Sign in to follow this  
Squishy

FSX crashes when viewing options in-game

Hi all.I've recently gone to FSX after years of FS9.It works OK now, however FSX crashes when scrolling through the rightclick menu (views, etc).The error message says : uiautomationcore.dll.When i don't use the menu, it does not crash.It's very inconvenient though because i need to use the menu for addons etc.. Now i'm running Windows 7 RC and 181.72 nvidia drivers.. so i know its not a fully stable OS (every other game runs 100% perfect though)Anyone else got this error? can't seem to find much info about it.Thanks,Walter

I just had the problem again, but this time i the error was different (still happened when i in the right-click menu, though..as always)

This was the error:Problem signature:  Problem Event Name:	BEX  Application Name:	fsx.exe  Application Version:	10.0.61472.0  Application Timestamp:	475e17d3  Fault Module Name:	unknown  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0  Fault Module Timestamp:	00000000  Exception Offset:	00000000  Exception Code:	c0000005  Exception Data:	00000008  OS Version:	6.1.7077.2.0.0.256.1  Locale ID:	1033Additional information about the problem:  LCID:	1033

Hi,I am getting CTD as well when using the right click menu. I am using the release candidate x64 7100 on an i7 ex58 Gigabyte MB with ECS 9800 GTX+ 1GB and a matrox triplehead2go with 3x 1280x1024 monitors. I have tried reducing all the sliders to the left, latest driver etc but it still does it. In all other respects it seems to be working much better than XP64.

More...I have tried reducing every setting in the Nvidia control panel globally to either off or disabled... still does it.Tried reducing screen size to 1024 and everything off...still does it.Tried compatibility mode down to XP SP2 still does it.Very reproducible bug...Choose Trike, Friday Harbour any time. Once you are underway right click a few times without selecting anything then run the mouse up and down the menu it will take less than 30sec to crash.

More...I have tried reducing every setting in the Nvidia control panel globally to either off or disabled... still does it.Tried reducing screen size to 1024 and everything off...still does it.Tried compatibility mode down to XP SP2 still does it.Very reproducible bug...Choose Trike, Friday Harbour any time. Once you are underway right click a few times without selecting anything then run the mouse up and down the menu it will take less than 30sec to crash.
Try disabling Intel enhanced speedstep in your BIOS in case it's enabled and see if it helps.Also, What FSX SP are you ? try SP2 if not already installed

Try disabling Intel enhanced speedstep in your BIOS in case it's enabled and see if it helps.Also, What FSX SP are you ? try SP2 if not already installed
Hi,Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that right now and let you know. I am running FSX deluxe with acc.

Well I am getting ready to pull the plug on windows 7. I have tried the following:Completely removing all add ons and FSX then reinstalling FSX without any add on or change ... still does it.Tried disabling one by one in the bios: Hyperthread, EIST, C1E ... still getting the fatal error and restart when in the right click menu.Tried removing the nvidia 185.85 driver and letting WIN7 install its own ... still does it.Tried running FSX in compatibility mode XPSP3 ... still does it.Tried only one monitor at 1024x768 ... still does it.Tried turning off or disabling every 3D feature globally in the nvidia panel ... still does it.So where to from here ... probably back to XP64 which has been very stable.If anyone can suggest something else I will try it before using the HD for something else ... X - Plane ;)

Try disabling DEP.Guide.
Thanks I'll give it whirl and let you know. It is pretty frustrating though as FSX *seems* to run smoother on WIN 7.

Well, two hours later and a fresh install on a new disk. No overclock, disabled DEP and UAC, no antivirus, no nvidia driver, and logged in as admin. Fresh install of FSX ... guest what ... still does it when viewing AI from the right click menu. If I cycle through the AI with the A key no problems. Willing try anything at this stage.

Well I used GlovePie to program the F2 and F3 keys as macros to cycle through all AI planes ... i.e. they were acting as key presses and it was fine. This is at least a work around for me. I use GlovePie to control all the instrument switches with three USB keyboards already, so a few more keys is not an issue.Key.LeftAlt + V + M + Right = Key1.F2Down + Down + Down + Down + Down + Right + Down + Enter = Key1.F3Not very elegant I know but it didn't seem to like putting it all on one key?So it is something quite specific to using the mouse to right click.

I spoke too soon ... any use of the menu will crash FSX given enough time :(. So I suppose that eliminates looking for something in the mouse/USB software? If I set the number of AI planes really low (i.e. the number of selectable items in the menu) it will take longer to crash. Does that suggest a stack overflow maybe? Using exactly the same hardware setup but on a different HD XP64 has been very stable and does not suffer any of the menu problems :(

I have re-installed FSX again but this time only with SP1 and SP2 .. still crashes. Tried an earlier video driver 182.08 ... nope still does it. The only solution it seems is to NOT USE THE MENU WITH THE MOUSE :(

Guest abulaafia

I have the same software, same drivers and the same problem :(DEP is not the issue. Seems to be a bug in the dll. Very annoying, it runs so much better on Win7 Problem replicated on another PC with a different graphics card, so its not hardware related.