flying past me on finals or turning in short for a landing and I constantly have to do go rounds due to traffic on the runway. All help appreciated.Best regardsMalcolm "Rooster" Hancock

Malcolm Hancock