Sign in to follow this  
krishcanag

Fsuipc And Fsx

HelloCould someone tell me if it is better to install and pay for FSUIPC4 for FSXif I intend to have add-on aircraft and traffic X plus FS Global?I have a paid one for FS2004, not sure about FSX. I do not intend to changeany settings other than what is in settings within FSX.krishan

It is up to you, but I gladly pay for the registered version, and use it....especially the yoke/pedal calibration.Bottom line, for me, Peter has done so much for third party FS implementation over the years, I also feel he deserves some money for his efforts :(

HelloCould someone tell me if it is better to install and pay for FSUIPC4 for FSXif I intend to have add-on aircraft and traffic X plus FS Global?I have a paid one for FS2004, not sure about FSX. I do not intend to changeany settings other than what is in settings within FSX.krishan
I originally bought it for the auto save feature. I do alot of long haulers and have a 6 year old son so in case something happens I can pick up where it got interuppted or within 10 minutes. The wind smoothing is nice also.Well worth the money IMO.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

FSUIPC4 is the single most important add-on to buy for FSX if you consider yourself even a remotely serious flight sim user, its worth every single penny, support is amazing and new features are added on a regular basis. Do read the included manuals though before you go running to Pete's forum for help as there is an astounding amount of information in them, and I know that Peter spends a great amount of time writing them.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest jshyluk

The trick is to define what you mean by "better". Of course it's better to support developers, especially AVSIM Award Of Excellence winners like Peter Dowson. (It's also nice to donate to AVSIM to support the Awards themselves!)However, this is a unique situation. You can try out the free version of FSUIPC without further obligation, no strings attached. If you like what it does, fine, if you want more, Mr. Dowson will be more than happy to take your kind payment. Either way, how can you lose?Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

thanks for your comment but it does not help me. With FS2004 I found it worth it as I could not fly 737PIC without it, the product update later sorting it out anyway. Assuming I am comfortable with all the setting options within FSX, would you say then there is no need for FSUIPC4, but if you want to tweak the setting thanks to the great options provided by FSUIPC4 on weather, padels etc etc then buy it, is that correct?Also, there doesn't seem be any discount even if you have paid for the FS9 version, hmmkrishan

The FS9 and FSX versions are different. Despite other "addon" companies offering "backwards compatable" versions of FSX addons for FS9 for free, it's realistic for Pete to charge a separate price for the FSX version of FSUIPC.Whether you "need" the payware version for FSX is up to you. The freeware version allows you to add any addon developed for FSX that requires FSUIPC to function in FSX. The additional options available in the payware version can improve other aspects of FSX, like the wind smoothing function and the controller calibration function (and many others). It's up to you how in-depth you want to go to make your FSX experience "better". I suggest reading the user manual included with the freeware version first. It will explain all the included functions that will be "enabled" once you pay for and register the fulll version. If you find these functions to be more than you want to get involved with, then you probably don't want the paid version. There will be a "learning curve" involved in using these extended functions if you haven't used these type of things before, but if you take the time to understand what they can do for you (and want to use them), then the price is well worth it.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

OK, well I paid and got the FSUIPC4 licence, I am still not sure want I could use it for, could someone give me some tips. I see the options for negating wind gusts etc but why would you do that!, why would need to calibrate the joystick in FSUIPC when I can do that in windows anyway?krishan

why would need to calibrate the joystick in FSUIPC when I can do that in windows anyway?
Because windows and FSX does a shoddy job of it in a lot of cases, try pushing the stick full left or right slowly while watching the ailerons from spot view and I bet they visually hit full deflection before the stick physically does. Believe me if its in FSUIPC its there for a very good reason in most cases. Figuring out what FSUIPC can do for you takes a long time to fathom because there is just so much it can do. Start by reading the manuals that are installed to the FSX/Modules folder, they will give you some idea.

Cheers, Andy.

Because windows and FSX does a shoddy job of it in a lot of cases, try pushing the stick full left or right slowly while watching the ailerons from spot view and I bet they visually hit full deflection before the stick physically does. Believe me if its in FSUIPC its there for a very good reason in most cases. Figuring out what FSUIPC can do for you takes a long time to fathom because there is just so much it can do. Start by reading the manuals that are installed to the FSX/Modules folder, they will give you some idea.
thanks, now I understand, its just a good tweak thingi

I bought a couple of addons recently and nowhere on the packaging did it mention that FSUIPC was needed to run the addons .So after reading that there was a free version I went to the official P Dowson site and down loaded it ...........and that's when when the problem started  every time I tried to install up came the request for 12 fig serial number which woudnt recognise the reg numbers I was advised on the pete Dowson forum to delete all the .dll from the fs root I did find 1 in the root fsx file and one in the modules file (along with with a mass of fsuip stuff)ime not sure if I did right but I deleted the lot ... the logic being that if it hadn't installed then" bobs your auntie"since that episode ive tried to pay for a pucker prog fsuipc 4 and wide and I was dismayed  to find how difficult it is to purchase from the simcheck site . I can only say in conclusion that my first encounter with fsuipc is an encounter I don't want again   

I bought a couple of addons recently and nowhere on the packaging did it mention that FSUIPC was needed to run the addons .So after reading that there was a free version I went to the official P Dowson site and down loaded it ...........and that's when when the problem started  every time I tried to install up came the request for 12 fig serial number

Oh dear, why not simply read the Installation guide which tells you to simply Cancel that if you don't want to register!

I was advised on the pete Dowson forum to delete all the .dll from the fs root

delete ALL the DLLs? What nonsense. No one would ever tell you do delete all of FS's DLLs!!

my first encounter with fsuipc is an encounter I don't want again

I don't know why I bother, sometimes. Why do you think there are INSTRUCTIONS included with the program?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Oh dear, why not simply read the Installation guide which tells you to simply Cancel that if you don't want to register!

delete ALL the DLLs? What nonsense. No one would ever tell you do delete all of FS's DLLs!!

I don't know why I bother, sometimes. Why do you think there are INSTRUCTIONS included with the program?

Pete

Pete

I wouldn't worry if I were you.  If you think of all of us who use FSUIPC and rely on your genius to improve our hobby you're always going to find someone who is too lazy to read the simplest of instructions.  Or perhaps is just too simple to understand the simplest of instructions.  There's always going to be one, isn't there?  Trust me, most of us are extremely glad that you do bother.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Trust me, most of us are extremely glad that you do bother.

I will see that, and raise you an atta boy!

Thanks Pete.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I see the options for negating wind gusts etc but why would you do that!,

The option I find useful is the wind smoothing (and is why I bought the licensed version of FSUIPC finally a few weeks ago).  FSX is notoriously bad about wind direction changes and their effect on the aircraft.  My weather program REX has done some work to fix this a bit, but it's not to the level that FSUIPC can do.  It was actually recommended by REX support to try using FSUIPC to smooth out the nasty winds aloft direction changes I was getting.  

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro